I Hate Myself

To All The Boys That I've Loved Before

* The letter to Kim Mingyu :

Dear Mingyu,

                      I've noticed you ever since you transfered to this school last year during mid-term, hello there. I'm Jeon Minju, I sit behind you in chemistry. You might call me a bit psychotic but I sort of have a crush on you. Now you know why your pencils go missing for no reason, and where did all your notes ended up , they're with me . I'm not sure why I like you , but love does stupid things to people. I don't love you , but my feelings for you are more than ' LIKE ' . Why is that ? This letter won't ever be sent to you or anyone else , it's not worth it. Almost everyone is talking about you , the girls at least . It's such a hype that you don't have a girlfriend yet, that means everyone will be asking you out for prom... I want to be that person, but I know it won't happen. I want to like your posts on Instagram, retweet your staements on twitter , but I don't have a phone. It's sad that...I can't even express my feelings even in the slightest way besides writing this letter. I really like you , Mingyu . I'm too scared to tell you this because...I don't even know why...God, just stop making me feel this way...

                                                                                                                                                                     Yours truly , Minju.


Mingyu held the letter in his hands , his mind was so confused after reading it . He found it on his desk the next day in class, unopened. He expected Yuna to leave some note for him , but not Jeon Minju.

Jeon Minju....Jeon Minju...it was that girl sitting next to Yuna that day he first asked Yuna out . Who would expect her best friend would be liking her boyfriend. She had a nice face , she was a little shorter than Yuna. 

Mingyu lay on his bed confused , what was he going to do ? How could she do that to her friend ? She must've knew he was dating Yuna , so why bother sending the letter now ? Come to think of it, he never really noticed how she looked at him . It wouldn't hurt if he just asked her out , right ? Yuna never admitted he was her boyfriend or anything-

No ! He couldn't cheat on her , not Yuna . He glanced at the letter , it meant nothing to him. Yuna was his everything , not Minju. He had to end this , he loved her. 

The way she dressed like a boy a little , that cute laugh of hers - she was perfect.

He had to put an end to this , once and for all.


I never felt so happy for a long time , thanks to Joshua. I was working in the kitchen , while he played guitar onstage , I could see him everytime I sent food out. His voice was really sweet, it made me feel like Mrs Son's nagging was nothing.

" You look happy . " Wonwoo asked me in class. 

" I do ? " I asked , conscious of my redding cheeks.

" Yeah, but I never understand you . " he chuckled . " Hey , did you finish last week's homework ? "

I rolled my eyes and whacked him playfully with my paperwork. " Here you go , you lazy sloth ! "

" I'm your lazy sloth . " he stuck out his tongue. My heart skipped a beat , he was my lazy sloth ?

I had nothing to do since the teacher was on lift , so no teacher was in the class. Some students were looking at their phones , I had no phone . Most girls were chatting about the latest celebrity news , I didn't know any celebrities. What did I do ?

I just looked at Wonwoo as he copied down my notes.

His writing was slanted and slightly untidy , like him . The way he ruffled his hair whenever he wrote something wrong , tapped the table from time to time . I rested my head on the table , looked at him carelessly. I guess I never got over my feelings for him , but I felt this was what they called, the ' Friendzone' . I didn't mind though , I could still talk to him .

" You're staring again. " he told me , without looking away from the notes.

" N-no , I'm not.." I stammered and looked somewhere else.

" Yes , you are . " he said lazily . " It's pretty obvious."

" Just finish up your homework. "

" You're avoiding the....question." he said after dotting the sentence. 

" What question ? "

He put down his pen and shifted closer to me , looking me straight in the eyes . I had to shift away too since if not we would be glued together. Oh my god , why was he looking at me like that .

" Me . " he simply said.

" What about you ? "

He was close to smirking. " You know the question , what's going on with you and me. "

My heart skipped a beat . " I h-have no idea what you're talking about ..."

" Oh yes you do . " he pointed at my face. " You like me don't you ? "

That was it , he dropped the bomb. I swore never to tell anyone who I had a crush on , well at least through my own mouth , now someone admitted it first. I couldn't say anything.

" I can see it through your eyes , you know . " he said to me . 

I sighed and pursed my lips , this was so nerve-racking. 

" It's okay if you don't want to answer me now , " he said gently . " I can wait , I'm forever here waiting . "

I tried to shake it off with a scoff. " I wonder if anyone would change your decision , there're tons of girls out there. "

He grinned and miraculously went back to his homework , why was he doing that ?

" The problem is , Minju ,that no one can change my thoughts , and the person I'm waiting for is sitting right next to me all day ."


I didn't expect Jeon Wonwoo to ask me about my feelings for him , what I didn't expect at all was Kim Mingyu blocked me in the hallway . 

" We need to talk . " he said , his face was stern . 

" Huh ? " I said cluelessly.

" Right now . " he looked really anxious .

He wasn't like Jeonghan , based on what Yuna had dished about . So I was perfectly fine with following him to the back of the school , the thing he wanted to talk about seemed really important . 

He glanced around so no one was looking , and he took something out from his back pocket. I just stared in confusion , what is all this ?

" Just what is this ? " he showed the thing in his hands at me . 

The love letter.

Oh no...

" Why are you doing this ? " he demanded , he was mad.

" I-I swear , I don't know-"

" Don't bother lying , your name's written on it . " he looked at me intensely. " You sent it to me . "

" No ! " I said desperately . " Mingyu , I never sent that letter to you . "

" Likely story. Then how did it magically appear on my desk ? "

I was so frustrated. " Ugh , it's complicated . I don't know , all right ? I have no idea how it got sent to you . "

" But you wrote it , right ? "

" Ugh ! Yes , yes I did , but-"

" Then it doesn't matter ! " he exclaimed . " I can't believe that's the way you treat your friend . "

" Look , if it's something to do with me and Yuna , you don't have to bother . "

" Of course I have to bother ! She's my girlfriend ! " he was raising his voice . " And you're ruining our relationship ! You could've told me you had a crush on me before I asked Yuna out ! "

I eyes him , now I was mad . " Why ? Because you wouldn't have to cheat on her later to date me ? That just makes you a jacksass ! "

He groaned , " No ! I love her-"

" WHAT ARE YOU DOING  ? " 

We turned around and looked , it was Yuna . 

We didn't realize she was over-hearing our conversation the whole time , she was trembling now . Tears in her eyes , she must've misunderstood what we were talking about . She was coming over .

" Yuna , let me explain-" Mingyu said to her.

She slapped him . 

Her cheeks were stained with tears , " How could you ?! " she choked .

Mingyu didn't say anything , his right cheek was slowly surfacing with red marks. 

" You're the first person I ever had a crush on , and loved ! " she cried. " How could you cheat on me ? With my best friend ?! "

I had to step in , " Yuna , we weren't-"

" Don't talk to me ! " she snapped . " I don't want to hear anything from you ! " 

" We weren't cheating on you ! " I tried to explain.

She was half choking , half crying , " I hate myself ! How could I be so stupid to not know my boyfriend was cheating behind my back , with my best friend ! And you're such a betrayer ! God , I don't even know if you are my friend ! "

I knew I wasn't completely wrong , but it was still my fault I wrote the letter and didn't admit it first . I had nothing to say .

She sniffled and wiped away her tears with her sleeve . " We used to be best friends , now you're just someone I used to hang out with . " and she ran off . 

" Yuna ! " Mingyu pleaded and called after her . 

" Mingyu, I-"

" Just don't talk to me right now , okay ? " he glared at me . " Yuna , please just calm down ! " and he chased after her .

I was left there all alone , and my whole body was numb . How could I let this happen ? Who was sending the letters , it was destroying my life , making me lose friends ... I was going crazy . My dating life went from zero to something so much bigger .

It went from zero to disaster...