Ch. 19 - ROYAL ... Mission Evacuation

Wolf Pack Politics (Revised and Edited)

With the ROYAL pack...

 

Geunsuk and Joonyoung were leading their group in the direction that T.O.P had sent them. Both were on a constant look out for any signs of other wolves or caves. They had told the beta Suga to bring up the rear of the pack and watch for signs of movement. The most inexperienced wolves, Mark, Alex, TK and Giriboy, were put in the centre of the group for protection. As the fastest wolf Daehyun was placed at the back, just in front of the beta, and told that if a fight occurs and the group is attacked he must turn back and go straight to ROYAL to warn them. As a very good fighter Kyuhyun was at the front just behind the alphas so he was ready to spring into action if necessary.

 

Eventually they came to a cave that looked very much lived in. Joonyoung ordered for the group to stop and then made his way toward the cave entrance. Before he could get there a black wolf practically flew out of the entrance and pounced on Joonyoung, pinning him down. Two other wolves followed out of the entrance and growled. Joonyoung didn’t fight back he just laid still. He knew that these wolves must be expecting the other pack to attack again.

 

“Calm, we are here to help. We don’t want to fight. I promise” Geunsuk told the wolves. “You saved two of our wolves earlier by sending them home. We came to say thank you and to take you back with us where you will be safe” The black wolf released Joonyoung and the other two stopped growling. Joonyoung moved back to stand next to Geunsuk.

 

“That is extremely kind of you but we can’t leave. We have this year’s pups in the cave that must stay. Thankfully your friends made it back. Are they okay?” the black wolf said.

 

“They are stable and will be okay but it will take them a while to get back to full strength. We know you don’t want to move the cubs. We would never ask such a thing in ordinary circumstances but it is the only way to keep them safe. We can’t risk keeping wolves here to protect you as we have many of our own to protect back at ROYAL” Geunsuk said trying to convince the other pack.

 

“I appreciate it a lot but I don’t think the carriers will be willing to leave. We will stay and protect ourselves” the black alpha wolf said.

 

“Judging by the way he is limping” Joonyoung said while pointing to the brown wolf of the other pack. “The state of the scratch over his eye” this time he pointed to the third grey wolf of their pack. “And the way you are panting after just pinning me down while I wasn’t even struggling” lastly he pointed to the black alpha wolf. “You won’t last long at all. I highly recommend that you go down there and make your carriers bring the pups up so that we can set off before it gets dark. I really don’t want to leave you here when you would be so well looked after and protected with us but we need to be back before dark and before ROYAL gets attacked by the same pack that attacked you. So either get them out that cave so that we can go or don’t and stay here with a minimal chance of living” Joonyoung said. He was brutally honest but he found that was the best way to make things happen.

 

There was a long pause before the other pack went down the cave entrance. After hearing alot of grumbling and growling the limping brown wolf came back up with two cubs in his mouth. He was followed by another smaller brown wolf carrying two more cubs.

“We’re coming. I’m not sure about the others but we definitely are. I am not willing to risk the life of my mate or pups when they could be safe with you” the larger brown wolf said.

 

“Okay. We are going to keep the carriers and pups in the middle of the group so that they are surrounded by dominants” Geunsuk said the two brown wolves nodded but it was hard for them both carrying two wriggling pups. “By any chance would you like two of us to carry a pup of yours each? That way you won’t be slowed down and there is less risk of them being dropped if they get fidgety. Most of us already have cubs so we know what we’re doing” the two brown wolfs looked at each other and nodded. “Mark, Giriboy, can you each carry a cub please?” the two young wolves stepped forward and each took a cub into their mouths. The four carrying cubs then moved to stand behind the alphas and then the other dominants surrounded them for protection.

 

“Do you know if any of the others are coming out because I don’t want to be stood waiting as it is getting dark and cold and we needs to get these cubs back to our caves as quickly as possible” Joonyoung said to the brown wolves.

“Insoo and Jinwoo will be out in a moment. There is no way Jinwoo will stay here and keep his pups in danger. I’m not sure about alpha though, his mate is very strong-willed and he doesn’t want the pups moving. It depends on how persuasive the alpha is” the brown carrier explained. Just as he finished the grey wolf with the scratched eye came out of the cave with a pup in his mouth, followed by a white wolf that was also carrying a pup.

“We’re coming too. The alpha will be up in a minute. I’m not sure if Key is coming though, you know what he’s like. He doesn’t want to leave incase the three little ones find their way back somehow.” said the grey wolf.

“What do you mean three little ones?” Kyuhyun asked them.

“Each of us carriers had a single pup last year too but the other pack took them about two months ago. The dominants went to look for them but couldn’t find the other pack anywhere and then when it got close to us having this year’s pups they didn’t want to leave us. All of us besides Key gave up on the thought of getting the kids back alive and concentrated on keeping these cubs safe but he thinks that they will come back. The other pack attacked us earlier as they wanted the new pups too. Luckily we got the one they had taken back thanks to the two from your pack that helped” the white wolf said with tears in his eyes at thinking about the sad event.

“That’s so sad. I am so sorry. I couldn’t imagine being able to do anything if that had happened to one of my cubs. I’m so sorry” Alex said as a tear ran down his cheek. He couldn’t even imagine how he would react if that happened to him. Just then the black wolf appeared out of the cave trying to juggle three pups in his mouth. TK and Kyuhyun ran over to take a pup each and help the alpha.

“Thanks, three is such a handful” the alpha said.

“Tell me about it, I have three back at ROYAL. You can’t take your eyes of them for a second” Alex commented.

“Yeah. Thanks, you need to get going now before it is too cold and dark” the alpha said.

“Isn’t your mate coming?” Daehyun asked curiously.

“Apparently not. I’m not either. I want you to take these three with you though please. When I can convince my mate to come we will make our way to your lands but for now I need to work on him a bit more. Until then I trust that you will keep my pack and pups safe” The alpha said and passed the remaining pup in his mouth to Suga. He gave a long glance, a nod and then disappeared back down the cave.

 

“Come on then guys, off we go” Joonyoung said and then the group closed ranks and surrounded the wolves that carried pups. They made it back to ROYAL in 40 minutes as they had to make allowances for the people carrying cubs and the injured wolves. Thankfully ROYAL had not been attacked while they were gone.