Ch. 9 - DRAGON's Alpha Trouble

Wolf Pack Politics (Revised and Edited)

With the DRAGON pack...

 

To the entire DRAGON pack it was obvious that Junhyung and CL had chosen each other as mates. They all respected this even though were disappointed they didn’t have the opportunity to mate as she was the only carrier.

 

As soon as the mating period started CL was to stay in a separate cave and only Junhyung was allowed to see her. This may have seemed extreme but Junhyung knew that once CL came into heat the other pack members would find their natural instincts toward her much stronger and uncontrollable as they had never mated or even been near a carrier in heat before. He didn’t want anyone to mate with her accidently due to their instincts overpowering them. The other dominants respected their alphas request and stayed away.

 

A few weeks into the mating period CL wasn’t yet in heat. Junhyung had questions about CL from the others constantly such as ‘how is she doing?’ This made him feel guilty, firstly for not allowing CL and the others to see each other as they were all very close and secondly for not trusting the others to control themselves around his soon-to-be mate. The same week Junhyung decided to allow Gohn, the pack member that was closest to CL besides himself, to take her food to her.

 

 CL was in the cave waiting for Junhyung to deliver her meal. She enjoyed getting to spend this time with him but did miss the rest of the pack. That morning she had woke up feeling hot, with an uncomfortable feeling in her lower abdomen and a strange longing for Junhyung. She quickly realised that she was in heat and ready to become the alphas official mate. Suddenly there was a knock at the cave entrance.

 

“CL, it’s me. Junhyung let me bring your food for you today” said a happy sounding Gohn. CL was excited to see her best friend but knew that letting the youngest pack member in was too much of a risk.

“Thanks just leave it there, Gohn. I need you to go fetch Junhyung for me and then you can come and see me later on” CL said but it was too late. Gohn had already entered the cave and then her scent hit him and his instincts began to kick in. He dropped the food on the floor and stood still, his eyes focused on CL. He looked like he was hypnotised.

“You’re in heat aren’t you CL?” Gohn asked, not really wanting or needing an answer.

“Gohn, you need to leave now and go and fetch Junhyung, okay?” CL said as calmly as she could manage.

“I don’t know if I can, you just smell so good” the younger boy answered while taking a step forward. A step closer to CL.

 

At the same time Junhyung's head shot up. He suddenly had a bad feeling, like a knot twisting up in his stomach. Something was wrong and he was sure it involved CL. He ran toward the cave she was staying in quicker than he had ever ran before.