Ch. 8 - MOON's Unnofficial Mating

Wolf Pack Politics (Revised and Edited)

With the MOON pack...

 

It was the second week of summer and Ailee was starting to worry. There was only two weeks left of the mating period, the last month of spring and first month of summer, left and she still hadn’t gone into heat. This was the year she had turned 21 and so she was of age and she wasn’t ill in any way so there was no reason for her not to go into heat. The other carriers had either finished or had at least started their heat.

 

She was worried if something was wrong with her. What if she was infertile? Would Alex reject her? Would the pack send her back? She really wanted to mate too. Ever since her first night with the MOON pack Alex had stuck to her like glue. He had decided from the moment he set eyes on her that she had to be his mate. He thought that she was the most beautiful person that he had ever seen, even her wolf form left him speechless. Thankfully for Alex, Yugyeom was willing for him to have her and she liked him back. Alex and Ailee had hit it off big time and were now pretty much inseparable. Both having come of age this year, they were ready and willing to become a mated pair.

 

Both wanted so badly to become a mated pair. They had even ‘practiced’ for when Ailee came into heat, so they had mated just not officially. Ailee was still sat worrying when Alex found her in their cave after coming back from hunting with the other dominants. Alex was worried about her, he knew that she was worrying and putting too much pressure on herself over the not going into heat thing. He loved her and he didn’t care if she turned out to be infertile. There was always the chance that she was just a late maturer and would go into heat next year. There was even still the chance that she could go into heat in the remaining two weeks of the mating period this year. Only two things upset him a little: firstly that he and Ailee would never become officially mated if she didn’t come into heat and that they could never have cubs if she was infertile. In the end though, as long as he had Ailee, he could forget about those two things. ‘It’s not like we don’t unofficially mate all the time anyway’ he thought.

 

“Ailee, you’re going to make yourself ill with all of this worrying” the tall boy said as he pulled Ailee in close to his chest. “I love you for being you, okay. I want you just how you are. Whatever happens will just happen”

“But what if we can’t become mates and I know that you want cubs. What if I can’t give you cubs? What if Joonyoung sends me back to ROYAL because I’m a dud?” Ailee sobs into his chest. He rubs her back to sooth her.

“In my eyes you are my mate. I love you no matter what. The rest of the pack already sees us as mates too. As long as I have you I can live without cubs. If having cubs means that I couldn’t have you then it isn’t worth it. Joonyoung would never send you away, you’re part of our pack now, and you’re my mate. You are one of us and this is where you belong” Alex explained to Ailee who had finally calmed down enough to stop crying.

 

When she was totally calmed down and ready, when her eyes were no longer red and puffy, they got up to go and eat. Alex got up first and offered his hand to Ailee. She took it but suddenly felt dizzy while being pulled up. Her head began to spin and she out. The last thing she remembers is Alex shouting her name while his strong arms wrapped around her.