Ch. 11 - What SOUL Found on their Hunt

Wolf Pack Politics (Revised and Edited)

With the SOUL pack...

 

Finally the mating period had finished for SOUL as all of the carriers were no longer in heat. All six of the pack members were now officially mated up. Somehow all of the three carriers came into heat at the same time, just for the last two weeks of the mating period. It was a strange coincidence.

 

 The pack was going on a big hunt due to not having time while the carriers were in heat. The carriers never did much on the hunt, they mainly just went along to accompany the dominants and as an extra set of eyes, ears and noses to track prey. They weren’t allowed to do very much at all now that there was a chance that they could be in cub. Although they wouldn’t be able to tell if they were pregnant for a few weeks they were still made to take it careful by the dominants just in case.

 

‘I’m sure that is the scent of another pack. I’m sure’ The beta announces to the pack having picked up an unfamiliar scent ‘I just don’t recognise it. It must be a pack that no one has come across’ It was a farfetched idea but the rest of the pack had to agree as none of them had ever caught this scent before either.

 

A new pack being discovered could result in alot of things, but there would definitely have to be a Forest meeting. T.O.P would want to know about this and the other packs would want to voice their opinions about it too. Just as these thoughts ran through Victoria’s head she caught a glimpse of a grey and white wolf. It was stood with its ears pricked up and eyes alert.  It looked back making a small nodding motion with its head. Next thing to happen was for six other wolves to come up behind the grey and white wolf and stand behind it.

 

Victoria was lying in the undergrowth with Xiumin and Minwoo, their mates were off in the direction that the new wolf pack had come from tracking the scent.

‘Xiumin look over there by the birch tree’ Victoria told the alpha through the pack link. Each pack had a telepathic link between members when they were in wolf form. This was their form of communication as they obviously couldn’t talk as wolves. Only the alpha and beta of a pack could talk with other packs in this way in wolf form. Luckily when in wolf form they can all understand human speech though.

‘Oh my’ Xiumin thought

‘What is it?’ Suga’s thought came from the distance.

‘It’s the unidentified pack. They’re in front of us. There are seven of them’ Minwoo told his mate.

‘Stay put, we are on our way’ Suga replied.

‘No, hold back, I’m going to see f I can talk to them’ Victoria thought.

‘What?! You can’t be serious. What if they attack? You know that you are meant to be taking it easy’ Daehyun ranted mentally.

‘Just hold back and let her go. I trust her and I can’t sense any anger from the other pack, if anything they seem scared’ Xiumin said making his mate shut up.

‘Be careful, okay’ Giriboy told his mate before she switched into human form and quietly and calmly approached the grey and white wolf.

 

“Hello. I mean no harm I promise” Victoria told the unfamiliar wolf pack. The grey and white wolf, which Victoria presumed to be the alpha, stood firm but a few others took a step back and lowered their heads. “We are just curious as to where you came from and who you are, that’s all. No one will hurt you, I promise” The grey and white alpha and the other wolves exchanged glances, obviously having a conversation in their heads. Then the leader shifted into his human form.

“I’m Ken the alpha of this pack that we call OPAL. We come from quite a distance away in the south. We came to find new packs if there were any and obviously there are” he explained.

“Nice to meet you. I’m Victoria of the SOUL pack. May I ask why you came so far to find other packs?” Victoria asked and Ken smiled.

“Well our pack consists of only carriers so we came to find packs with unmated dominants. We know that our pack has no future alone and so we came to join other packs if they will take us” the alpha admitted. ‘How sad’ Victoria thought.

“So you are all willing to separate and move into new packs to find a mate and have cubs?” Victoria asked and Ken nodded. “Well there are six packs in this Forest including us. I know that some of them do have single dominants. Our pack doesn’t though I’m afraid”

 

“Six packs?” Ken said with disbelief. Then the wolf on his left nudged him. “Would you mind if the rest of my pack shifted, they want to join in?”

“No, not at all. Can I call over the other five members of my pack?” Victoria asked and the OPAL alpha nodded to agree.

 

Later they are all sat together making arrangements for the new pack to be introduced to the other pack in a whole Forest meeting.