Ch. 23 - ROYAL ... Suspicious

Wolf Pack Politics (Revised and Edited)

With the ROYAL pack...

 

L.Joe had been staring at the same spot in the wood for a very long time. He was sure that something was there but no noise was coming from the area and he couldn’t smell anything unusual. But something about that spot was just niggling at the back of his mind and he didn’t know what.

 

It had been an hour and it was just beginning to get dark now. It was now time for the changeover of the dominants. L.Joe was going to be relieved any minute now. Usually he would be looking forward to going to go and get to see Yibo and his pups but at the moment he still couldn’t keep his eyes of off that little patch of undergrowth in the woods. He knew that he was probably going crazy and that if anything was there it would just be a bird or squirrel or something like that. 

 

Cream made his way over to L.Joe to swap for the next sitting of the guard. He was here to relieve him for tonight.

“L.Joe, you can go now” Cream said as he got closer to the man but ended up being completely ignored. He shook the man’s shoulder. “Yah! L.Joe it’s time to swap over” the sudden shaking and loud tone made the man jump.

“Wh-what? Oh, it was you Cream. Sorry, I’m really not with it tonight” L.Joe said shaking his head as he walked towards the caves.  Cream just shook his head at his friend before settling into his position of watch.

 

Yugyeom was on his way out of the caves. He wanted to go hunt and was on his way to convince someone to let him. The first person he found wouldn’t have been his first person to confront by choice but it would have to do.

“Where are you going Yugyeom?” Soohyuk asked.

“I want to go hunt” Yugyeom answered honestly. Soohyuk looked a little shocked.

“What do you mean you want to hunt? You’re a carrier, carriers don’t hunt” Soohyuk said to the younger.

“Yes, I know but I lived like a dominant until last year because we all thought that I was a dominant, turns out I’m not. I used to hunt constantly and I am actually a very good fighter. You know as much because the alphas let me guard the caves when they went to evacuate STORM. In fact, besides the alphas, a few betas and Jonghyun I am one of the top fighters” Yugyeom said. It made him mad that he couldn’t go hunting or play fight with the others anymore. The only reason he got to stay above ground when they went on the mission is because he begged and nagged at Joonyoung and Chanyeol until they couldn’t bare it anymore and explained to the alphas that he was more useful up top than in the caves. It did take them alot of convincing though.

“But you’re a carrier. You need to be safe in the caves” Soohyuk argued. Joonyoung had heard the voices rising and came over.

“That’s what I’m saying. I will be safe because I am strong and good at fighting” Yugyeom said exasperated while throwing his arms in the air in frustration.

“It’s okay Yugyeom you can go. Just don’t go too far or be out for too long” Joonyoung said before Soohyuk even got chance to open his mouth. Yugyeom nodded and smiled at his alpha and then set off toward the woods. Soohyuk looked at Joonyoung surprised, opened his mouth to say something but then closed it again before bowing and walking away.

 

As soon as Yugyeom got into the trees he shifted into wolf form. At that same instance, when his senses had heightened, he caught the scent of an unknown wolf. He turned in the direction of the scent to see the source. A huge blue/grey wolf looked back at him and looked almost as shocked to see Yugyeom as he was to see the other wolf. Yugyeom was just about to howl to sound the alarm when the other wolf made a jump for him and tried to slam his mouth shut. Luckily for Yugyeom he was a good fighter so he could tell what the wolf was going to do before he did it. As the blue/grey wolf made contact with Yugyeom he immediately swung around and kicked out so that the new wolf was kicked out through the trees and would land in front of the dominants on guard.

 

All he could remember was getting a surprise and shock when he saw a handsome boy shift into a stunning chocolate brown wolf. Then the chocolate brown wolf looked straight at him, it was obvious the he was about to howl for the others. He knew he had to do something quick before the others were alerted. He jumped at the wolf to close his muzzle and shush him so he could explain. it seems that he had very much underestimated the young chocolate brown wolf though as the next thing to happen was for him to be out in the open, on his back with two huge wolves, one blonde and the other black, growling, snarling and pinning him to the floor.