My Word

To All The Boys That I've Loved Before

~ At Chesterwood Mansion~

Mr Jeon read the paper while having his last cup of midnight tea , in his comfy armchair. To his left was his wife , watching her favourite KBS drama . The clock was already striking twelve , past midnight.

" Yeobo, have you seen Wonwoo ? " Mrs Jeon asked when the commercial break rolled in. " He wasn't with us during dinner . "

" Out with friends I suppose. " he said. " You were the one that bought him a car , of course he's driving it . "

" Well, everyone in his school has cars, of course he needs one. " his wife protested. " I'm only giving him a nessecity , Donwoo. But I really think something's wrong."

" You're over-thinking , dear. "

Just then , the doorbell rang . 

" Hmm, who could be here at this hour ? " Mrs Jeon frowned. " Herald ? Herald , get the door ! " she called after the butler.

Herald the butler walked down the stairs and reached for the door .

" Who in the world would come at this hour ? "

" Must be one of your friends from the spring spa club inviting you to the casino again, like last weekend. "

" But they came in the evening, it's impossible !"

" Do you know how much I had to pay for your debt ? Gambling isn't your thing..."

" It was just a game ! " she defended. " It wasn't as if we couldn't afford it ! "

That was why he couldn't love Eujin as much as he had loved Sunye, and he still did deep inside . She wasn't rich, she was anything but that , but at least she was someone that made him happy . The only time Eujin made him happy was when she gave birth to Wonwoo  in the hospital...

" What's taking Herald so long ? " Eujin asked .

As if a coincidence , Herald came into the living room, only he wasn't alone.

" Herald , what is this ?! " Eunji was close to screaming. " Why is Wonwoo all wet ? "

He was carrying Wonwoo over his shoulder , with help of the taxi driver that drove Wonwoo home . Wonwoo was passed out cold, soaking wet and had bruises on his face.

" His friends pushed him into my taxi and told me to send him back , I drove off since there was a gang fight chasing him. " the driver answered.

Mrs Jeon gasped, " My Wownoo would never get into fights! "

Dongwoo looked at his soon in distress , " It's fine, Herald , get him into his room. Eunji, go get a wet towel to clean him up. " he walked towards the driver and shoved a few hundred bucks into his hand.

" Keep the money, and what you've seen . Keep your mouth shut, will you ? " he murmured. 

The driver's eyes bulged at the money and he nodded immediately, " Yes, sir. " and he walked out the house escorted by another butler.

Mrs Jeon pulled up the covers of Wonwoo's bed as she wiped her son's forehead with a towel and tended to his bruises, he had a bad cut on his lip and a black eye. 

" What were all of you doing at a club ? Aren't all of you under-age ?! " Mr Jeon had taken out Wonwoo's phone , scrolled down his list of contacts and as expected his friends answered immediately.

" We didn't mean to , Mr Jeon ! " Vernon answered hastily . " Wonwoo called me and he sounded like he was drunk, I called Woozi and Seungkwan and they said Wonwoo called them too. "

" Then what happened ?! "

" We got there, and he was...."

" Don't hide anything from me , boy ! "

" He was kissing one of the hookers there and-and, he kind of got into trouble with some of the gangsters , and they were chasing us. I'm telling the truth ! We're at the hospital now, Woozi got hit in the face and some of the gang members hit Seungkwan with a glass bottle. We got Wonwoo into a taxi forst before the fight got serious. "

" That's enough, thank you for sending my son home. " and he ended the call. 

He glanced at his son, who was unconscious . 

" Minju...I'm sorry........." he murmured. " Please, don't leave me...."

His mother shook her head, " What's gotten into him ? I thought he was with that Minju girl he brought home the other day. "

" Minju....I love you,.....please give me another chance......" 

" Oh my poor son...That girl broke his heart ! I'm going to give her a piece of my mind to treat my son like that ."

" That's all you know what to do, is it ? " he snapped. " Just blame others of our problems ?! "

She frowned , " What on earth are you talking about ?! If it's something wrong, I think it's you ! You've been acting strange lately . And there's this new secretary in your office, are you having an affair with her ?! "

" Now you're talking about this when our son's lying injured in bed ?! "

" You're not answering me , then it must be true ! " 

" For the love of god , STOP IT ! " and he slapped her.

" How dare you ?! " 

" How dare me ?! This is it , we're ending this ! "

If it wasn't for her , Sunye wouldn't have died, she wouldn't have to raise Minju all by herself, Minju wouldn't have been an orphan her whole life and Wonwoo wouldn't have to face such pain of loving his own sister...

He hated himself , he hated her.

~ END~


I sat on the the edge of the bed , waiting for Joshua to come and pick me up. He was kind enough to take my clothes to the dry cleaning, so I could wear them today. My old flanel, ripped and washed out jeans and chuck taylors . 

I didn't have a phone, so I didn't know when he was coming. For some reason I was anxious, really anxious.

As if god answered my call, he knocked the door and came in . He was wearing a black sweater and dark jeans today .

" Hi . " he greeted.

" Hi. " I said back.

He just grinned and looked at me," You look much healthier , that's good. I just got you checked out , all set ? "

I nodded, " Mm-hmm . "

He beckoned and I walked beside him as we both left the hospital room, he had parked his convertible infront of the hospital so I got in immediately . He opened the door for me too.

" Here, let me get it for you . " and he reached for my seatbelt.

" Thanks . "

As we drove , we didn't talk much and the only sound was the acoustic playlist on replay. 

" Wait, what about my stuff ? " I asked, I just reminded myself. " Everything's that back in my room ."

" Don't worry about it , I already settled that. All your stuff's moved- I'm sorry if you don't like it. "

" No-no, it's fine..." I wasn't worried he snooped around, I was worried I would lose the jewlery box...

He drove for quite a while until we reached his house, I peered out the window . We already passed the city and were now driving through a pine tree enligned road over a cliff in the sunset. I didn't know it gotten so late already...

" Are we there yet ? " I asked .

" Almost, most people prefer living near the city, but both my parents are nature lovers, so they decided to live with it. " he explained. " They built the house together. "

" That's so sweet ." I said , out of nowhere.

He raised his eyebrows and chuckled , " If you think that's sweet, you'll like them even more later when you meet them . "

" I'm kinda nervous..." I admitted.

He drove and didn't talk until we parked infront of his house. He stopped the car but turned to me and looked me straight in the eyes. 

" What's wrong, hmm ? " he put a hand on my shoulder. 

" I'm scared they'll think I'm depending on you just because of money, or because I'm anything but rich and I only asking for your help because of money..." I trailed off. " What if I'm not welcomed ? "

He ruffled my hair , " They won't do that. If I think you're not that kind of person, then you're not and my parents believe my word. " he got out and opened my door. " Ready ? "

He held out his hand like a gentleman, I smiled and took it .