Cresterwood Mansion

To All The Boys That I've Loved Before

" You want me to meet your parents ? " I asked nervously . 

" Yeah . " Wonwoo anwered like it was an obvious thing to say . " This Thursday night , I'll show you to my parents."

I was still skeptical about this , it was true we were dating for more than two months now , but I didn't know Wonwoo would take it to another level.

" Are you sure your parents won't mind ? I mean , we just started dating..."

" My parents were the ones that invited you . " he said . " And it's not just my parents , my whole family wants to meet you ! "

" I don't know..."

" Minju..." he took my hand and squeezed it . " I told them all about you , and how special you mean to me . Of course my parents would want to know who's that girl that their son loved so much . Right ? "

I hesitated , it was something that didn't just involve both of us , but his family . It made falling in love the easiest part of all , there was a longer road ahead.

" Okay , I'll go . " I agreed to him . 

He beamed , " Awesome ! I knew you'd agree , they'll love you . I'll pick you up at your house , okay ? "

" Um, how about by the library ? " I stammered.

" Why can't I pick you up at your house ? " 

" Well..." I racked my brain for an excuse , but it was too late . Wonwoo looked at me with his killer gaze .

" Minju , is there something you're not telling me ? " 

" I-I , " I gave up . " I'm sorry I didn't tell you , Wonwoo . "

He fronwed , " Well , I think you can start telling me now . "

He was the only guy ( besides Joshua ) that knew my secret now , I thought he was going go speechless and think I was such a liar to him . That was it , our relationship would be over . Instead , he hugged me closer . 

" Gosh , I didn't know , Minju.." he murmured . " If I knew I would've helped you , get out of that place even . "

I smiled and ruffled his hair , " I don't want your help , I'm doing fine . At least I have you now , that's all I ever wanted . "

" You're so precious , that explains those burns on your arm the other day , right ? " he caressed the faded burnt marks on my hands . 

I nodded .

He kissed my scars and bruhsed his finger around my palm . " They make you stronger , and more beautiful . "

" So I don't really care . I just hope you'd understand me . "

He nodded , " Okay , I'll pick you up at the library if you want to . Be sure to dress nicely , maybe a dress can do . "

" Um..." I was so embarassed at the moment . " What if I don't own a dress ? Or anything nice ? "

He looked at me sympathetically , " Oh , Minju... Don't worry , wear anything you want . I'll explain to them . "

" You want to tell your parents I live in an attic of a cafe ? " I asked cautiously . " I don't think they'll like it . "

" Who cares if they don't like it ? Nothing is going to change the way I feel about you , poor or not ! " he fought .

" Okay-okay . " I soothed him . " I get it , I know what you mean . I'll go to your house , I'll meet your parents . "

" What if they mock you ? " he was looking down .

I cupped his face with my hands , " I have nothing to be ashamed about , and we'll do just fine . "

" I hope so too . "


I borrowed a sundress from Halla and a pair of floral flats , specially for the occasion . It wasn't like we were getting married or anything, but it seemed so important to get recognition from parents .

I sneaked downstairs , trying my best not to get spotted by Mrs Son and get a handful of questions and screams . I must've looked really out of place , out in the cold outdoors with a knee length dress at night . 

Wonwoo came driving his silver porsche , I immediately got in .

" You look..." he was speechless . " Wow . "

" I know , I look really awkward in this . " I rolled my eyes . " I haven't worn a dress since , I think since I was twelve . " 

He laughed , " You look great , my parents can't wait to meet you . " 

I snorted , " Yeah , wait till they know I practically live in an attic . "

" Stop being so melodramatic , they'll understand . " and we drove off .

His house was located in one of the richest residences in the area , Cresterwood Mansions . It had a panoramic view , a small lawn and even a swimming pool . No wonder Wonwoo wanted me to dress up , he was a billionare's son . 

" Nice house . " I said .

" It's not much , my dad's hardly home . It's because of you , he put effort into staying home . " he sighed . " Money can't buy happiness . "

" Hey , " I took his hand . " Stop being so melodramatic . You said that to me . "

He smiled and kissed my cheek . " Okay , let's go meet my parents . "


His house maid opened the giant door to let us in , revealing the majestic scene of his household . A crystal chandelier dangled above the ceiling , the wallpaper looked beautiful and the deco and furniture of the house looked as if it was from a fairytale from far far away . 

I didn't realize my mouth was gaping open until Wonwoo teased me .

" Be careful , a fly might get into your mouth . "

" Haha , very funny. " I answered sarcastically . 

A butler came rushing down the stairs , like a penguin in his suit . 

" Master Woo , your parents are waiting for you in the dining hall . " he said .

" Okay , we'll be there in a minute . " he answered.

The butler nodded and hurried away again .

" Master Woo , really ? " I couldn't contain my laughter .

He pulled me close to him , " Cut it out . "

He knocked on the dining room door before entering . It led to a massive dining room with equally majestic cutlery and decorations . Sitting by the table were two middle-aged people , they must have been Wonwoo's parents .

His mom looked very elegant with a jacket and skirt , her hair in an up-do . His dad was a bespectacled tall man in a sophisticated suit and tie , both were waiting us at the table .

" Hi ,mom . " Wonwoo greeted . " Hi , dad . "

His mom smiled , " I finally get to meet the girl you keep talking about , hello there . "

I hastily walked towards his mom and greeted her , " It's very nice to meet you , Mrs Jeon . "

She shook my hand , " You must be Minju , Wonwoo keeps talking about you . "

I laughed , " Oh , that's very nice of him . "

His father came around , " I'm Jeon Dongwoo , Wonwoo's father . "

I nodded , " Hello , Mr Jeon . I'm Minju , Jeon Minju . "

" Oh , we have the same last name . " he seemed mildly surprised . " But who would care about that now ? " 

I laughed and he suddenly frowned , I was getting uneasy . " Um , is something the matter ? "

He snapped out of it . " Oh , it's nothing . You say , your name is Jeon Minju , since birth ? "

" Er , yes . "

He didn't talk for a while but resumed to his normal state. " Just curious , well we better dig in . Dinner's getting cold . "

As we ate , Wonwoo's parents kept asking me questions . 

" So how did you meet ? " his mom asked.

" Mom , I told you a hundred times . " Wonwoo groaned . " We were classmates for a long time . "

" Oh , hush ! " she nagged . " So do you like the food , Minju ? "

I swallowed , " Oh , yes . It's very delicious , thank you . "

" Mmm-hmm . So where do you live? "

Oh no , here came the risky questions . Wonwoo squeezed my hand from under the table to give support , I took time to calm myself . 

" Well ..." I started off . " I rent a room upstairs from a cafe , I work there part time. "

That caught everyone's attention . 

" Oh dear ." Mrs Jeon gasped . " Where are your parents ? "

" Well , I'm an orphan . " I explained . " My mom died with cancer when I was twelve , my dad left us when I was three I think . Ever since that , I lived on my own ."

Suddenly we heard a loud shatter , Mr Jeon had dropped his glass .

" I-I'm terribly sorry , I lost my grip . " he stammered , looking flustered . " Drew ? Drew , clean this up ! "

" Oh , you poor girl ! " his mom exclaimed . " I can't even bare to imagine everything you've been through ! What an irresponsible father ! Leaving his daughter out in the big world with no one to lean on ! Disgrace to humanity ! Isn't it , Dongwoo ? "

She turned to look at Mr Jeon , for some reason he had turned pale white , like he found it hard to breathe . 

" Dear , are you alright ? " she looked concerned .

" I'm fine . " he stuttered . " If you'll excuse me for a second ..." and he got up from his seat and dashed upstairs .

" What's gotten into dad ? " Wonwoo frowned .

" I have no idea . No matter , let's have desert . " 

As we ate , I was still confused with Mr Jeon's behavior . 

And it was like he was someone I knew , but I couldn't put a finger on it .