Ch. 16 - ROYAL ... New Pack Members

Wolf Pack Politics (Revised and Edited)

With the ROYAL pack...

 

Donghae loved having so many people to look after and so many cubs running around. He wished it was always like this, with family and friends always here. He loved mothering everyone and giving advice. His daughters were here with their mates and children, some were even in cub and he just loved it.

 

Both Donghae and T.O.P were happy with how everything had turned out. Even Chansung was getting along with everyone, including his ex pack members, he even apologised to them. It was clear that becoming a father had changed him for the better.

 

Now was whelping season and the huge birthing den had been cleared out and prepared. All of the expectant mothers were now comfortably set up in the den just ready and waiting. Donghae, Himchan, Minhyuk and Xiumin were all staying in the birthing den too, they were there to help as experienced carriers. Any other carriers that weren’t in cub were in the cresh cave looking after all of last year’s cubs. All of the dominants took it in turns to go hunting or either go to the cresh cave to spend time with their cubs or sit outside the birthing den anxiously waiting for their cubs to be born.

 

All of the cubs were born in the same week. Ilhoon was the first to give birth to twins Soohoon and Ilhyuk. Next was Hoon who delivered a son, Chanhyun. Sooyoung made such a racket when she was having Soomin that Mino immediately rushed into the cave to soothe his mate. Usually the dominants aren’t allowed in until their cub is born but Sooyoung begged Donghae for Mino to stay and he can never say no to his daughters. Sungyeol had Taesung next and upon seeing his cub Taewoon cried which surprised everyone as no one had ever seen tears fall from his eyes before. Gongchan and Yibo coincidently gave birth to sons at the exact same time which kept the experienced carriers very busy. Yibo sped through labour and it took only six minutes for Bo to enter the world. Unlucky for Chanyeol he was on a hunt when Chanjun was born so he didn’t see his son for a whole hour after his birth. CL seemed to have a particularly difficult birth which took a very long time and left her exhausted but little Taeho was thankfully born perfectly healthy. It was clear from the moment that U-Kwon came to see his new pups that they had picked their favourite parents. Kwonhan, the blonde cub, stayed nuzzled against his umma Luhan but upon feeling his father’s presence Lukwon, the white cub, wriggled his way over to snuggle up to his appa making U-Kwon and Luhan chuckle at their cubs. Last to be born was Eve, the miracle cub. Little Eve is a female cub that didn’t come from one of the sisters.  Somehow Sung Joon and Gohn had produced a beautiful little girl. The only other male carrier to produce a female cub was Donghae but it ran in his ancestry to produce female cubs. Gohn was so shocked that he had to be told five times before he believed that he had a daughter and not a son.

 

The massive birthing den was big enough for all of the new mothers and their mates to stay in happily without being cramped. The pups would have to remain in the den for about month before they can leave the den. They have to stay until they have made their first shift into a human and back again into a cub and then they can be allowed to move up to outside.