Ch. 22 - ROYAL ... Would you keep my pups?

Wolf Pack Politics (Revised and Edited)

With the ROYAL pack...

 

The atmosphere at ROYAL was quiet, very quiet. Everyone now knew what the rogue pack was capable of and how brutal they were. They all felt the pain for their new friends having lost a pack member and their alpha having lost his mate. Losing a mate was like being ripped in half. The pain and sorrow was immense, there was no wonder that the poor alpha had fainted. There were also the three little cubs that would have to live without their umma.

 

When the alpha woke up from his unconscious state he cried for a long time before pulling himself together and talking to his pack. He explained to them what had happened. That he had been out hunting and when he came back he found his mate dead and in pieces. When he got back the other pack was gone. End of story he told them. He was going to move on and concentrate on his pups. He also vowed that the rogue pack wouldn’t last if he ever came in contact with them again.

 

“Wow, you have gotten so big boys. I’ve only been away for a few weeks and look at the size of you. I have missed you very much. It’s just me now boys, Umma loves you very much but he can’t be here anymore so I will give you all my love to compensate” Dongwoo said to his cubs. As soon as Donghae told him he could leave the medical cave he got directions to find his cubs. He needed to see them and to make sure they were safe. After what had happened to him being told wasn’t good enough anymore he had to see them himself. As Bambam had his back to the entrance and was completely focused on watching the cubs the alphas sudden entrance and speech startled him a little. His immediate reaction was to pull the cubs in close to him and protectively put an arm around them.

“I see you have been well looked after boys” Dongwoo chuckled as he sat himself down opposite Bambam. Bambam then realised who this other person was and released the pups so their father could get to them.

“Oh, I’m so sorry. You startled me and that was just my natural instinct. Sorry” Bambam said quickly feeling embarrassed. Dongwoo laughed again.

“It’s perfectly fine honestly. I’m glad that you are so attentive with them. I hope they weren’t too much trouble for you, I mean three is kind of a handful. I have no idea how Woobin and Hojoon handle four” Dongwoo said.

“They’ve been perfect honestly. I haven’t had any problems with them at all, not one. Dooseung is still a bit small but that’s because his brothers wouldn’t let him le for very long. I fixed that though I made Hyunjoon and Jongseung let their brother share and now Dooseung is gaining the weight back” Bambam admitted. He loved looking after the pups and was always sad at the thought of having to give them back but he knew that he would.

“Wow. You’ve done such a good job with them. We were starting to worry about Dooseung being so small to be honest” Dongwoo was undoubtedly impressed with the way Bambam had cared for someone else’s pups. “I will let you get back to your own cubs and mate now. Thank you for doing such a good job. I was wondering if you could suggest an unmated carrier to take the pups on until they are ready to go onto solid food”

“Thanks. I was wondering if I could stay with them until they are weaned actually?” Bambam asked. He was glad that Dongwoo thought he had done a good job and he really didn’t want to have to give the cubs up. They had been through enough already. He didn’t want them to have to go to a third carrier as well.

“Won’t your mate and cubs be needing you though?” Dongwoo asked. Surely such a good carrier had cubs of their own judging by the way he treated these cubs that weren’t even his and he was too handsome to not have a mate.

“I don’t have any cubs” Bambam said suddenly looking a little sad. “And there was someone I was supposed to mate with but he turned out to be a carrier too. What are the odds? We were all set to mate and got to the mating season but then he came into heat too. We were both very shocked. He and I are the only unmated carriers here”

“Oh, that is a shock. I’ve never heard of that happening before. It’s a shame because you make such as good umma. Would you keep my pups?” Dongwoo asked. Bambam’s eyes lit up and then tears began to fall from his eyes. He leant over the cubs to hug Dongwoo.

“Oh, thank you. I really didn’t want to give them up. I won’t let you down, I promise” Bambam said but then realised that he was being extremely inappropriate. This man had just lost his mate and now Bambam was hugging him and crying on his shirt. “Oh sorry, that was very inconsiderate of me. Thank you though” Bambam said straightening back up and wiping his eyes. He couldn’t bare to look at Dongwoo anymore after what he just did.

“It’s okay. What’s done is done. I can’t go back and save him, I wish I could but I can’t. I have to just move on and do what’s best for what I have left and these cubs are all I have left and you are what’s best for them” Dongwoo told the carrier who looked up and nodded.

 

 

Meanwhile outside a wolf was lurking in the undergrowth. He was waiting for there to be fewer dominants out but that seemed to be taken a long time. They were obviously being cautious after the attack on the other pack which was to be expected. He was going to have to reveal himself soon as the wind was going to change. This meant that even if he stayed hidden the other wolves would catch his scent and find him. He just needed a bit longer to figure out how he was going to do this. How he was going to talk to them, how he was going to make them listen.