Chapter 2: Don't Get Caught

Behind Those Lovely Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just like any morning, I carefully and quietly prepared for school and the day ahead – making sure I didn’t disturb the only other person in the home still sleeping. My bare feet softly shuffled down the stairs only to stop abruptly when I met my aunt’s bright smiling face beckoning me into the kitchen.

“Good morning, Seon.”

“I thought you were still asleep.” I answered with pleasant surprise. She always and consistently wakes up after I leave for school. “Did something come up?”

“I figure I would get to the flower shop a little earlier this time.” She answered while chewing on her breakfast. “Come over, there’s a portion for you too.”

I walked into the room and slid into the seat at the kitchen table. “Should I prepare dinner today?”

“There’s no need. I’ll be home for that.” She answered kindly. “Hey, Seon.” She called out and I looked up to meet her eyes. “Do you have to work so late?”

“It was the best shift with the best pay.” I answered with a smile on my face. Not noticing the real reason why she was bothered.

“Has he been asking for money?” 

My hand faltered while reaching for my plate of food. My eyes moved up to meet hers once more, composing my smile. “Don’t worry, Auntie Dara.” 

“Why don’t we change your number? He only ever calls you for money.” She tries to offer another solution. 

“He still knows where we live…should we move too?” I joked and she clicked her tongue at the annoyance of the situation.

“Why is he like that?” 

It was meant to be a rhetorical question but I shrugged anyway. The situation wasn’t ideal but I figure it could be a lot worse than how it is now. 

***

Hearing the sudden ruckus, I glanced down the hall from behind my opened locker. Two students were standing a little further down the hallway and my attention wasn’t the only one they caught.

“Well…this isn’t going to end differently.” 

Jinhwan’s sudden appearance beside me made me jump in surprise. “Good morning, Jinhwan.” I chuckled before facing the little altercation once more. The same altercation that happens on a weekly basis even though like Jinhwan said, it always ends the same way.

Junhoe would look for Hanbin and would attempt to exact his revenge on the boy due to Hanbin accidently tripping him once during gym class. To Junhoe, it seemed like Hanbin was out to get him – though many would call that paranoia. 

“Hanbin, don’t you dare walk away from me!” Junhoe shouted before reaching out to grab Hanbin’s shoulder.

Though with Hanbin’s kind of background, he easily twisted Junhoe’s arm just enough for the boy to let him go and not to necessarily hurt him. Junhoe retracts his limb and clutches it in relief when he finds it to still be in one piece.

“Junhoe, leave me alone.” Hanbin huffed tiredly. “Being violent towards people isn’t a good thing.”

“You were just violent with me!” Junhoe argued back tactlessly.

“In defense.” Hanbin corrects him. “It was in defense.” 

It was somewhat humorous – not what you would find to be a big problem since like we have mentioned earlier, this is how all of their meetings end. 

“It’s surprising.” I commented with a chuckle. “Even though Hanbin could fight really well, he doesn’t misuse that ability.” 

“Well, he has said often that his skills are only to be used in the ring.” Jinhwan sighed. “Which is a very good thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter