Ch. 24 - ROYAL ... Just hear me out!

Wolf Pack Politics (Revised and Edited)

With the ROYAL pack...

 

“Yugyeom?! Are you okay?”  Joonyoung shouted to his pack member as the younger walked out of the wood towards the commotion.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine. See, I even kicked him out here instead of fighting him myself. I should get a gold star or something” the younger replied to his alpha. The last bit wasn’t really directed towards Joonyoung but towards the other dominants that didn’t like him hunting anymore.

 

“Good. What happened?” The alpha continued ignoring the younger’s previous rant.

 

“I entered the woods, shifted and he was just there hiding. I went to howl for you lot but the wolf tried to close my muzzle and pin me down so I used his own weight against him and flung out here for you guys to deal with him” Yugyeom answered. Joonyoung nodded and then went over to where Cream and Taewoon had the blue/grey wolf pinned down.

 

‘Crap. I need them to listen to me and hear me out. They can’t just attack me they need to give me a chance to speak’ he thought. The blonde wolf was getting his growling muzzle full of teeth way to close to his face for his liking and the black wolf was putting an unnecessary amount of pressure on his neck too. ‘I need to do something drastic’ he thought something that would shock them and stun them for a moment so he could explain himself. This seemed more necessary as a scary looking man began to walk towards them. He looked important which meant that it was him who he had to get to listen to him. He had to act now. It was now or never, this would either get him killed or give him the chance he needs.

 

The blue/grey wolf did something that made Taewoon jump back from it and made Cream immediately stop snarling and pull his head as far back as he could. They were both stunned and confused. They couldn’t quite believe what had happened, it even made Joonyoung’s eyes widen for a second too. The blue/grey wolf had shifted into his human form.

 

“Please just hear me out! I shifted to show you that I mean you no harm. Honestly I came to talk to you, that is it” the man tried. Now a crowd had gathered a big crowd. This situation was just getting worse and worse. Joonyoung observed the body language and voice tone of the man and it seemed that he was being sincere and was a little scared. Cream regained clarity and began to growl again.

 

“Cream, Taewoon, move back” Joonyoung said as he moved toward the man. The two betas didn’t seem impressed with the command but did as they were told. “Stay here” he said to the man who nodded. “Everyone, watch him if he makes a move get him but I don’t think he will. I’m going to get the other alphas” Joonyoung left and returned minutes later with the other alphas.

 

“If you aren’t an alpha or beta, you are dismissed. Go to the caves and do what you wish. If you are required we will sound the alarm call” The other dominants did as they were told by the head alpha.

 

“So what is it that you wish to say?” Chansung asked the man, you know him, straight to the point as always.

 

“I want to join you. I have left my pack because they are vile people. I can’t bare to be with them anymore” the man said. On closer inspection of the man it was obvious to see that he had been through a rough time of it. His body was covered from head to toe in scars, cuts, grazes and bruises. He was obviously beaten on a regular basis. “I was once the alpha but I was overthrown by my beta and he turned my pack against me. All I became useful for was fighting practice”

 

“You mean they beat you constantly even though you were the alpha? Why did you get overthrown?” Geunsuk asked.

“My old pack consists solely of dominants. My beta said that we needed carriers or pups” The man said but was interrupted.

“It’s you. You’re the rogue pack that terrorised the STORM pack. You took their cubs. You killed one of their carriers” Suga said with venom. Suddenly everyone else tensed up, ready to fight the man.

 

“What? They did what? I knew they took the cubs. I was going to take you to fetch them. But killing, I promise you that I didn’t know. I wasn’t a part of that. I never thought that they would go as far as to kill” the man said with genuine shock and sadness.

 

“They killed my mate. He’s gone. I believe you though. I will admit that I never saw you at our cave and when the other pack attacked you were never there. I trust you and therefore have no problem with you but I do want you to know that you will be helping me to wipe that scum of a pack of off the earth and you will take us to get back our cubs. You have no choice in this” Dongwoo said to the man on the floor while helping him to his feet. The man nodded.

 

“Of course. I will do all I can. I will tell you everything I know. I’m so truly sorry for what they have done” the man said to the STORM leader who nodded.

 

“I’m Dongwoo, the Alpha of the STORM pack” he said while offering his and to the man.

 

“I’m Seungho, previously of the SHADOW pack” he said and shook Dongwoo’s hand.