||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Acting As His Shadow

In a small but comfy room, where three long couches make the room along with a bright light in the center of the ceiling. Ryosuke was facing the opposite direction of the couch he sat on, looking out the window from the third floor, meanwhile Hoya was busy discussing work with his manager in the other side of the room. “I’ve already discussed this with the CEO, if we expand your career and make an actor out of you, your popularity is bound to rise.”

Ryosuke watched as the lights of the city below him came to live and as the sky starts to sleep. He was resting his arms on the crest roll of the couch and on top of that was the side of his face. He was looking at the world with a slanted view. Behind him, he was oblivious to what was being talked about.

“Acting?” Hoya asked, earning a nod from the latter.

“Yeah.”

Hoya looked over to see the back of Ryosuke. Then he look back to his manager, “Let me think it over tonight. I’ll give you the answer tomorrow.”

“But Hoya—”

Hoya cut the man off before he could finish. “Don’t worry. I’ll text you, it’d be the first thing you see when you open your eyes tomorrow.”

The man heaved a sigh. “Fine, give me your answer tomorrow. However I hope you’ll make the right choice and agree to this idea.”

“I told you not to worry. I’ll also think of you when I’m approaching my final decision.” Hoya said, putting a more at ease look at the man’s bold facials.

“Then, I’ll wait for you in the cafe.” The man said before leaving the room with Hoya’s approval. After the man was gone, Hoya went and sat behind Ryosuke. Where he wrapped his arms around Ryosuke’s and rested them over the Japanese’s arms. Hoya pressed his chin onto Ryosuke’s available shoulder.

“It’s getting late, should I take you home?” Hoya whispered into Ryosuke’s ear. But the Japanese man didn’t answer. Instead, he continued to stare out into the open, free view before him. “Ryosuke?” Hoya asked.

This time Ryosuke sat up from his resting position and turned his head halfway until he could see Hoya with a side view. “What am I to you? Lee Hoya?”

Hoya fell silent for a moment, “Why do you ask?”

Ryosuke looked back into the opening. “I mean you’re Lee Hoya. You have everything and even if you don’t, you’ll still be able to get it. But I’m just, a nobody.” Ryosuke said, his eyes a little watery. “Compare to you….I’m an outcast. An unwanted child. A homo with no courage….A nobody….”

Hoya leaned in to tighten his hold around Ryosuke once more. “Even if you’re a nobody, an outcast, an unwanted child, or a homo with no courage. To me, you’re a rare treasure. A treasure I’ve been trying to obtain for years. You’re more valuable than anything I can ever buy or get. Your presence itself, Ryosuke, makes me feel warm.”

Hoya’s words brought tears to Ryosuke’s eyes and quietly his body shook with every tear sliding down his cheek. Until the warmth of Hoya’s embraced took over the shivers running down and through his fragile body stopped him from shaking. Thank you for liking me, Lee Hoya.


Sungjong was looking out the window to his room with his hands tucked away in his pockets. His leaning pose was even more defined under the moonlight that shone through his window, leaving his shadow on the floor beneath him. While looking up at the pretty, bright moon. A wave of peace washed through him and came to a quick end, when Myungsoo came into his room. “What’s this about being a yakuza? Isn’t that a Japanese word for gang-related?”

Sungjong turned around enough to see the shadowed figure of Myungsoo. “Your interest in others businesses is starting to show, Kim Myungsoo.”

“Don’t change the subject! Exactly, what are you involved in, Lee Sungjong? This gang stuff, you can’t be serious right? This was what you were referring to as work?!”  

Sungjong frowned, displeased with the tone of Myungsoo’s voice. “Woohyun and Sungyeol are resting in the other room, keep your voice down.”

“This is my house! Don’t tell me what to do and answer me, Lee Sungjong.” Myungsoo said under a shaky voice. Sungjong took the first few steps to get closer to Myungsoo. The handsome man knew fairly well what Sungjong was or is a part of. But he’s refusing to accept it.

“You should already realize by now that I am not the same person who can be pushed around. I told you that I’m more dangerous than you, and that if you get close to me you’ll be the one in pain. Didn’t I tell you that?”

Myungsoo bit down on his lips. It was true and he knew it to be as well. Myungsoo was falling deeper and deeper into Sungjong and he cursed himself for not being able to control himself. “Your new self is really...hateful.” Myungsoo commented.

Sungjong breathed a scoff. “I don’t understand you, Kim Myungsoo. You go on and on about me and kept butting into my businesses without my permission. Then at times you’d sulk without reason before me. Are you acting like this to gain my pity? Or are you mocking me with your mood swings?”

“I—”

“Why? Are you going to tell me that you’re starting to like me now? That my stuck up and sassy personality isn’t in your favor? You’re always complaining about me annoying you. But when I go to mind my own work, you always show up, trying to bring out the bad side in me. Do you like being belittled by me?” Sungjong asked, but gave him no room to answer. “I’ve had it with your immature acts. Quit appearing before me when you’re not wanted.”

Myungsoo stood his ground. Then unknowingly he took the first step toward Sungjong. With every steps, Myungsoo picked up his pace before coming to a stop before Sungjong. “Don’t move.” Myungsoo said, then he grabbed a hold around Sungjong’s nape and pulled the lad in for a deep kiss. Against Myungsoo’s dried lips, he could taste Sungjong’s sweet and cherry ones. Despite Sungjong’s bold words, Sungjong emitted a warm heat.

The handsome man couldn’t help but played with Sungjong’s tongue with his. And with every , Myungsoo’s heartbeat raced even more. He was afraid Sungjong would push him away. Afraid the pretty man would hate him. But Sungjong did as he say and didn’t move a muscle. After stealing a few more kisses from Sungjong, Myungsoo finally pulled away, but kept his hands around Sungjong’s nape. He stared directly into Sungjong’s pretty eyes.

“S-sorry….” Myungsoo said, finally taking a wider step backward. Myungsoo saw how Sungjong’s eyes looked elsewhere, as if he was seeing something, or someone. Then the sound of heavy objects hitting the ground caught Myungsoo to turn around just to widen his eyes.

“W-what is this?” The person at the door asked.

“Suzy?” Myungsoo said in a low tone. Myungsoo then turned around to meet Sungjong’s gaze. “You knew she was there?”

Sungjong brushed off Myungsoo’s indirect accusation. “Continue to get close to me and you’ll be the one in pain. I told you that,”


Suzy slapped Myungsoo’s hand from her. “You cheating, lying bastard!” The two has moved to the living room where every light in the room was on, at its brightest level.

“I can explain, Suzy.” Myungsoo said but the lass didn’t give him a chance.

“Explain? What kind of explanation do you have? You literally kissed another guy in the room!”

“I didn’t know you were going to return so soon….”

“And so that’s why you decided to make love to this random guy in a dark room?! You told me you were going to house your friends so I came back this late hoping I wouldn’t disturb everyone in. I was hoping to get up first thing in the morning and cook for your friends but this is what I came to see?!” Suzy screamed. Myungsoo heaved a heavy sigh.

“Sorry.”

Suzy brushed her long, wavy hair back with a hand. “Forget it.” She said after calming herself. “I’m tired from traveling all night, I’m going to rest.” Suzy heaved a depressed sigh, “I’m disappointed in you.” With that Suzy left Myungsoo alone in the room and headed upstairs. There she saw Sungjong for a brief moment then hurried past the lad. Sungjong watched as she walked down the hall and went into her own room, then Sungjong headed downstairs.

In the living room, Myungsoo was sitting in the couch with his face hidden behind his hands.

“About your action from earlier. I’ll just considered yourself confused. You don’t know what you want, Kim Myungsoo.” Sungjong said, adding salt to Myungsoo’s growing wound.

Myungsoo reacted to Sungjong’s presence only by hanging his head and falling silent. The night soon came to an end with Myungsoo falling asleep on the couch, while Sungjong was left only watching the other sleep. You haven’t changed at all, you jerk.


Woohyun blinked, “What do you mean I’m in charge of finding your informant?” Sungjong, Sungyeol, and Woohyun were sitting in a cafe, where Sungjong had dropped the first step to his plan on them.

“The reason why I dragged you along was so I can put you into good use.” Sungjong said reminding the men who has been too spoiled with playtime and no work.

Woohyun cleared his throat. “Fine, spill it. How do I find this informant of yours?”

Sungjong smiled a little and placed a paper in the center of their attention, on the table. “Last time I went into Rose Hotel, I was able to get my hand on the names of each employee. What I should have done was gathered the names of the customers.”

“Name of the customers?” Sungyeol questioned.

“That’s right. After checking the list of Rose Hotel’s customers, I looked into the VIP section. There I found something very interesting.” Sungjong said, dropping a shorter list in front of the lads.

“What is it?” Sungyeol asked. Sungjong pointed to a certain name.

“The female VIP customer, Kim Saeron.” Sungjong said. Sungyeol and Woohyun stared blankly at her name.

“What’s special about her?” Woohyun was the first to ask. Sungjong wore a short-lived smirk.

“Eighteen year old Kim Saeron is one of Yamaguchi’s woman on the side child. Though she isn’t the daughter of Yamaguchi’s wife, she is his only daughter. A descent of Korean and Japanese. Like many yakuzas, her surname was switched from her Japanese to her Korean origin. I’ve met Saeron before, she’s navie and careless. If you can get your hands on her, she’d be very useful as an informant.” Sungjong explained. Sungyeol and Woohyun glanced up.

“Are you crazy? You want me to go up to her and ask her to give away information about her father? She’d probably report me to him instead.” Woohyun argued.

“If you can win her heart than you can get as much information as you can.” Sungjong said.

“Would she be that easy to fool?” Sungyeol questioned.

“We’ll have to test that out. She may not be easy to fool, but it won’t be difficult to get her to leak some leads on Yamaguchi.” Sungjong said with determination.

Sungyeol and Woohyun exchanged glances. When Sungyeol nodded, Woohyun winched at the pain he could feel to come. This was going to big times for Nam Woohyun.