One Night Stand

To All The Boys That I've Loved Before

Hearing her words, I was in total shock. Those words that escaped , they seemed unreal to me. Impossible, Yuna couldn't have... she was a good girl, a smart one, she would never do something like that. But then why was she crying into my chest, like everything was ruined ? I knew she was madly in love with Mingyu, but I didn't know it would drive her to make the 'mistake' teenagers would make...

Halla and I gasped, both in shock. Well, Halla was widening her eyes from hearing it. But I knew what it was like to love someone until you completely lost your own sense of mind. You don't care when it happens, those are the consequences. I was slowly crying too, and hugged her.

" Oh my god, Yuna..." I didn't know what else to say. " A-are you sure ? It could've been a scare-"

She shook her head, " My period was already late a week, and I kept throwing up my food. I took the test five times, five times..." and she was choking, then I just noticed she was holding a pregnancy test in her hands. Clearly two red lines were visible, positive. 

Halla was crying too, " Yuna, why didn't you tell us you had ? " she sounded hurt, betrayed. 

Her lips trembled, " I was s-scared if I told you, y-you would think I was a-a..... or something..."

" We'd never think like that, Yuna. " I reasoned. " Did you use protection ? "

" I-I don't know...."

" Well, did you two use a ? " Halla asked as well.

" I don't know ! " Yuna was close to screaming. " I don't wanna think about it, please....." she cried. 

Her state like that was her worst, she was not the bubbly Kim Yuna we've known for so long. The thought of her not being able to graduate, it haunted me. Then I remembered worse things, what would her parents say ? What would happen when she started to show ? What would Mingyu do ? 

" I'm scared to tell my parents...." she sobbed, tears leaking through her eyes. " What am I going to do ? " 

" I don't suppose..." Halla said carefully. " You could go for an abortion ? "

" No ! Its my baby, I'm going to kill an innocent life..."

" Yuna, you have to tell Mingyu. " it broke my heart to say it, it was scary to say something like that. " He's the b-baby's dad. "

" I'm scared ! " she gasped. " What if he leaves me ? "

" Yuna, if he really does love you, then you have nothing to worry about. " I told her. 

" I just don't want to know if he really does love me ? I don't know why, I really don't want to know...." and she broke down again. Halla and I edged even closer to her, and there we were ; on the bathroom floor just in our own puddle of tears.

I understood what Yuna felt, about not wanting to know whether Mingyu really loved her or not. That was how love could hurt us. It builds up a wall, such like fantasy when you really start to let yourelf go all in. When it forces you to wake up from it, that's when you feel like your whole world's shattering. Because it hurts you when you're most raw, unguarded, exposed to pain you never felt before.

It waked you up into a nightmare.


Yuna stayed back for Mingyu's basketball practice, silently sitting at the bleachers. She watched as he dodged and dribbled the ball and slammed dunk. He was sweating profusely, and yet he still was good looking. Her heart was pounding, fingers turning numb as every minute ticked away. How she going to tell him ? They only did it once, a one night stand. 

And yet the unbelievable happened, in her senior year. If he agreed to face it together, she wanted to waste no time in telling her parents. Only, saying was easier than doing it. Unconsciously, her hand clutched her stomach out of instinct, even if it was still flat. Maybe it was her mind working, she could almost feel something moving.

Not long after that, Mingyu caught up with her and went to sit beside Yuna. " Hey ! " and he kissed her cheek.

Yuna smiled slightly and wiped off his sweat using the towel she brought over. He looked so cheerful and outgoing like this, what was he going to look when she told him. Thinking about it, she was starting to tear up again. Mingyu noticed.

" Hey, Yuna ? " he asked, concerned. " Hey, what's wrong ? You're scaring me right now, just tell me and I can help you. " and he put an arm around her. 

Yuna took a deep breath, she had to tell him, " I'm pregnant, Mingyu. " it came out as more of a whisper.

Mingyu just stared at her witha blank face for a long time, not saying anything. So long Yuna was getting scared if he was going to push her away and deny any of his responsibility. She knew this would happen-

" Are you serious ? " he asked, breathlessly. " Yuna, tell me you're not joking. "

She shook her head, tears flowing down again, " I'm not, I took the test and I'm sure of it. Mingyu, I took it five times..." then she jerked away and pulled up her knees against her chest, hugging them. She just wanted to escape this torture, don't let her face reality.

Then he pulled her closer and hugged her, even she was a bit surprised. " Why didn't you tell me, Yuna ? " 

" I-I was scared that you m-might l-leave me..." she sobbed into his chest. " All teen pregnancies end like that... the girl gets pregnant, and her boyfriend just leaves her. I was scared you'd do the same to me, I was just too scared..."

" Yuna..." his voice was cracking. " I'd never do that to you, not even now. I love you, more than any other girl I've ever met. You're that important to me. "

" You mean you'll stay by me ? " she asked scarcely. " Really ? " 

He kissed her again, " Yes, we'll face this together. It'll be harder for you, I know that. And I swear I'll use all of my will to protect you. And our baby, okay ? "

She nodded, " I love you so much, Mingyu. You have no idea... I'm planning on telling my parents tonight. "

" Then I'll come with you. " he said eagerly. " We'll do this together."

And they hugged each other tenderly, Yuna finally stopped crying.


* Wonwoo's P.O.V *

Of course, I would never have the money to buy a whole apartment to myself. That would be ridiculous if I didn't spend one cent of my mother's money. I don't know if I'd suddenly make the decision to grow out of the whole shell that I'd called home for my whole life, I think I just cracked the second my parents split. It didn't wreck my life, not at all. I guess I just realized something I had been doing wrong all along.

My roommate was a Seungcheol, a guy who attended the same school as me. I recalled him dating Minju for some time last year, but what's past was past, so I didn't question him much on that. He was this guy who came from Daegu, and had rented an apartment near the school. I had searched for an empty rent, and he happened to be right choice.

The apartment had two bedrooms, one bathroom and a small kitchen. Easy to get around for two eighteen year old guys who didn't bother to clean up. I worked as the delivery man during midnight shifts on weekends, and he had multiple jobs and the local Starbucks and burger joint. That was how we paid our rent, taking out our savings and building up savings again.

Overall, Seungcheol was pretty good company. 

It was the weekend, the first weekend of school reopening. And sadly, the rain was pouring seemingly heavy ; so serious until the government had instructed all citizens to stay indoors, that included people on midnight shifts. Still, I'd get the money anyway. 

I finished all the deliveries that I managed to get over with and speed back. Our aparment was the kind of place where it'd kill you to climb up all the stairs if the lift wasn't working. It ws my lucky day, all the lifts weren't working. So I groaned and climbed up the many flights of stairs step by step, carrying the boxes up into our apartment.

I got inside, where Seungcheol was slumped comfortably on the couch, watching the sports channel. " Hey ! " he greeted.

" Hey. " I struggled to say. " Hey, do you mind if I put these here ? "

" Go knock yourself out. Oh, and I brought some coffee and nachos back for you. " he said. " They're on the counter. "

" Thanks. " I said, and went to get a shower before I caught a cold. 

As I came out, I joined him on the couch as he ate. Before I could take a bite-

" Hey, the postman sent us the wrong mail. " he said, and got up to pick up the parcel resting on the table. " I think it's next door's, could you give it to them ? "

I frowned, " Why am I the one ? You can do it too. "

" Because..." he battered his eyelashes. " You owe me for bringing you dinner, I've lived in this house longer, and I'm not good around neighbours. "

I rolled my eyes and puched his shoulder. Still, I took the parcel from him and got out the house. The hallway was kind of empty, so no one would look at me strange anyway. I checked the address, it belonged to the people who lived on the far end of the hallway. Opposite us. So I walked up their doorstep and knocked. I waited for a while until someone opened the door.

" Can I help you ? " a girl asked.

" Oh yeah." I said ." I'm Jeon Wonwoo. " and I shook her hand.

" Yujin. "

" I think the postman got the wrong address, and he sent it to us. " I started. " So I'm giving it back. "

" Oh. Thanks. " she thanked me and accepted the parce. She took a look at it. " Hang on, this isn't ours. I don't even know who Jedediah Mcgonagall Jr. is. They got the address right, but I don't remember anyone with a name like that. "

" Oh really ? The post must've mixed up the addresses. " I scratched my head. " I'll tell you what, why don't you hand it over to me ? I work at the post office downtown, I can drop it off for you when I go to work tomorrow. "

" You can do that ? " she beamed.

" Sure, I'll just need your phone number so I can make sure. Your house number's fine too. "

" Okay, I'll need a second. " she looked around the hallway. " How about you come inside while you wait ? I can treat you to some hot tea or something ? Just for paying back. "

" Oh ? Um, why not ? " I shrugged and stepped into her apartment.

It was fairly decorated with plenty of wallpaper and decorations, a few vases here and there. Nicer furniture than ours, some bookcases filled with books. It was generally a basic difference between a girl's home and a boy's home. Seungcheol and I never even bothered to think about decorating.

" Nice place you got. " I said, mostly to myself.

" Thanks. Come, have a seat. " and she dashed into the kitchen to make some tea.

I was wandering around the place when someone suddenly opened their bedroom door. " Yujin, is someone here ? "

It took a moment for me to realize it was Hayoon. I literally stared, I did not expect her to be here. Much less asking who was here, heck her classmate. 

Yujin peered from the kitchen, " We have a guest, Hayoon. "

" Really ? Where is he ? " 

" In the living room ! " 

She fumbled around the living room, her cane in her hand until she stopped infront of me. I just grinned, " Hi. "

She frowned and suddenly touched my hand, sending shockwaves throughout my body. Slowly, she smiled. " Wonwoo ? "

" Hi ! " I immediately said again. " How did you know it was me ? "

" I touched your hand the other day. I know it's you. " then she sounded  surprised. " I didn't know you lived in this building ! "

" I just moved in two months ago. " I said, smiling. " Well, I didn't expect you to live here ! "

" Yujin and I have been roommates two years now, I guess I never noticed you passing in the hallway. Come, sit. " and we both sat down on the couch.

I didn't know how interesting it was to talk to someone, who couldn't see your face. The way she looked at you, well technically she wasn't exactly looking at me ; it made you confident into getting into a conversation with her. And I liked talking to her, that was the point. I mean, most friends would still judge you on a first glance. Being blind may or may not be a good thing, because you got to know people better and not just on a literal first impression.

She genuinely made me feel comfortable.


I went back to my apartment, and Seungcheol was still watching television.

" Hey, what took you so long ? " he asked. " Your food was getting cold. "

" How long was I there ? " I frowned.

" Um, like an hour and a half. I almost thought those neighbours were suicide killers or something. " he exclaimed.

I smirked at that thought, " Not at all, my friend. Though I really should thank you for letting me send the parcel. "

" Thank me ? Why ? "

I headed into my room and stopped walking," On second thought, I really should thank Jedediah Mcogonagall Jr. "