Ch. 21 - ROYAL ... Alpha Appears

Wolf Pack Politics (Revised and Edited)

With the ROYAL pack...

 

It had been another week and the wolves of ROYAL began to relax a little as they all thought that if the rogue pack would attack then they would have done it by now. They still kept a constant guard but it was just a much more relaxed atmosphere than it had been previously.

 

The STORM members were still on edge though as their alpha and his mate still hadn’t returned. They were worried that something had happened to them. The four STORM members where talking about exactly that when they heard a sudden commotion above ground. Woobin and Insoo went to investigate.

 

“Someone fetch Donghae. Now” T.O.P shouted while hovering over a wolf that was laid limp on the floor. Ravi and Chanyeol were close by panting heavily as they had carried the unconscious wolf back to ROYAL. ‘They must have found him on their hunt’ Insoo thought to himself. T.O.P moved to the side slightly, just for a second, but that was more than enough time for Woobin and Insoo to begin to rush over as they recognise the wolf. It was Dongwoo, their alpha.

 

“Dongwoo! What happened? Where’s Key?” Insoo shouted but it was pointless as his leader was out cold. He realised this and turned to his beta “Oh my god. What do we do?” he asked Woobin.

“Firstly you need to calm down, okay. He can’t tell us anything while he’s in this state. Now you go and tell Jinwoo and Hojoon what’s happened. I’m going to go talk to the two that found him” Woobin told his pack mate calmly. Insoo took a long look at his unconscious alpha and then nodded to Woobin before going back to the birthing cave.

 

“Thank you for bringing our alpha back here” Woobin told Chanyeol and Ravi who had finally regained their breath. “Could you tell me what happened?”

“We just found him collapsed in the middle of the wood, there was blood everywhere” Ravi said quietly, obviously not liking to remember the sight he had seen.

“Was there anyone else with him?” Woobin asked with a lump in his throat. He wanted the answer to be no.

“Ermm. Yes, well bits of him. That rouge pack must have attacked again. But what they did ... They need to die. It was horrific” Chanyeol said suddenly pale and looking sick. He was remembering the parts of a dismembered body strewn across the floor and even in trees. They didn’t even kill the wolf and leave the body be. They moved it and put it in different places, clearly playing mind games. Chanyeol wished he could erase the sight from his mind but however hard he tried the image was still there.

“B-bits? Wh-what do you mean?” Woobin asked in shock. He knew full well what the younger wolf meant but he didn’t want to remember it.

“They ... the poor wolf, they literally ripped him to pieces” Ravi said while trying not to bring up the contents of his stomach at the thought of what he saw. “Your alpha, I don’t know how he managed to live. He doesn’t seem to be injured but he was unconscious when we found him”

“The other wolf, was it sandy brown?” Woobin asked. He knew the answer would be yes. He just felt numb now. He had lost a pack member, a friend. His mate had lost one of his best friends. Three pups had lost their mother. The alpha had lost his mate. He couldn’t imagine the pain he would feel if something happened to Hojoon. No wonder the alpha was unconscious. In fact he was glad that for the moment the alpha was out cold, it was some time that the poor man didn’t have to think about how his heart had been ripped in half. One thing the two younger wolfs had said was very true though. What that other pack had done was horrific and they did need to die.

“Yes. It was. You know him don’t you? It was your alphas mate wasn’t it?” Chanyeol asked shocked. Woobin nodded.

“His name was Key. He was the alphas mate. Those three extra pups we brought with us were his” Woobin said sadly.

“Oh my. I am so sorry.” Chanyeol said sincerely.

“If only we got their earlier, we might have been able to help, to save him.” Ravi said feeling terrible.

“Thank you. Honestly you managed to bring the alpha back to us. It is in no way your fault or problem. We are thankful that you managed to get one member back. Thank you” Woobin said before bowing and walking towards the birthing den to tell the rest of his pack the news.

 

That night everyone fell asleep to the sounds of the STORM members crying over the loss of their pack mate.