||||||||||

Acting As His Shadow

From Unknown Number

Make sure to wear the mittens! I wasn’t sure whether they fit you or not. But I did make it so they were bigger than my hands. Hopefully it was a good size.

 

From Unknown Number

Did you try them on yet? It’s been an hour since my last message so I was wondering if you’ve seen them! Just let me know if you had!

 

From Unknown Number

Are you not seeing my messages? I haven’t gotten a message from you yet and it’s been three hours since the first.

 

From Unknown Number

What kind of person has a phone but doesn’t use it like any average person do? Or do you not know how to text? Now that I see it, you’re pretty old school. But still, if you need any help just call me! I’ll be happy to help.

 

From Unknown Number

Good night again, I guess.

 

Myungsoo closed his phone and pocketed it right away, there he pulled out the mittens that was carelessly shoved into his pockets. While looking at it, it reminded him of the event that occurred just hours before.

“Don’t tell me, these? Lee Sungjong made them for you?” Hoya asked.

“I don’t know what you’re saying. I picked them up from the streets, that’s all.”

“Liar. I know how it’s knitted. Sure I toss out the ones he made specifically for me but it’s no doubt that that’s his work. Only Sungjong can knit like that. There’s just something about his personally hand made mittens that I can easily detect.”

“You’ve received a pair from him too?” Myungsoo asked, a bit surprised at what he just heard.

“Yeah. I knew Sungjong since he and I were neighbors. But it’s weird, he made them for me because he said he liked me. But I never thought, you would get a pair from him too. Just how do you know him?”

“Like?” Myungsoo couldn’t process what he was being told. If Sungjong made and give Hoya mittens to show that he liked Hoya than what was Myungsoo to Sungjong? It can’t be that the pretty boy like Myungsoo, right?

“So you do know the guy? It’s funny, I haven’t seen him in years. I guess his preference are still guys huh?”

Myungsoo’s eyes shook a little. “Are you saying, this Lee Sungjong is—”

“A homo? Pretty much. The creep used to have this love for me since forever. I didn’t even know he lived in my neighborhood until he approached me.”

Myungsoo opened his phone and for the first time he decided to send Sungjong a text. One that was meant to break and shatter Sungjong’s heart into pieces. One that made Myungsoo an even bigger jerk, if it was a real thing.

To Unknown Number

It’s surprising that even you lack skills with the needle. The mittens you give me were poorly made and disgusts me. I’ve left them outside of my studio, if you don’t come for them, I’ll toss them out the next time I come across them.

After he sent the message, Myungsoo dropped the mittens onto the ground. “If I do this then will you be able to see that I’ve rejected your feelings? Kid?”


Hoya was panting heavily while dropping onto the tiled floor in the practice room. As he laid on the ground, he could hear the sound of the door to the room being open. “Hoya, I found the kid you were looking for.”

Hoya look over to see that it was his manager. “Did you?”

“Yeah, here, I have collected as much information about him as I possibly could and created this documentary file with what I’ve learned so far.” As the man entered the room with the file in hand, Hoya sat up to grab the papers from the lad. As Hoya scanned through the papers and quickly informed himself with any words that popped out at him, he had become completely oblivious to what was to come next.

“Am I interrupting?” A voice asked from the doorway. Hoya glanced up and saw the nicely, curvy figure of the woman.

“Kind of, why are you here?” Hoya questioned the woman in heels. But instead of answering, she walked farther into the room.

“What is that you’re looking at so intensively?” The female asked. Hoya sighed and stood up then pushed the papers against the chest of his manager.

“Leave this in my room and wait for me there.” He said to the lad beside him, his manager sighed and walked out with annoyance. “So, why are you here again?” Hoya asked. The woman closed in on him and wiped the sweat on his chest with the back of her hand.

“You don’t sound pleased to see me.” The lass said, “Did you get a lead on his whereabouts?”

“Who are you asking about?” Hoya asked, ignoring her seductive touches.

“Well of course your little crush.” The woman said. Hoya sighed a little, it was no surprise that she has caught on to what he was up to. She was always pretty quick on her feet, just like Hoya himself.

“Even if I did, it’s nothing you need to know about.” Hoya’s words didn’t stop the woman was tracing his bare skin with her long fingernail.

“I knew you would say that, that’s why I’ve already done my own research on the boy. And it looks like he’s closer to you than you may think.”

“And what if he is? Afraid I might approach him without asking for your permission? Suzy?”

The woman now identify as Suzy smiled at him. “You do what you want, Hoya. I won’t stop you and I won’t get in your way. As long as you continue with what you’re doing to my brother, Myungsoo. Make him come to your side and slowly break him, into pieces for me.”


Myungsoo was drinking himself cold to the core. He drunk until he passed out on the table where he cleared the table of soju bottles with a swept of his upper body. “Big...sister….” He mumbled in his state.

It was some time before his sister had completely taken off without him. Myungsoo was about to enter through the door that was slightly open, when he thought he heard sister’s voice once he was closing in on the room. Hearing her voice wasn’t what made him stopped, it was due to the fact that she was with someone.

“W-what are you doing?” His sister asked. Myungsoo couldn’t tell who she was with, he was afraid that if he look over from around the corner then he would get caught. “D-don’t come near me!” Then the sound of a hand coming into contact with wall in a violent manner created a frightening vibration through the room. And with every second passing by, Myungsoo became more stiff in place.

“I brought the papers like I’ve said from before.” The owner of the voice, a male, said.

“You—!”

“I told you didn’t I? If I don’t get the money I’ve asked for then I was going to come here and reveal the truth to your brother.”

“D-don’t you dare Woohyun!”

“Shut up! Shut your mouth you stupid witch!” The sound of their footsteps scraped the floor and so was the heavy breathing of Myungsoo’s sister.

“If you tell him anything, I won’t stay quiet! And I will stop supporting you financially!” The lass cried.

“Do as you want, if you don’t support me, maybe after when I reveal the truth to your brother, I can get him to support me instead. After all, the money you have been giving me all this time was his, wasn’t it?”

“Nam Woohyun you dirty scumbag!”

In the short moment Myungsoo could tell that his sister must have given the man, Woohyun, a good slap to the face. And as the moment passes and Woohyun has quickly recovered from the physical pain, the sound of Woohyun pressing Myungsoo’s sister down was also audible. The sound of his sister’s whimpering quickly turned into countless kisses. That was when Myungsoo finally took the chance to step out enough to see his sister pinned against the wall, and the man making love to her.

The image haunted Myungsoo till present day. Usually monsters are not born but created, and at that moment, the monster inside of Myungsoo was slowly being made. He couldn’t recall any peaceful days after that day. Every time when he sees his older sister since, he would try to annoy her, or force her to come out about any secrets she was hiding. Sometimes he would even forced her into the corner and kiss her until she cried. At times it would be him striping her until guilt tackled and stop him from continuing. Because after all he still loved her, no matter how many times he had tried to abuse his way into her.

It was when she has taken off with Woohyun that Myungsoo’s world crumbled down even more. The only love he knew ran away with another man, leaving behind only a wedding invitation.

When Myungsoo woke up the next day with a killing headache, he found himself sitting against the walls of an unfamiliar place. The vibration of his phone finally shook him out of his slumber. Myungsoo checked his phone to see that it was Sungjong. The lad had left ten missed calls and five messages. Without looking into the details, Myungsoo annoyingly threw his phone across from him until its cartwheels came to a dead stop near the sidewalk.

Across from him he saw the legs of a figure, then he saw how the person picked up his phone and walk over to him. “Should you be throwing around an old phone?”

Myungsoo peeked up to see who it was. With no problem, Myungsoo recognized him right away. “Leave me and let it be.”

“Why are you sitting out here like this? Are you ill?” The voice of the figure asked before squatting down in front of Myungsoo. There, Myungsoo was lazily staring into the big eyes of Ryosuke. Myungsoo sighed a little too heavily, sending warm air down his nose and onto Ryosuke’s skin.

“What is this? Why am I meeting so many people I never wanted to see again?” Myungsoo’s question wasn’t directed to Ryosuke but rather was to himself, or someone from above.

Ryosuke chuckled a little at Myungsoo’s unstable condition. “Those lies, I know you missed me.”


Hoya opened his eyes to the bright sunlight that has invaded his room through the thin fabric he used as curtains. Hoya looked over to the space beside him that was recently occupied. As he sat up, the blanket fell off him and revealed his upper body. There he saw a note and picked it up.

Thanks for last night.

  • Love Suzy

Hoya heaved a deep breath just to spin around and pulled out one of the drawers in the nightstand beside his bed. Inside he pulled out the file he had received after meeting up with his manager again. Hoya dropped the vanilla folder onto his bed and open it up once again, this time taking a closer look at the details of the contents. When he came to a photo of the person in file, a small smile formed on his face. “So, you’ve finally made it too? Yamada. Ryosuke.”