||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Acting As His Shadow

Sungjong looked at Myungsoo who was focused on his own hand against Sungjong’s chest. Under Myungsoo’s touch, he could feel the large scars on Sungjong’s chest. He recalled back in the days when Sungjong would wear thin clothes and mainly a tank tip under a netted blouse. And back then he was sure there were no scars. Myungsoo was certain they were recently made, but a scar to the chest? Sungjong must have went through something traumatizing to survive the first cut. “So, what now?” Sungjong asked, this time Myungsoo rose his head up to meet the pretty man’s sharp eyes.

“What?” Myungsoo asked under a whisper.

“Now that we’ve confirmed our feelings, what do you want to do next?” Sungjong asked, making Myungsoo blush.

“Sungjong….I know this may kill the mood….But—”

“But you’re still indecisive about whether you like Suzy more or not?” Sungjong asked. Myungsoo could only sigh and there Sungjong pulled away from Myungsoo, releasing his hold around the lad. Sungjong managed a soft chuckle while looking down at his blanket. “I understand. I won’t force you for an answer, in fact I had hopes you would turn me down.”

Myungsoo was once again confused by Sungjong’s motive. “Why?”

Sungjong forced a smile, one Myungsoo hasn’t seen in forever. “It’d make my job easier. Returning to Japan would be a piece of cake, without you clinging onto me. Like how I did three years ago.” Sungjong muffled another chuckle while looking at Myungsoo. “I mean just think about it, Kim Myungsoo. We met in the strangest way and you’re a good looking  guy. It’d be strange if a straight guy like you accepted me too quickly. There won’t be any fun in that.”

“What are you talking about?” Myungsoo breathed his question in a whisper.

Sungjong heaved a relaxed sigh. “Remember what you said about three years ago? That a guy like me didn’t need a photo to meet my dreams? And so I ran to Japan to be with my mother. Fate was cruel and my mother was taken from me. But the thoughts of you never died, so when mother died, I could barely hold onto myself. I resorted to the yakuza way of bullying, blackmailing, and enforcement in order to cope with everything. Not just how to become stronger, colder, and bolder. And meanwhile as I grew to become this person, I also came to realize that I must have been very bothersome to you. That’s why, I’m thinking of forgetting you.”

“Sungjong, I don’t understand what you’re trying to say.”

Sungjong smiled, “Of course you don’t understand. It’s not meant for you to understand. That’s why we should stop here before anyone gets hurt some more.”

Myungsoo frowned at Sungjong’s tone. “I….Don’t understand….”

“I’m saying that before my work here ends, I might died before I can complete it.” Sungjong then said with a gentle smile. Myungsoo’s eyes widen at his statement.

“Lee Sungjong, what, just what are you planning?” Myungsoo's eyes were locked on Sungjong. Worries welling up in his eyes in the dark.

Sungjong sighed. “Nothing. I have nothing planned.”


Ryosuke was looking through a magazine when he heard a knock to his room. It was already midnight and he was more curious who the guest may have been. Ryosuke got up and set the paper book aside, then he head over to the door. Right when he was unlocked the door and was ready to open it, he felt the sudden impact coming from the other side of the room. Hoya stepped in quickly, and shut the door behind him after Ryosuke was forced a few steps back. “Hoya?” Ryosuke asked with surprised.

Hoya made sure to lock the door before turning to Ryosuke. Where he forcefully grabbed a hold of the shorter foreigner and pulled their bodies together. Hoya had his arms wrapped around Ryosuke, almost too strong that it brought fear down Ryosuke’s body. “H-Hoya, what’s wrong?” Ryosuke asked, trying to create space between them by pushing against the star’s chest.

“Ryosuke. No matter what happens, promise me you won’t push me away.” Hoya uttered, almost too cold.

“What happened to you?”

“Just promise me!” Hoya raised his voice then quickly recover. “Whatever you see or hear, I ask that you don’t push me away.”

“I promise.” Ryosuke said under a confused yet gentle tone. But Hoya didn’t seem convinced, instead he squeezed the Japanese some more.

“Keep your promise, Ryosuke.”


Sungjong had the windows to his room opened; allowing the winds to move in and take shelter for a moment. The breeze blew open Sungjong’s shirt as he had his hands pocketed. Sungjong and Myungsoo was standing side by side while looking out the window. “Doesn’t it feels weird to become friends now? After all, we sort of skipped that phrase and went into a one-sided then enemies relationship.” Sungjong said, Myungsoo breathed a smile.

“You’re only talking about yourself. I’ve never considered you an enemy before.” Myungsoo said.

Sungjong wore a cunning smile in the dark room. “Then, can I ask why you considered a shadowless figure a secret to good photo taking?”

Myungsoo eyed Sungjong, “Why? Because without a shadow, won’t you be view more as a god or divine creature? Most spiritual figures are beautiful and they do not cast shadows.”

“Is that so? I never thought of it that way before.” Sungjong commented. The room was left dead silent for what seemed to be forever. Until Myungsoo broke the ice.

“So I guess this is it? We’re just going to be friends now?”

Sungjong hummed, “We’re just simply friends now.”

“Just friends….” Myungsoo mumbled then puffed out a large mass of air. Meanwhile Sungjong only turned to look at him for a short moment.


When morning rose Woohyun woke up half to an empty space beside him. He flashed a smile recalling last night, how he ended up sleeping with Kim Saeron. As he turned over he saw a note sitting on the nightstand beside him. As he grabbed to read its content, an even bigger smile spread across his face.

I had to leave early. I’ll be back soon so don’t leave yet, my handsome man!

  • Kim Saeron

Woohyun crumbled the paper and then grabbed onto his phone where he tried to make a call. When Sungyeol didn’t answer, he tried Sungjong. “I’ve slept with her. I guess this is one more step closer to a success right?”

“Yeah. You did well. But be careful. Where are you now?” Sungjong asked.

“Still in her room. She asked me to stay for a while before she returns.” Woohyun said with happy chuckles.

Sungjong scoffed at the man’s excitement. “If she isn’t there then I’m assuming my plan worked.”

“What plan?”

“I’ll explain later. Gather as much information about her background as you can without her knowing. If my plan is working then, she must be meeting with Jang Dongwoo right now.” Sungjong said. “Don’t forget, do not get caught. Kim Saeron may be slow, but she has a lot of power to those she discover betrayed her.”

“Sure.” Woohyun answered before hanging up.


After hanging up, Sungjong headed downstairs where he noticed Myungsoo sitting at the dining table, looking through a camera. Sungyeol was seen too, sitting at the table and rubbing his stomach. “What’s wrong with you?” Sungjong asked the winching Sungyeol.

“Owf, I think I ate too much yesterday….My stomach hurts.” Sungyeol said. Sungjong shook his head at the tall man’s recklessness. Meanwhile Myungsoo was only focused on his camera.

“You still take pictures?” Sungjong asked, earning a hum from Myungsoo.

“Want to see them?” Myungsoo asked but Sungjong quickly denied.

Sungjong who had found his seat next to the tallest smacked a hand over Sungyeol’s arm, making him flinch. “We have a lot to do today, let’s go.”

“Seriously….Can’t you see I’m ill? What kind of br—”

Sungjong looked over to Sungyeol before he could finish. “I said let’s go.”

Sungyeol’s attitude quickly changed, “O-oh sure, Sungjong.” As Sungjong and Sungyeol leave the room, Myungsoo eyed them exiting. Just friends? Sorry, but I don’t think I can accept it, Sungjong. I don’t want you only as a friend. I want something more. Myungsoo thought as the two disappeared behind the front door.

Outside Sungjong had his hands in his pockets and his deadly eyes on Sungyeol. “Watch what you say, Sungyeol.”

Sungyeol heaved a depressed sigh, “What can I do? It’s not easy, especially when we’re working together.” Sungyeol commented, earning a disbelief sigh from Sungjong. “Anyway, what was that all about? Usually you’re cold to that guy, why are you suddenly so friendly?”

“We’ve put the past behind us.” Sungjong said, “That’s why.” Sungyeol cocked his head to the side, confused. Before Sungjong can lead Sungyeol away, the ringing of Sungjong’s phone stopped them. Sungjong fished for his phone in his pocket and quickly pulled it out just to see that it was Ryosuke.

“Sungjong.” Ryosuke said on the other end. “Have you seen the news?”

“News?” Sungjong asked, looking over to Sungyeol who’s owl eyes were coming into play, curious to what Sungjong meant by ‘news?’.

Lee Hoya is dating Kim Suzy.” Ryosuke read the headlines to Sungjong, “And this one, Suzy’s Brother, famous photographer Kim Myungsoo caught seeing a man by the name of Lee Sungjong.


A/N: Shorter chapter but meh, thought it’s better to end it here xD