|||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Acting As His Shadow

Suzy and Myungsoo was left alone in the two story building. As they sat separately on the couches, Suzy seated facing Myungsoo. “I’ve thought long and hard but if I’m not mistaken, the man from last night was the same guy from three years ago. He came to your studio that night and destroyed your equipments, that was him right?”

Myungsoo nodded instead of answering.

Suzy blinked a few times before continuing, “Why were you with him last night?”

Myungsoo managed a soft sigh before answering. “I just wanted to be with him.”

Suzy expressed an gaspy scoff. “What did you say? You just wanted to be with him? Why?”

“I don’t know.” Myungsoo whispered. “It feels weird around him….”

“Myungsoo.” Suzy said scooting over and closer to Myungsoo, until she was able to rest one of her smooth hand over his rough one. “Look at me.” She said softly. Myungsoo raised his head until he locked eyes with her. “The one you need is me. The only one you should want to be with is me. And I am here with you.” Suzy then leaned forward and planted a kiss on Myungsoo’s cheek. “Don’t confuse yourself. You only like me.”


Sungyeol punched Woohyun and shoved him against the ground. Meanwhile Sungjong stood in the back and only watched. “You better do as Sungjong say, or else we’ll kill you!” Sungyeol said under a hiss. Woohyun grunted as he tapped his busted lips, he in his breath when he saw blood. Sungyeol smirked at Woohyun’s cut. “I mean it, watch it.” With that Sungyeol pocketed his hands and walked toward Sungjong.

Sungjong locked eyes with Sungyeol for a moment then spun around to lead the way. As they walked away, Woohyun tried to stand up using the wall as his balance, until he felt the small hands of a certain somebody. “Are you okay?” A concerned female asked. Woohyun peeked over and noticed it was the one called Kim Saeron.

“I-I’m alright, t-thank you.” Woohyun said with short groans.

“Please let me help you.” The female said. Woohyun placed a hand over his stomach and nodded.

Around the corner Sungyeol quickly retreat with the biggest smile. “How was it? My acting got her good!” Sungyeol praised himself. Sungjong scoffed a smile.

“Your acting almost seemed too real back there.” Sungjong said, widening Sungyeol’s smile.

“Of course, if I don’t put in my own feelings and emotion than how would it convince anybody?” Sungyeol asked as a rhetorical question. In which Sungjong nodded.

“You did well. Now the rest is up to Nam Woohyun.”


The woman, Saeron was a skinny lady with curly long brown hair, she wore little make up and was dressed in a revealing, one piece. As she helped Woohyun down to a seat on the bench, Woohyun could smell the expensive perfume coming from her skin and dress. She sat down beside Woohyun and heaved a few pants. “Since I can’t carry you anymore, I’ll call 119. They’ll come take you to the hospital and see to your wounds.”

Woohyun who heard of 119 almost showed fear. “N-no, it’s alright, I-I’m alright. Just some rest and I’ll recover.”

The young lass pursed her lips, “Are you sure? Your wounds look serious.” She said.

“I’m alright. D-don’t worry.” Woohyun said, winching his eyes.

Sungyeol and Sungjong continued to follow them in hiding. From across the road, they hid behind a corner. Sungyeol glanced back to Sungjong. “Do you think he’ll be able to make her believe him? Maybe his beatings doesn’t seem real enough. Should I go over and bully him again?”

Sungjong smacked Sungyeol on the back of the head, causing the man to cower in pain. “Quit interfering and just watch.” Sungjong stated, Sungyeol growled with mumbling. Then slowly a question came to Sungyeol.

“By the way, I thought I heard that guy, Kim Myungsoo’s voice coming from your room. Were you with him last night?” Sungyeol asked. Sungjong wanted to beat up Myungsoo at the sound of Sungyeol’s question. Sungjong had completely forgotten that Sungyeol was a light sleeper.

“Focus on Woohyun.” Sungjong said, gesturing toward the yet to be couple.


Hoya woke up to the sound of his home phone ringing. He groaned as he got out of bed to answer the call. To no surprise, it was his manager. “So? What did you decide on? I’ve had my eyes opened for the past three hours and there were no message from you.”

Hoya sighed, “Give me a break I just got done with my Japan tour.”

“That’s exactly what I mean. Your Japan tour was a success, you’ve gained thousands more fans. If you take part in this film and if it becomes a hit than your stardom would break another peak.”

The masculine man tiredly hummed. “Alright, give me a week off first then we’ll discuss work again.”

“Sure, take the week off. Call me if you need anything.”

Hoya hummed and hung up. He glanced around and heaved a sharp sigh. The life of wealth and popularity. He cursed himself for not being able to bring Ryosuke along, or even take the lad out. Hoya recalled taking Ryosuke to a place he wanted to stay in, Rose Hotel. Ryosuke claimed the hotel had Japanese history to it and thus it may remind him of home if he were to stay there. Hoya then held up his phone and debate whether to call the man or not. “Compare to you….I’m an outcast. An unwanted child. A homo with no courage….A nobody….” Hoya then was about to dialed in his number but instead received another call. When Hoya took the call, he wished it was Ryosuke’s voice, but instead it was a voice he haven’t heard in a long time.

“Hoya….”

Hoya sensed the terror in the voice of the caller, “Suzy?”

“Hoya….Can we meet?”

In the parking lot basement, Hoya had on his hood and cap. He noticed a black van parked at one corner of the area. As he walked closer and closer to it, he noticed how it opened and Suzy came out. She hurried over and wrapped her arms around Hoya’s shoulders. “Hoya….” Suzy said, with an upset tone. “Please help me.”


Myungsoo pressed his palm against the photowall. He was back in the studio that was left untouched for a good amount of time. Looking at each and every one of his photos, Myungsoo could feel the talents he once possessed were long gone. Taking photos used to be his passion and forte until he switched over to sceneries and settings. The handsome male then spun around and stopped when he could see the person before him.

Sungjong, as always, emotionless.

“Lee Sungjong? Why are you here?” Myungsoo asked.

“I recalled scanning at your wall of photos. An image of someone stood out to me.” Sungjong said. Myungsoo was confused as to who Sungjong had meant.

“What?”

Sungjong walked over until he was standing beside Myungsoo and facing the photos. “Since you claim these as your work, it meant you knew everyone on here pretty well right? After all, you’ve worked with them.”

“What are you getting at?” Myungsoo asked, Sungjong then reached for an image on the wall, hiding under more recent pictures.

“This. He’s the person that caught my attention.” Sungjong said, ripping the picture away from the safety pin. Myungsoo looked over and saw the person in the image, a person he had worked with more than a decade ago.

“Why are you interested in him?”

Sungjong flashed a smudged smile. “I met him.”

“Where?”

“Japan.” Sungjong answered, turning his attention to Myungsoo. “He was my partner.” Myungsoo wasn’t sure what Sungjong meant but kept his eyes locked with the prettier man. The enticement of Sungjong’s eyes made Myungsoo trembled.

“What kind of partner…?” Myungsoo asked, in order to keep Sungjong’s attention on him. Sungjong who fell into the trap of Myungsoo’s wants, flashed a smile.

“One in crime.”

“Sungjong, whatever it is you’re doing, can’t you stop? I don’t know what you’ve been through but I can sense that it’s dangerous, also—” Sungjong stopped Myungsoo before he could continue by cutting in.

“That’s it. Because you don’t know what I’ve been through you shouldn’t be butting in.”

“I’m only butting in because I care—!”

“Then don’t care! No one is asking for you to care.” Sungjong said under a dangerous tone. Myungsoo exhaled heavy breaths through his nose before speaking again.

“Sungjong, if it’s because of what I did three years ago, then can’t you forget about it? If I knew that pushing you away would make you a monster than I wouldn’t have pushed you away. In fact I should have been straight up with you and turned you down the moment I had the slightest clue that you liked me. But I never knew a caring guy like you can ever become this kind of monster, a monster with no weakness. No emotion. The empathy you once had, it’s barely visible now. Can’t you stop before you become a complete monster?” Myungsoo asked, in the lowest possible voice he could.

Sungjong pocketed the photo in his hand into his pocket. “A monster you say?” Myungsoo knew Sungjong was going to use what was said against him. Thus he only waited for Sungjong to bring it. To stomp over Myungsoo’s feelings once again. Myungsoo saw how an amused smirk was drawn onto Sungjong’s pretty face. “Then say I’m what you call a monster, a beast. Are you going to play the beauty then?” Sungjong’s question shook Myungsoo’s heart.

“Sungjong, you—”

“Why? Aren’t you curious?”

“A-about what?”

“The curse? A curse is put on every monster, Kim Myungsoo. So how are you,” Sungjong took a step closer to Myungsoo, pressing up against him, “a beauty, going to break this beast’s curse?”

“Sungjong I—” Before Myungsoo could complete his sentence, Sungjong shoved him against the wall, pinning one of Myungsoo’s wrist against the wall, leaving his other free, to squeezed between their chests. Sungjong then used his free hand to grab a hold of Myungsoo’s chin.

“Kim Myungsoo. I’m tired of pretending not to want you.” Sungjong’s confession came out cold, causing Myungsoo to shiver. “I know you were playing hard to get because you were in love with your sister. But the trembling of your body shows that you’ve been yearning to be touched by me. So which is it?” Sungjong asked, tracing the side of Myungsoo’s neck. “Are you going to be my beauty? Or would you rather become someone like me? A beast. Except I guess you’ll become your sister’s beast.”

Sungjong then reached his hand under Myungsoo’s shirt and lift it up, placing his hand in the center of Myungsoo’s bare chest. “Look at that. The beating of your heart, it’s so fast.”

Myungsoo swallowed the lump in his throat when he could feel the redness coming through to his cheeks. He can’t let Sungjong know, but he couldn’t hide it. Sungjong smiled, pleased with Myungsoo’s current state before pulling away completely. “I guess in the end, deciding to come here just for a photo wasn’t a waste after all. It was fun teasing you while it last, Kim Myungsoo.”


Sungyeol tapped the ground with his feet as he directed his binoculars toward the last floor of Rose Hotel. Through the two lens he watched as a woman undressed herself in front of the window. Sungyeol couldn’t stop giggling like a ert. And soon from behind him, he felt a heavy smack to the back of his head, causing him to stumble forward. “Ah who the hell—?!” Sungjong held out the photo to Sungyeol, who was more than surprised to see his boss. “Oh you’re finally back. But what’s this?” Sungyeol questioned, taking the photo.

“Our next target.” Sungjong said. Sungyeol frowned.

“Who is he?”

A half smile was plastered against Sungjong’s pretty, ageless face. “His name is Jang Dongwoo.”