|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Acting As His Shadow

Myungsoo came to a stop when he was near Hoya and Suzy’s workplace. Outside he could see two men packing boxes into a car near the back. One he knew was Hoya. As Myungsoo head over, Hoya was just finishing up placing a box into the back of the small vehicle. Meanwhile a man got into driver’s seat. “Hoya.” Myungsoo called, earning the man’s attention. “Let’s talk.”

Hoya look over to the man and gave a small smile, “Take care then.” With a gesture of a soft nod, he moved away from the car and toward Myungsoo. “What are you doing here?” Hoya asked, sliding his hands into his back pockets.

“Are you moving?” Myungsoo asked, directing it to the scene he had seen earlier.

Hoya who caught on a few seconds late sighed before answering. “Oh, no. It’s my manager, after I came out about my relationship with Ryosuke, the company fired him.”

“You’re in a relationship with Ryosuke?”

Hoya scoffed a short chuckle, “Why? Did you think only you were capable of liking another guy?”

“No….But compare to me you’re a superstar.”

“I know, but even superstars has feelings, Teacher Kim.”

Myungsoo heaved a sigh a little, “You still consider me as your teacher?”

Hoya flashed Myungsoo a cheeky smile. “Either way what are you up to? Why are you here? Looking for Suzy?”

“Why? Do you know where she went?”

“Yeah, Singapore than possibly somewhere else. But you should know her, she can be anywhere in the world and survive. She doesn’t necessarily need us. But you still haven’t answered me why you’re here.” Hoya said, getting to the point.

Myungsoo forced a soft smile. “I was just walking by when I happen to see you.” Myungsoo then shoved his hands into his pockets with an uncomfortable sigh. “My date dumped me, so would you like to grab something to eat with me?”

Hoya thought for a moment before responding “Sure,”


Hoya scratched his plate with the metal fork in his hand. “You mean, Sungjong has returned as a Japanese gang member, and now that he’s done with work here he’s going back?”

“Yeah.” Myungsoo answered without looking at Hoya. Meanwhile he played with the food on his plate.

“You told him how you felt?” Hoya asked.

This time Myungsoo looked up with a hum, “Multiple times.” Then he hung his head again.

“Did he have a reason?”

Myungsoo let Hoya wait a moment before answering, “I don’t know. I feel like, he’s lying to me. But you know he’s stubborn.” Myungsoo took a audible breather before continuing, “I don’t know how I’m going to live after he leave. My days would probably become longer?”

Hoya dropped his utensils all together. “Why don’t you go to Japan with him?”

Myungsoo shook his head at the lad’s suggestion. “If going to Japan mean he will continue his work as a gang member then I’d rather keep him here.”

Hoya sighed, “You’re no different from him. You’re both being stubborn.”

“Is that it?” Myungsoo asked with a breathy smile before changing the topic, “How about you? How did you get Ryosuke to like you even as a superstar? Usually people don't want to deal with superstars since they draw too much attention.”

The one being asked scoffed a chuckle, “Hey, I’m not like you. I like the attention. It took me nearly fourteen years to get Ryosuke and you barely know Lee Sungjong.”

“Then? I should wait at least fourteen years for Sungjong? By then I’d probably be over forty.” Myungsoo said making Hoya chuckle.

“Well you either be forty and get Lee Sungjong or be forty without Lee Sungjong.”

Myungsoo heaved a sigh at the man’s words. “It’s easy for you to joke around, you have Ryosuke.”

Hoya shrugged, “Just putting that out there for you, Teacher Kim.”


Sungjong looked around the room and nodded a little. “So this was where you have been staying, Rose Hotel.” His words came out as unimpressed by the beauty of the room. Meanwhile Ryosuke stood behind a small couch.

“Jong.” Ryosuke started, earning the pretty man’s attention. “Are you going back to Japan?” A small yet forced smile grew on Sungjong’s face, then he hummed.

“Are you going to stay here? Now that Hoya has publicize your guys' relationship?” Sungjong asked, but Ryosuke only hid his eyes from the lad. Thus Sungjong began looking around the room again and at times even stared out the window and watch the people below. “Staying here may be good for you, after all you grew up here and is more familiar with South Korea than Japan.”

“Does Myungsoo know about you going back?” Ryosuke asked in a soft tone.

“Yeah, I told him earlier.”

“And what did he say?”

Sungjong let out a heavy breath, “What can he say? There’s nothing he could say.”

“So what happens when you go back to Japan? Are you going to continue working as a yakuza?”

“Yeah.” Sungjong answered shortly.

“Then what about Myungsoo? Is he just going to return working as a photographer?”

“That’s his decision.” Sungjong said this time looking at Ryosuke. “Anyway if you choose to stay here then it’s best you do not.”

“Jong—”

“I meant move in with Hoya or find a home of your own again. This hotel belongs to Yamaguchi and who knows when someone will come along and grab it. Move out as soon as you possibly can to avoid being kick out.” Sungjong said but this time Ryosuke came up to him.

“Jong! The point I was trying to make earlier was how would Myungsoo live after you leave?! Are you just going to let him wander? You know his feelings right? And he knows yours. So why can’t you be together?!”

“Our paths does not allow us to be together Ryosuke, don’t question me about how he live after. He’s a grown man and one who’s very good at living on his own. He will be fine even without me around.”

“Then you won’t bat an eye unless he appears completely helpless? Is that what you want Jong?!”

Sungjong moved away from Ryosuke in order not to burst before the lad. “I don’t know. My heart wants to stay with him, but my mind thinks otherwise. I’m afraid he’ll turn his back on me again. I’m afraid if I looked weak in front of him, he’ll move on.” Sungjong’s voice has become more shaky. “I have no need to stay here if I’m only wanted but not needed. I’m afraid he’ll make me feel unwanted once I accept him again. I’m afraid of experiencing what I've felt three years ago again. Even when I came to him, worrying about his life, he turned his back on me with a happy smile. It annoys me how he only wants me now, but have no need for me.”

“Jong….”

“Ryosuke, to our parents we’re unwanted and unneeded. But remember how once you became a star, your mother couldn’t stop trying to contact you? If I put myself in your shoes than Myungsoo is doing exactly that. He waited too long to need me.”

Ryosuke breathed a gentle smile. “Then you should confront him, because that’s what I did to my mother, Jong. In the end she really didn’t care for me. But I’m sure, Myungsoo’s response will be different from my mother’s. Myungsoo won’t just want you but he’ll need you. Trust me best friend.”


Woohyun punched Sungyeol against the arm. “What do you mean big boss is a liar prick? Do you want Lee Sungjong or someone to kill us?”

“Ah what’s wrong with you?! It’s not like you know big boss anyway so why are you getting mad?”

“I’ve seen what Lee Sungjong can do, so if we’re talking about big boss than wouldn’t he be scarier and more dangerous than Lee Sungjong?”

“So?”

“So why are you bad mouthing him in the open?” Woohyun in his breath but Sungyeol threw a small fit.

“Forget about calling him big boss! He’s a liar prick who lied to us. He put all of our lives in danger so there’s no point in trusting him. A true yakuza leader would never lie to his men, because trust should be as thick as blood.” Sungyeol said. Woohyun frowned at the lad in confusion.

“Did something happen? Why do you sound so serious and look so angry?”

Sungyeol groaned, “Don’t you get it? I told you already! The one, Jang Dongwoo, or whatever works with Sunggyu. Kim Sunggyu has been playing with us all this time. Our work and effort were for nothing! We suffered nearly four days out in the alleyways for nothing!”

Woohyun shook his head. “Where’s Lee Sungjong? I can’t continue to listen to you when all you do is yell.” Woohyun was about to step forward when Sungyeol grabbed his arm.

“Don’t try to find Sungjong, he’s cleaning up his businesses around here before going back tomorrow.”

“What? Going back tomorrow? Where? Japan?” Woohyun asked and Sungyeol nodded. Woohyun took a step back and sighed in confusion. “Exactly what went down when I was busy, ah.” He mumbled.


“Sleeping?” Hoya asked through the phone. Ryosuke was on the phone with Hoya and meanwhile in the room, he was trying to keep as quiet as he could.

“Yeah, Sungjong came over and is now resting. I guess he must have had a hectic day.” Ryosuke said.

“You said you’re in your room right?” Hoya questioned.

“Yeah. Since he’s here I guess we can’t meet later.”

“No, actually try to keep him there if he wakes up, I’m coming over right now.”

“E-eh? But why would you—”

“I want to see you now and I’m also bringing Myungsoo, so just wait a little.” Hoya said and hung up after hearing Ryosuke’s hum. Ryosuke looked over to the chair where Sungjong sat in and rest his head on his own fist.

Soon time later a knock came to Ryosuke’s door and he was in a hurry to open it. Through the crack Hoya popped his head in first. “Is he still here?” Ryosuke nodded and pointed to where Sungjong sat. Hoya whispered an ‘okay’ before stepping in and gently pushed Ryosuke back in order for him and Myungsoo to enter. Once they were in, Hoya had his hands around Ryosuke’s arms. Meanwhile Ryosuke was focused on what Myungsoo was about to do, slowly but surely the lad was approaching Sungjong.

“Wait—” Ryosuke tried to stop Myungsoo but Hoya quickly stopped him by trying to grab his full awareness.

“Ryosuke, let’s leave this room to them for a while.” Hoya whispered, softly.

“But Hoya, Sungjong wouldn’t be happy—”

“It’s alright.” Hoya whispered, “Should we go?”

“W-where?”

“Busan beach.” Hoya said under a whisper.

“Busan?”

“Yeah, I want to show you around my hometown. Busan is quite lovely at night, Ryosuke.”

“Can’t I leave a note for Sungjong first? When he wakes up he might feel betrayed if I just leave with you….”

Hoya breathed a smile, “No, he’ll understand. Besides, Myungsoo would be by his side when he wakes up. So let’s go.” Ryosuke bit his lip while looking at the back of Sungjong, only to see Myungsoo standing near the sleeping man.

“A-alright then.” Ryosuke said and so Hoya led him out of the room.

Once Myungsoo and Sungjong were left alone, Myungsoo squat down so that he was looking up into Sungjong’s sleeping face. Myungsoo could see the frown on Sungjong’s face and reached over to pressed down against it. “Didn’t I say if you keep frowning then you’ll get wrinkles?” Myungsoo then got up and sat beside Sungjong, where he gently placed the pretty man’s head on his shoulder. And in the dark he stared out toward the window, where he could see the lights of those awake under the dawn sky.