Ch. 7 - STARLIGHT's Meeting

Wolf Pack Politics (Revised and Edited)

With the STARLIGHT pack...

 

After spending a month with the STARLIGHT pack Sooyoung had figured a few things out; firstly that Hoon was the pack gossip, secondly that Cream was nowhere near as scary as he wanted everyone to think he was, thirdly she had chosen who she wanted to mate with and lastly she loved it with the STARLIGHT pack.

 

As the spring months were soon to end and summer to start Geunsuk had decided to call a meeting as the last month of spring and the first month of summer bring the time that the carries come in to heat, the mating period. The meeting was to be held the following evening.

 

“I think he is going to tell you who you have to mate with” Hoon said to Sooyoung. Hoon, Luhan, U-Kwon and Sooyoung were by the lake relaxing.

“Don’t be silly, he will let me choose” Sooyoung replied and Hoon gave her an ‘I don’t think so’ look while rolling his eyes.

“I’m not so sure. I heard Cream talking about how you and Fie are more compatible because of your coat colours” Hoon retorted. This made Sooyoung start to worry a little, she wanted the freedom to choose as she knows that she will choose for love. Luhan saw the worry cross her face and decided to comfort the girl.

“I’m sure you can choose yourself. Geunsuk wouldn’t force you into anything, I’m sure of it” Luhan said to reassure her and U-Kwon nodded in agreement. Luhan had become Sooyoung’s closest friend out of the carriers and so she listens to and respects what he had to say.

“Thanks Luhan” Sooyoung answered with a small smile which the elder carrier returned. She tried as hard as she could but she couldn’t manage to hide the doubt in her expression. Hoon noticed how much this conversation seemed to bother her.

“Why is this so important to you, Sooyoung? You’ve already chosen which one you want to mate with haven’t you?” Hoon asked and everyone besides Luhan gasped. He already knew that she had chosen already and he even knew which dominant it was but he wasn’t bothered. As long as they were happy, that was all he cared about.

“N-no” Sooyoung stuttered “I-it’s just not fair to force someone into mating with someone they don’t know well or that they don’t want to mate with”

“Really? Are you sure?” Hoon pressed just waiting for Sooyoung to admit what everyone already knew.

“Yes, it really just isn’t fair” Sooyoung said, this time with more control as by now she had managed to calm herself, that was until a certain someone showed up.

 

“What isn’t fair?” Mino asked as he set himself down on the grass between Sooyoung and Hoon. Sooyoung’s cheeks immediately flushed and all the others had sneaky smiles on their faces.

“Well, Sooyoung doesn’t think its fair that she can’t choose ...” Hoon began but Luhan came to his best friends rescue just in time by cutting the younger boy off mid-sentence.

“Sooyoung doesn’t think its fair that we have to go now” Luhan said gesturing to everyone other than Sooyoung and Mino. “She said that she wished she could choose when we leave so that we don’t have to go yet”

“Ohh” said Mino with a nod.

“But ...” Hoon tried before U-Kwon cut him off as he understood what his mate was trying to do.

“I know you don’t want to go but we have to go do that stuff we need to do” U-Kwon said while him and Luhan ushered the others away, leaving Sooyoung and Mino alone by the lake.

 

“So what was really going on?” Mino asked when he knew that the others were out of hearing range. This didn’t surprise Sooyoung as she had come to realise how clever and caring her dominant best friend was. He knew about everything that went on within the pack and was always the first to notice and pick up on things. You couldn’t hide anything from him. “Come on, just tell me” he added when it looked as if she wouldn’t say anything.

“Fine. Well ...” She said with a pause but had to continue when he gestured for her to carry on. “Hoon said that I won’t get to choose who I mate with” Mino let out an ‘oh’ in understanding.

“Of course you can choose. Geunsuk wouldn’t force you into anything. Hoon is just gossiping like he usually does. Besides I have already spoken to the other members about it” Mino told her. She let out a sigh of relief and then raised her eyebrows when she had noticed that he had said he had spoken about it.

“What did you speak with them about?” She asked curiously while scooting closer to the elder male who chuckled at her actions.

“I asked Fie, Cream and Geunsuk if I could have you as my mate and they all agreed. Fie says he loves you like a sister so he has no problem and the alpha and beta just want us to be happy” These words from Mino left Sooyoung at a loss for words. She liked him, loved him even and she had already chosen him to be her mate if he would have her. She never thought that he though anymore of her than as his best friend. Tears of happiness began to escape from her eyes.

“Oh, you silly, come here” Mino said pulling her in close to him and pulling her onto his lap. He started to wipe away her tears with his thumbs. “I love you, Sooyoung. I want you to be my mate, if you’ll take me that is” Sooyoung nodded furiously and hugged the man.

“Of course. I love you too Mino. I had already chosen you” she said before kissing him.

 

The next day the meeting was cancel due to it no longer being necessary as Mino had already confessed.