Ch. 13 - Separating the Newbies

Wolf Pack Politics (Revised and Edited)

With the ROYAL pack...

 

“Okay, any dominants wanting to take one of the new comers as a mate please come to me. Everyone else please move back and sit down so we can continue” T.O.P ordered politely.

Soohyuk, Fie, Yugyeom, Taewoon, Gohn, Jonghyun and Jooyoung all huddled around the head alpha.

 

“Right, now as the OPAL wolves are being so kind as to split up their pack to become your mates, we thought it only fair that they get to pick which dominant they want to mate with” T.O.P explained. None of the dominants complained as they were all feeling incredibly lucky that they got the chance to have a mate at all, something they all thought could never be possible. “I will now hand you over to Ken and he will talk you through the pairing process”

“What will happen is that you are all going to spend a few minutes with each of us” Ken said gesturing to himself and the rest of his pack. “After we have all spent our time with each other our pack will have ten minutes to deliberate between ourselves and then we will come back here. Then, one by one, the OPAL members will choose one of you as our mate and that will be it” Everyone nodded to show that they understood and then splintered off in pairs to begin the process.

 

A while later, when the carriers were deliberating, the dominants were sat thinking about who would choose them; Ken the strong leader, D.O the most handsome, Ilhoon the sweet one, Zelo the funny boy, Sung Joon the strong and masculine type, Bambam the youngest with a cute face and a cheeky personality or Sungyeol the handsome and kind type.

 

The first to choose was the alpha, Ken, the oldest in OPAL.

“I choose to join the DRAGON pack and have Jonghyun as my mate” short, sweet and to the point, just like he always was. He then went to sit beside Jonghyun who smiled at him, happy with his new mate.

 

“I choose Soohyuk as my mate because he is handsome, kind and polite” This was Ilhoon’s choice.

“I think that you’re very handsome too” Soohyuk said as his new mate sat down beside him.

 

“I want Taewoon because he’s handsome and manly” Sungyeol announced before plonking himself down on the knee of his new mate who just smiled at the boy in awe.

 

“He is very handsome and made me laugh when we were talking earlier. He even sang and his voice was beautiful. Fie, you are my choice and I want you to be my mate” D.O admitted before being pulled into his new mates embrace.

 

Even though it didn’t matter, Gohn had chosen which of the seven he wanted as his mate. Now there were only three left and his choice still had to choose. If he was destined to have one of the other two as his mate he would deal with it but would always wonder about what could have been. Sung Jonghyun stood up ready to announce his choice. Gohn couldn’t take it anymore and squeezed his eyes shut and covered his ears with this hands. He didn’t want to hear anymore incase it wasn’t what he wanted to hear.

 

“I have chosen a sweet boy who made me laugh” Sung Joon said and then looked down toward his choice and chuckled. The boy he chose was sat with his eyes shut and his ears covered. Sung Joon walked over to him and placed a hand on his cheek. This caused the boy to open his eyes and move his hands. “Gohn, I choose you to be my mate” Much to the surprise of Sung Joon the younger boy began to cry and covered the elders hand on his cheek with his own.

 

‘Two left’ Zelo thought as he stood up. ‘I hope I have made the right choice’

When he looked to the boy that he was going to choose and saw him congratulate the other pairings while patiently waiting to be picked he knew that he had made the right choice.

“I chose who I think is kind, humble and friendly. Jooyoung you’re mine” Ravi said walking over to the boy with a huge cheeky grin. Jooyoung looked a little shocked but then a huge smile came across his face too.

 

Bambam stood up and walked straight over to the remaining dominant that was stood up smiling already waiting for him.

“No surprise or suspense from me, I’m afraid. Yugyeom will you take me as your mate?” Bambam asked the young dominant.

“Of course. You would have been my choice anyway” the young boy said, still smiling.

 

The OPAL members gathered to say goodbye to each other. It was a little sad with a few tears but that was to be expected from the group who were going their separate ways after spending so long together.

 

One by one all of the packs left and returned to their territories. The last pack to leave as WATERFALL as Minhyuk, Ravi and Gongchan wanted to say goodbye to the friends that they were having to leave behind.

“We really need to be going now” Chansung said to the remainder of his pack.

“Don’t you rush us Chansung. If it wasn’t for you I wouldn’t have to say good bye in the first place. If you are so bothered go back alone and we will catch up” Minhyuk said bitterly to his mate who just nodded, gulped and then set off on his way home. Lim Kim was shocked to see the usually kind and gentle Minhyuk act this way and raised a questioning eyebrow to him. “Sometimes he needs a kick. He is stubborn and pig-headed sometimes but I love him anyway. Believe me if I didn’t love him I would have left the pack with you” Minhyuk confessed. “Remember, if any of you ever need anything I will always help, okay?” the ex-WATERFALL members nodded and then Minhyuk, Gongchan and Ravi were gone.