|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Acting As His Shadow

The sound of chattering and running approached Sungjong and Sungyeol from the side. There Sungjong lowered his phone and stared down the direction. Reporters were seen heading their way, stopping at nothing. “S-Sungjong.” Sungyeol uttered. Before they could move, the large group surrounded them, flashing lights and mics before them.

“Are you Lee Sungjong?” Some asked.

“How long ago since you’ve been seeing Kim Myungsoo?”

“Who are you?”

“What’s your relationship with Kim Myungsoo?” Sungjong was drowned with questions but he made no attempts to answer any. Instead he stood still and let the reporters pushed and shoved all persons around. Sungyeol who was one of the tallest tried to fight off anyone too close to Sungjong, but he couldn’t win against twenty people.


“Was this what you meant last night? You knew this was coming?” Ryosuke asked, clutching the phone in his hand. Meanwhile Hoya was sitting on the single couch.

“I knew nothing about Lee Sungjong and Kim Myungsoo being together. I only knew about the one with Suzy and I.” Hoya said but Ryosuke only groaned.

“Still, you knew!” Ryosuke raised his voice only for Hoya to shoot up from his seat.

“Ryosuke, I did not know! I never knew Sungjong was also back in South Korea!”

“That’s not what I meant!” Ryosuke shouted. “I’m talking about you.” He said this time in a softer voice. “You knew about yours and Myungsoo’s sister….Yet you didn’t stop her. Isn’t it just like you cheating on me…?”

Hoya heaved a sharp sigh, “This was why I came here last night Ryosuke, because I was afraid you’d misunderstood. I have my reasons for going through with this. And I don’t care if you see it as me cheating on you, because I’m not. And you know that.”

“Sure, I can take your words for it. But now the media and public doesn’t see it that way. You’re now her boyfriend, so if you get caught with me then it’ll be more of a scandal. In fact you may even lose your career!”

“Ryosuke, the moment I chose to like you, I knew I was risking my career and name. But what can I do? I don’t want to give either you or my career up! So, I’m going to tell the press that I’m actually with you now. That I was the same man you were caught with three years ago.” Hoya said, storming out of the room before Ryosuke could stop him.

“Hoya don’t do it—” Ryosuke stopped himself when Hoya disappeared behind his door. Ryosuke then groaned and ran out after Hoya. Ryosuke managed to catch Hoya entering one of the elevators, in which he quickly rushed over just to stopped at the doors. “Hoya, don’t do anything reckless!” Ryosuke pleaded. Hoya who finally noticed the Japanese pull him in, Hoya then pressed on a button in the elevator shaped like a heart.

Since the hotel’s purpose was made for couples, the elevators in Rose Hotel provide a button shape like a heart for couple moments in the elevator. Hoya who had quickly caught on to the idea of the button pressed Ryosuke against the wall and began planting kisses on the shorter’s neck. Ryosuke who was caught off guard couldn’t help but held onto Hoya for balance. “H-Hoya what are you doing? L-let go of me—”

Hoya pulled himself back then looked Ryosuke right in the eyes. “I love you Ryosuke. I want to prove it to you. Please let me.” Hoya said before pulling off his own shirt, then taking Ryosuke back into his warm hold.


“What do we do now? Your name’s probably all over South Korea, I’m sure Yamaguchi would catch onto you soon.” Sungyeol commented. He and Sungjong were the only ones standing in Myungsoo’s living center.

Sungjong let out a heavy sigh. “I didn’t predict such an early exposure.”

Sungyeol breathed through his nose sharply, “What now? Are we just going to return to Japan? What are you going to do if big boss finds out?”

“What can I do?” Sungjong asked calmly, Sungyeol noticed the sparks in Sungjong’s eyes. Then he quickly knew what was to come. “We’ll just have to carry out the plan at full force.” Sungjong said.

Sungyeol sighed in depression. “That’s like running us straight into our graves….” He mumbled.

But Sungjong didn’t bat an eye. “Contact Woohyun, have him move faster. I’ll handle any Yamaguchi dogs who gets in my way.”

“But Sungjong—”

“If you’re afraid then you can go back to Japan. I won’t back out now just because I’m been exposed. In fact I’m still looking to see who may have done the deed. I won’t let them escape.” Sungjong stated firmly, causing Sungyeol to become worried. Sungjong’s stubbornness was really going to be the cause of his death. Sungyeol could just imagine it.


Woohyun was sitting in a chair, browsing through one of Saeron’s magazine collection, when he noticed the front door opening. There he saw Saeron. For a brief moment he thought something was wrong until she smiled her eye smiled at him. “I’m glad you’re still here.” She said then held up a bag of sojus. “Let’s drink.” Without any objection Woohyun agreed.

Woohyun wore a smile with a glass of soju in hand, he saw facing Saeron who had drowned herself with sojus. “If you weren’t here, I would be so lonely.” She said under half opened eyes and a drunken tone. “In all my life, no one appreciates me. Not even both of my parents who both remarried. My father locked me here because he thought he could keep me safe. But he never said what he meant was safe.” She rambled. “My father, he’s so rich but he wants to be even richer. He’s so rich that I can buy any car I want and he wouldn’t even noticed.”

“What is your father doing now?” Woohyun threw in the bait.

Saeron toss away her bottle and turned to look at Woohyun with her unfocused eyes. “Right now? He’s building something. Something here, in Korea.”

“Where?”

“I don’t know, it’s some place Dongwoo told me was abandoned. My father, he likes to buy unwanted properties and make something of it. For example this hotel, this hotel he built, or had built. This place used to be where a high school was, the school was failing so my father bought it. Funny right? He would have came up with a hotel at the grounds of an old school?” Saeron said before drifting off. Woohyun processed her words and an image quickly came to him.

The abandoned storage he used to take shelter in. He recalled construction being in sight. If it was true then Yamaguchi must be building something there. Woohyun quickly pulled out his phone when he heard it ring.

“Woohyun, Sungjong is—”

“Lee Sungyeol! I’ve got it, the next spot Yamaguchi has taken over.”

“You what?”

“Remember the land I took us to when we first got here? Sungjong should remember, it used to be where an abandoned storage home is. Apparently Yamaguchi had it torn down and is making something of it.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah. And now that I think about it, Kim Saeron mentioned Dongwoo. It may be Jang Dongwoo, who Sungjong spoke of. If it’s right then it meant that Sungjong purposely provoke Dongwoo into warning Saeron about her location and safety. But instead Saeron was also told about her father’s next moves. That means our plan worked, now we just have to capture this Yamaguchi guy!” Woohyun said, speaking his thoughts.

“Wow….I didn’t know you were smarter than me.” Sungyeol said, making Woohyun chuckle.

“Just inform Sungjong about that. I’m going to wrap things up here then I’ll meet you at the house.”

“Wait. It’s best if you don’t hurry.” Sungyeol said.

“Why not?” Woohyun asked with confusion.

“Apparently Sungjong’s name and location was leaked. Reporters and the press swarm in like flies, there’s no way you can get in without being questioned. It’s best if you don’t return just yet, just to keep your identity hidden.” Sungyeol said.

“Why? What do you mean Sungjong’s name has been leaked?” Woohyun asked with utmost curiosity.

“This morning, I heard new articles and new reports had it as the titled header. It was the topic this morning.”

“But I’m sure Lee Sungjong isn’t the only Lee Sungjong in South Korea, so what gives that Sungjong has been exposed?” Woohyun asked.

“When that crowd of flies swarm in, they knew Sungjong was the Lee Sungjong in the article. I’m not sure how or why they knew, but they did. That is enough to show that Sungjong has been exposed.”

Woohyun sighed, “So? What is Sungjong planning to do next?”

“I...I think he’s planning to ignore it….He said he’s going to go forward at full force. That means the moment I report to him what you’ve told me, there’s a high possibility that he may just go to the sight immediately.”

“Really? Isn’t that a little too hasty?”

“Yeah. And I’m not feeling well about it. Something’s bothering me with the whole idea but I don’t know what it is.”

Woohyun clicked his tongue, “Don’t stress it. Don’t tell Sungjong just yet, wait until I come. We’ll tell him together and make sure he doesn’t do anything dangerous.”

“A-alright.” Sungyeol said before hanging up. From behind him Sungjong came into view.

“So, what did Woohyun say?” Sungjong asked.

Sungyeol spun around with jumpy breaths. “O-oh Sungjong. H-he said he’ll get on with it. And if he finds out anything, he will tell us right away.” With that Sungjong hummed and walked away. Sungyeol pressed a hand over his chest. “That was close.” He whispered.


Hoya had one arm around Ryosuke, they were both half except that Ryosuke had Hoya’s shirt covering him like a blanket. “You said Suzy, Myungsoo’s sister released the reports right?” Ryosuke asked. Hoya hummed.

“It was an idea she had three years ago. She wanted to keep Myungsoo to herself so she wanted to test his feelings for her. She was going to use our friendship as a relationship to make Myungsoo jealous. And also to bring Myungsoo under my care. But for some reason she dropped it three years ago, and that was when I discovered that it was because you and Sungjong went to Japan.”

“Then, why would she release news about you and her, and at the same time about Kim Myungsoo and Sungjong?”

Hoya shrugged. “I don’t know what she’s thinking.”

“You haven’t heard from her?” Ryosuke asked, Hoya shook his head with pursed lips.

“After the reports, I’m sure reporters would have flooded her place. After all I’m a very big star.” Hoya said trying to lighten the atmosphere but Ryosuke wasn’t going to have it.

“Can’t you try to contact her…?”

Hoya pulled away from Ryosuke, “Why do you want me to contact her so much? Is something bothering you?”

“No. I just want to ask her why she did that to Sungjong….He must have been affected by the news as well.”

Hoya raised an eyebrow. “Alright, I’ll give her a call then.” With that Hoya pulled out his phone which was pocketed. As he dialed her number, he set the phone on speaker before leaning in closer to Ryosuke again. Hoya quickly planted a kiss on the side of Ryosuke’s head before his call went through.

“Hoya.” Suzy said, her voice trembling.

“I saw the news,” Hoya said then continue, “I thought it was just going to be about you and me?”

Ryosuke who was listening intentively appeared uncomfortable and disturbed. He still hated the fact that the false news was released to harm all people involved. “Hoya….I only did what I’ve told you. I don’t know about the other one.”

Hoya raised an eyebrow, “What do you mean you don’t know about the other one? Where are you?”

“I,” Suzy breathed, and there Hoya knew she had been crying, “I’m going to Singapore, after the news about Myungsoo came out….Reporters and my staff members questioned me non-stop. I don’t want to deal with this, I’m going to Singapore and afterwards I’m going somewhere else. I’m sorry for pulling you into this….” With that Suzy hung up with sniffles.

“She didn’t released the news about Kim Myungsoo and Jong….Then who did?” Ryosuke asked but Hoya was just as clueless.


Sungjong dropped the heavy pages onto the desk in the spacious room. “It was you, wasn’t it? Kim Myungsoo?” Myungsoo looked up from behind his desk to meet Sungjong’s deadly eyes.

“Yeah. It was me.” Myungsoo admitted.