||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Acting As His Shadow

Busan’s beach was rarely crowded but a few people were camping on the site. Meanwhile Hoya has chosen a less occupied place as he felt Ryosuke’s hand in his. The sky was dark and so was the color of the water. As they intertwined their fingers, Hoya walked closer to the sea than Ryosuke who had the beach to his side. As the waves clashed against shore just under their feet, Hoya and Ryosuke walked down the wet sand slowly.

“When I ran into Myungsoo this late afternoon, did you know what he asked me?”

“What did he ask?”

“He asked why did you like a superstar like me. Because normally people fear to get too close to superstars, all because the media would bother them. Plus the people would pay us undivided attention and create scandals of us for their own entertainment.”

“I see….”

Hoya could feel the dark atmosphere Ryosuke was emitting but refused to let himself drown in it. Thus he took a deep breath and squeezed Ryosuke’s hand a little. “I’m curious myself, why would you like a superstar like me? Is it because I’m handsome, rich, and good at what I’m doing?”

Ryosuke smiled a little, “Yeah and because you made me feel needed.” Hoya stopped in his steps, hence pulling Ryosuke back a little.

“Needed.” Hoya said with a growing smile. “I like that, I need you Ryosuke.” Hoya took a few steps closer to Ryosuke and placed his free hand against Ryosuke’s cold cheek. “And right now I need a kiss from you.” Hoya pulled Ryosuke closer to him using their interlocked hands and then placing a kiss against Ryosuke’s lips, and even blocking the night breeze from Ryosuke.


When morning rose and the sunlight shone over South Korea, Sungjong slowly woke due to the bright light. With heavy eyelids he felt something even heavier against the top of his head. Then he steadly recognized the figure beside him. Sungjong sat up immediately causing Myungsoo to fall over toward him a little. Sungjong glanced around the room and noticed that Ryosuke was nowhere in sight.

Beside him, he could hear as Myungsoo groaned a little and stretched his arms. “My shoulder is asleep.” Myungsoo said directing to no one as he moved his shoulder in circles. Then to avoid any awkwardness he turned to Sungjong with a question. “Did you sleep alright?” Without a response Sungjong scoot to create more space between them, thus Myungsoo continued, “You slept for a long time.”

“Why are you here?” Sungjong asked, paying Myungsoo no eyes.

Myungsoo pursed his lips, feeling unwanted, “I wanted to talk to you.”

“I asked why are you here.” Sungjong repeated.

Myungsoo heaved a sigh before answering, “I was with Hoya and apparently Ryosuke contacted him. I came to stay with you while they went somewhere together in the middle of the night.”

Sungjong then reached into his pocket for his phone and pulled it out, after checking the time on it he quickly put it away. “Sorry, I have a plane to catch—” Sungjong felt the warmth of Myungsoo’s hand around his wrist.

“Lee Sungjong.” Myungsoo began looking straight at the pretty man who was looking elsewhere. “If you’re going to leave at all costs then can’t you do it later? Can’t you give me a chance now? To love you?”

Sungjong was silent for a moment before answering, “A chance? I was never given chances so why should I give any chances? Especially to you who turned me down more than once in the past?”

Myungsoo wore an apologetic yet disbelief expression. “That was in the past Lee Sungjong. Now my feelings for you are different than from three years ago. I’m already sorry for rejecting you—”

“Whether it’s the past or present people’s feelings change. You may only like me now but in the future it may be different, again. Just how my feelings for you has changed after meeting you again—”

“In what sense has it changed?” Myungsoo dropped the question without hearing Sungjong out. “Lee Sungjong I’m begging you for a chance. Can’t you give me at least a week before you leave?” Sungjong tried to rip his wrist from Myungsoo’s grip but the older wouldn’t loosen his hold. “I’m running out of ideas here Lee Sungjong, I don’t know how to keep you here but I can’t let you go so easily too.”

“Let go of me.” Sungjong stated. This time Myungsoo grabbed onto both of Sungjong’s upper arms and forced him to turn toward Myungsoo.

“Lee Sungjong! Only a week is enough, just give me a week, please!”

Sungjong heaved a sharp sigh, “You’re asking me to waste a week on you just because you’re some person who likes me—?”

“You like me too Lee Sungjong! You confirmed it yourself for me. Just why, why are you playing so hard to get? Do you want to go back that much and become a yakuza? Do you like it that much? Can you even live without me?”

Without answering, Sungjong gently reached over and placed his hands over Myungsoo’s cheeks. There he pulled the lad closer as he himself move in and placed a kiss against the other’s lips. Unknowingly, Myungsoo was pushed down against the couch as Sungjong climbed over him, keeping their kisses sweet and wet.


Ryosuke woke up to the heavy arm of Hoya’s resting over him. Ryosuke look around and saw that it was already bright out, but the temperature of the room kept him wanting to stay in bed. Ryosuke could see Hoya’s hand hanging just over his arm, as he reached over and touched Hoya’s fingers, the older instantly pulled Ryosuke closer. There Hoya hid his face in Ryosuke’s longish hair. “Hoya….Are you awake?” Ryosuke asked and heard a sleepy ‘why?’ behind him. “Let’s go back to Seoul.” Ryosuke whispered.

“For what?” Hoya asked more than half asleep.

“Sungjong is leaving for Japan today.” Ryosuke said as he grabbed Hoya’s hand and caress it. The hands of the superstar was smooth.

“He’s not leaving. Let’s just get some more sleep.” Hoya said causing Ryosuke to become curious.

“What do you mean he’s not leaving? How would you know?” Ryosuke asked. This time Hoya popped open an eye and released a heavy sigh.

“Why would he leave? There’s nothing left for him in Japan, besides Kim Myungsoo is here.” Hoya said, this time pressing himself even closer to Ryosuke.

“But, his mother is in Japan, and he probably wants to continue being apart of Sunggyu's gang. Hoya—”

“Ryosuke, let’s sleep. I’m still tired.”

“But Hoya this is serious—”

“Yamada Ryosuke.” Hoya said this time grabbing the man’s full attention. “Are you some kind of demon? How did you manage to up all of my energy last night?” Hoya teased with a soft chuckle before dozing off again.

Ryosuke who was held captive in Hoya’s strong arms couldn’t help but give up. “It was your idea to bring me here….Why are you blaming me now….” Ryosuke mumbled.


Sungjong was still hovering over Myungsoo when Myungsoo decided to rip open Sungjong’s shirt, exposing Sungjong’s bare chest. For what appeared to be the longest time, Myungsoo was focused on the lines of scars while Sungjong looked down on him. Myungsoo traced the scar from Sungjong’s chest to his waist with his eyes. “What happened here? How did you get this?” Myungsoo asked.

Sungjong noticed Myungsoo was referring to his scars, thus ruining the moment. Sungjong drew back and was about to get off completely, but Myungsoo grabbed his forearm and held him down. “I didn’t even noticed your scars last time.” Myungsoo said under a whisper. “Were they from you being a yakuza?”

Myungsoo and Sungjong exchanged eye contact but Sungjong’s intention not to answer was cut short when his phone could be hear ringing. Sungjong sighed and pull out the device from his back pocket. “What?” He asked as he took the call.

“The plane tickets you’ve asked for. Our plane takes off today at three.” Sungyeol said.

Sungjong sighed, “Good, did you hear from Nam Woohyun? Is he going back too?”

Sungyeol sighed from the other line. “Forget about him, after Kim Saeron heard that Yamaguchi was taken in she couldn’t stop crying and calling Nam Woohyun. So he went to comfort her. I doubt he’s going to leave anytime soon, seems like he’s starting to like Saeron more than a mission.”

Sungjong hummed, “Then, I’ll contact you again to meet at the airport.”

“Sure! Then since it’s our last day in South Korea, I’m going to play around. I’ll wait for your call later!” Sungyeol said with enthusiasm before hanging up.

“Are you really leaving today?” Myungsoo asked, Sungjong stepped off and picked up his ripped shirt. He hummed with annoyance before walking toward Ryosuke’s closet in search of extra clothings. “When?” Sungjong opened Ryosuke’s closest and found it nearly empty. He had forgotten how they came to South Korea with little packages. And Sungjong was out of luck since Ryosuke’s size was a little smaller than his. “Sungjong?” Myungsoo called to grab his attention again.

“It’s none of your business.” Sungjong stated coldly. Myungsoo who had sat up was getting fed up with Sungjong’s moodswings.

“How hard is it to tell me when you’re leaving? It’s not like I asked you when you’re going to come back.” Myungsoo said with a rise of his voice. But Sungjong shut him up by slamming the door to Ryosuke’s closest.

“Good because you don’t need to know either of them.” Sungjong said in a hateful tone. Myungsoo frowned at Sungjong’s statement.

“Why are you getting mad now?”

Sungjong let out a sharp breath of air before answering, “Nothing.” Sungjong then toss his shirt into the nearest trash bin. Myungsoo shot up from his seat almost instantly.

“Are you mad because I ripped your shirt? You’re the one who kissed me first!”

“You were asking for it Kim Myungsoo so don’t you dare turn this against me.” Sungjong warned, then his phone began ringing again and Sungjong wanted to burst open. “What?” He asked the caller, thinking it was Sungyeol again.

“Having a rough morning?” The voice on the other line caught him completely off guard.

“What do you want Jang Dongwoo?”

“Feisty as usual I see. Anyway, I thought I should let you know. I’ve already discussed the details with Sunggyu, but unfortunately Yamaguchi was freed the moment he was taken in.”

“What do you mean?” Sungjong asked with a hard scrowl.

“Yamaguchi was refused to be taken in. His influence and wealth got in the way. So I’ve talked to Kim Sunggyu to drop you as a registered yakuza.”

“You did what?”

“Yamaguchi does not remember who you are. So it’s best that you don’t try to involve yourself with him any farther. It’s for your safety as well as those around you, I mean just think of your younger brother who you promised to take care of in place of all of your parents. Leave Yamaguchi for us to handle, he’s out of your league.” Dongwoo said. “I hope you understand that much Lee Sungjong.”

“You want me to give up on my mother’s death?”

“You can keep fighting Yamaguchi Sungjong, but unless you kill him, there’s no way his actions in the past would bring him down. His connection is too strong and even after working with him for years, I still have no clue as to how limited his connections and authority is. So take what I’m offering now as my condolences to what happened to your mother and live a lifestyle free from the yakuza's.” With that Dongwoo hung up on Sungjong.

Sungjong bit down on the anger that was flowing through his body as he squeezed the device in his hand. “Damn it.” He cursed in low, angry whispers. “Damn it, there’s really nothing I can do. Damn it all.”

“Sungjong.” Myungsoo said this time standing closer to Sungjong. “I’m sorry about your shirt….I don’t want to make you any angrier so I’m going to leave—”

“Kim Myungsoo.” Sungjong said his name to break his train of thoughts. “You asked for a week, right?”

“Huh?”

“Would my lifetime do?”

“Sungjong, what are—”

Sungjong turned around to face Myungsoo, who could see the water in Sungjong’s eyes. “I’m willing you to give a chance, not just a week but my whole lifetime.”

“Lee Sungjong you—”

Sungjong turned away once again, “I….If you’re ready to accept me, then I’m ready to do the same.” Sungjong cracked a small smile, “Kim Myungsoo.” Myungsoo came up behind Sungjong and took the lad against him. Myungsoo had his arms wrapped around Sungjong as he rested his chin against the younger’s shoulder.

“I’m ready, Sungjong. This shadow, will always stand behind you like this.”


A/N: Thought of a scene to end the story but nahhhh hopefully this was a ‘better’ ending? Anywho this is the last chapter! I’m very thankful to everyone who has been supporting this complicated and super draggy story. You guys are awesome for reading through it and keeping up with everything that happened! Thanks once again! And if there's something you still do not understand, go ahead and ask! I'll do my best to explain it xD