Ch. 2 - Becoming part of the Starlight Pack

Wolf Pack Politics (Revised and Edited)

With the STARLIGHT pack...

 

Once STARLIGHT pack had arrived back to their caves they all sat down around the fire and began to properly introduce themselves and to explain the dynamics of the pack and how Geunsuk runs the pack.

“So Sooyoung, I am happy to welcome you into this pack. This is your new home. If you have any questions then feel free to ask me” the alpha said with a smile. Sooyoung nodded and smiled back. “Now we will all introduce ourselves properly for you and then I will explain a little about how our pack works” Sooyoung nodded and then Geunsuk gestured for the short man with heart-shaped lips that was sat next to him to start.

 

“Hello, I’m Sungmin, the alphas mate” he said politely. Next was one of the men that had flanked Geunsuk back on the ROYAL territory. He had very intense expression on his face all the time.  He was stood next to a man with an athletic build.

 

“I’m Cream, the beta. This is my mate Hoon” The beta said before sitting back down and pulling Hoon in close. Hoon waved and gave a little smile before snuggling into his mate.

 

“Hi, I’m Fie, nice to meet you my lady” said a black haired man with a deep voice. He was obviously trying to be charming because he kissed the back of Sooyoung’s hand before sitting back down. Most of the pack members sighed, they must be used to him being like this.

 

“Hello, I’m Luhan” said another boy, who was short and feminine looking, while shaking Sooyoung’s hand. “Nice to meet you. This is my mate U-Kwon” he said gesturing to the other who in turn smiled. U-Kwon had a welcoming grin and eyes like a cat.

 

The last pack member had a low, gravelly voice. He looked a little nervous as he slowly got up and walked over to bow to Sooyoung. She smiled to try and make him feel more at ease.

“I’m Mino. I hope you enjoy it here” the boy said before moving back to his seat.

“Nice to meet you everyone. I’m Sooyoung and I am looking forward to becoming one of your pack members” the girl said bowing to the rest of the pack and receiving nods and smiles from them.

 

“So now that we all know each other, let’s get down to pack dynamics” Geunsuk said in his leader-like manner. “Our pack consists of 5 dominants and 4 carriers including you. 3 of each are already mated. We have 7 caves. Each of the mated pairs has one, You, Fie and Mino have one each and there is an empty cave which is used as an infirmary for Sungmin to treat a pack member that gets ill, injured or is in pup. We all chip in and do whatever needs to be done and we always work as a team. Now I have a couple of questions for you. But first do you have any questions?” Then Sooyoung shook her head.

 

“How old are you? Have you ever been in heat before? Have you ever been mated before?” Geunsuk said, Sooyoung had noticed that he likes to get straight to the point.

 

“I have just turned 21 so this will be my first year to go into heat. No, I have never been mated before. Dad wouldn’t let anyone mate us because he knew that we were moving to other packs” Sooyoung answered honestly and Geunsuk, Cream and a few other members sighed in relief.

 

“Good good. If you had been mated it would have been a nightmare to break the bond and get you mated up again” Geunsuk explained.

 

“I will give you a quick tour, show you where your cave is and help you to settle in, okay?” Sungmin said as he walked over and linked arms with her. She nodded in reply thinking ‘I like it here’.