||||||||||||||||||||

Acting As His Shadow

Woohyun came out of the bathroom almost clashing into the pretty Sungjong. “O-oh, you startled me.”

“What took you so long?” Sungjong asked, Woohyun’s whose face was distorted due to the fear of what Sungjong may have heard quickly transformed into a wide smile.

“Stomachache.” Woohyun answered then quickly make his way pass Sungjong. If Woohyun was to choose who’s aura scares him the most, it’d be Sungjong’s. Sungjong watched as Woohyun speed walk over to Ryosuke and Sungyeol.

“The man who threw me in prison to save your , Lee Sungjong. And the Japanese man, Yamada Ryosuke. Funny how he called you trustworthy.”

Sungjong knew who Woohyun had been talking to, and he didn’t like it.

Woohyun slipped into his chair and was quickly investigated by the two at the table. “What took you so long? I finished five bowls of ramen just waiting for you.” Sungyeol said, putting an amazed smile on Woohyun’s face.

“Wow you’re one tough guy. I can’t even eat two bowls.” Woohyun said, but his tone of sarcasm caused Sungyeol not to believe in any compliments Woohyun tried to throw at him.

“If you’re not feeling well then tell me. I’ll cook you something good for the body.” Ryosuke said.

Woohyun nodded but Sungyeol shook his fork in front of the Japanese. “How are you going to cook? Think before you speak.”

“You should do the same, halfling.” Ryosuke retorted.

“Alright, that’s enough, I have good news for everyone.” Woohyun said. Sungyeol and Ryosuke quickly ended their pickering and look to Woohyun for explanation. “I’ve found us a place to stay.”

“Really?!” A smile flew on Sungyeol’s face, “You’re serious?!”

“Where is it?” Ryosuke snuck the question in.

“Nam Woohyun.” Sungjong said, earning all eyes and ears. “The place you’re talking about, you can forget about it.”

Sungyeol’s smile faded in a speed of light. “Why Sungjong? Do you know what he’s talking about?”

“Myungsoo’s studio. Is off limits.” Sungjong stated, making himself loud and clear. “And if any one of you decides to bring it up in the future, I’ll send you all back to Japan and work alone.” Sungjong concluded. Ryosuke look at Woohyun who had kept a normal face as well.

“You thought of his studio?”

Woohyun didn’t pay Ryosuke any eye and instead looked directly at Sungjong’s. “I don’t know the extent or full details about yours and Myungsoo’s relationship. But I do know that I spoke to Myungsoo and he’s willing to meet in person to discuss the details. However, I’m now quite curious. Is it you, Lee Sungjong, who likes Kim Myungsoo? Or is it him who likes you?”

“Why would you ask that?” Sungyeol cut in.

“Because he specifically wants to meet only Sungjong to discuss the living conditions.” Woohyun said frankly.


Suzy picked up the note that was left by Myungsoo on the seat.

Suzy, something came up and I have to go back to South Korea. Enjoy the last three days of your vacation, I’ll see you at home.

  • Love Myungsoo

Suzy sighed and reached for her phone in her bag that was sitting on the ground. Before she could make the call, one of her friend climb aboard. “Come on Suzy we’re going to start the next round!”

“Oh, coming.” She said before putting her bag back in place and followed the woman out.


“So which is it Lee Sungjong? Or is there even love involve? Or were you and Myungsoo closed friends from some time ago?” Woohyun asked. Ryosuke who could feel Sungjong’s discomfort poke Woohyun.

“Why are you acting like this?”

Woohyun scoffed, “Why? Aren’t you curious as well? You said you were a client of Kim Myungsoo’s and that you and Sungjong are best friends. So aren’t you curious about your best friend’s love life?”

“That’s not any of my business—”

“If you make it your business then it will be your business. Unless you choose not to.” Woohyun cut the Japanese man off. “Even if it means hurting the other person.” Woohyun glanced from Ryosuke to Sungjong. “Right, Lee Sungjong?”

“Why are you trying so hard just to learn about mine and Kim Myungsoo’s relationship?” Sungjong asked with flattening eyes. Woohyun shrugged.

“I’m still deciding. How am I going to get to my wife who I know nothing about as of now, or whether she’s dead or alive. Why didn’t she visit me once when I was in prison. So I’m still deciding how I’m going to use the pawns I have, in order to get to the queen on the other side, in other words Suzy.”

“Well aren’t you rude calling us pawns.” Sungyeol commented.

“Life is a game, Lee Sungyeol. One day you will see others as your chess pieces too, trust me.” Woohyun said.

“So, what are the details to this discussion you made with Kim Myungsoo?” Sungjong asked, jumping to the point. Woohyun look over with a smug.

“Tomorrow night, at his studio. Kim Myungsoo would be there. He said he wanted to see you alone, so if you go alone he may think about the deal of the studio. However, he also said one more thing.”

“And what’s that?” Sungjong asked.

“Something about, a pair of black mittens?”

Ryosuke’s eyes widen intensively. “B-black mittens?”

“Yeah. All he said was that to let you know and prepare yourself for something related to the black mittens? He didn’t go into details.” Woohyun filled them in.

“What are black mittens?” Sungyeol questioned. Once again the lad was left out of some deep past that only the other three knew about. When everyone kept silent Sungyeol groaned. “We’re such a dramatic group.”


The group of four has made an alleyway their sleeping place again. Thankfully it hasn’t rained once ever since their visit to South Korea. Otherwise they’d be push to subways and other places with rooftops. Sungjong knew he had to prepare himself to see Myungsoo in person again, but he never thought it would come in just some days’ time after his arrival. Plus, he has more things to worry about that involve his duty, but he was being dragged more and more into the world where he once knew Myungsoo.

“Can’t sleep?” He heard a soft voice beside him and knew it was Ryosuke.

Sungjong repositioned himself to appear stronger, manlier, and tougher. He didn’t want to show Ryosuke that the thoughts of Myungsoo bothered him. “I’m planning out my days here.”

“Even after meeting Myungsoo, would you just go back to Japan once the three months are over?” Ryosuke asked.

“I’m a yakuza now, Ryosuke. In the future I will be assign even more difficult tasks. I’m only seeing this as a challenging case and where I’m only coming across people I used to know with it. Otherwise, I’d pay more attention to my duty.”

“That’s not what I meant Sungjong.” Ryosuke said. “You’re only saying that but I know how well you've become attached to a person you not only like but loved. Being a yakuza won’t stop you from loving Kim Myungsoo, in fact it hasn’t, has it?”

Sungjong brushed off Ryosuke’s question with a relieved sigh. “I’m not sure why I brought you along. It’s already a dangerous task to come here, but here you are, an even bigger threat since you can read me well.”

Ryosuke breathed a flattered smile. “That’s only because you expressed yourself well.”

Sungjong exhaled sharply. “There’s no reason why I would stay in South Korea even after meeting him. I’m destined to spend the rest of my life in Japan, and only Japan.” Ryosuke sat quietly beside Sungjong and soon the two drifted off into deep slumbers. Meanwhile Woohyun and Sungyeol was already in dreamland some time before them.


Myungsoo fifteen hours flight ended on a warm afternoon as he stepped into Seoul. It has been a long time since he was back in Seoul. As he pulled onto his luggage behind him, he headed toward his destination immediately. The home of his and Suzy’s. A house that stood two stories off the ground and was beautiful all around, with the touch of nature such as trees, flower bushes, and healthy grasses.

Inside of his spacious room, Myungsoo toss his luggage onto his bed and head into the bathroom to take a long shower. Soon he got changed into a loose, black shirt, and black jeans. Then he toss on his dark blue suited jacket and head out.

When he came to the door of the studio to see the lock, Myungsoo took out his key and unlock it. Then he opened the door to the room, just to see the swarm of dust attack the entrance. The smell of wood, iron, and old paint were mixed altogether to form the scent he was smelling. But without a care in the world he walked right in. Inside he noticed how everything was in place as how he had left it. The destroyed and ruined equipments that Sungjong had made were also in place.

Even the camera he had planned to use to take Sungjong’s photos back then was still on the ground, only to be blanketed with dusts. Spider webs were visible on all corners of the room. Myungsoo strode over and to his desk where he saw the old photo album. Without giving it even more than a glimpse, Myungsoo walk over to the set and then toward his wall of photos. The wrinkled around each photo was now more visible, compared to three years ago.

It’s strange, but Myungsoo was slightly disappointed that he didn’t have one of Sungjong’s photo up. Especially when the boy gave off a pretty aura.


“When you meet him, just don’t try to yakuza his .” Woohyun said. “Like how you did to that one guy back in Japan.” Woohyun added.

“And be nice to this Myungsoo guy so we’ll finally be able to get a place to stay, okay boss?” Sungyeol included.

“Just be yourself. If you don’t want to have anymore to do with him then end everything tonight. We won’t blame you.” Ryosuke said, earning looks from Sungyeol and Woohyun.

“Why does it sound like you guys are giving me dating advice? I’ve probably slept with more people than any of you have.” Sungjong said. Making Sungyeol laugh out loud.

“Yeah right! You’re a as can be!” The tallest declared. Sungjong grabbed a hold of Sungyeol’s finger and twisted it, causing the male to scream in his loudest dolphin-like scream.


When night came, Sungjong was making his way toward Myungsoo’s studio. Sungjong cursed himself for knowing the location to Myungsoo’s place so well, or else he would have came up with an excuse such as he forgot where the studio is, or took too long to find Myungsoo’s studio thus the lad have already left. But in the end, Sungjong ended up standing right outside the studio.

He could see that the lock that were once used to keep the door from opening again were gone. Thus Sungjong placed his hand around the doorknob and began turning it a bit. In the end a click was made and Sungjong slowly pulled the door out and toward him, opening it.

Sungjong came to the room to see Myungsoo’s back facing him. The lad was looking at the wall of photos, the wall Sungjong was quite familiar with. Where Hoya’s photo hung alongside many other models. “I’m here, to make the deal with this place.” Sungjong said to earn Myungsoo’s attention. However instead of turning around immediately, Myungsoo kept himself facing the wall.

“Weren’t you always honest, Lee Sungjong?” Myungsoo started, “I was quite disappointed to see you coming in like this.”

“I said I’m here to make the deal.”

“You lied to me by saying you were still in Japan.” Myungsoo turned around. “But you're in Korea?”

The two exchanged glances for a moment before Sungjong took a step closer to Myungsoo. “Are you going to make the deal, or not?”

“Deal or whatever, it can come after. I have a lot of other things to discuss and ask of you first.” Myungsoo said.

Sungjong knew it wasn’t going to go in his favor but he didn’t expect the start to be so rough. “What is it?”

“Can I take a picture of you first?”

 


A/N: What do you think of the story so far? I know it's confusing but as Sungjong says, "BEAR WITH ME" xD And everything will become clearer soon, hopefully.....