Chapter 42: The Tension Rises

Behind Those Lovely Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Breathing in deeply, I roll over to my side. A warm hand reaches out and urges me to turn back. A small smile breaks across my face as I slowly open my eyes and Jiwon greets me in the morning.

“It can always be like this.” He says in whispers, sleep still clinging to his voice.

“Like what?” I questioned while closing my eyes once more.

“We can wake up like this every morning.” He clarifies before pulling me flush against his warm chest.

I chuckled as I snuggled deeper into the sheets. “If you’re still here, it means it isn’t even five in the morning yet.” I didn’t bother hiding my drowsiness. 

“It’s almost 5:30.”

I looked up at him with eyes wide. “Jiwon, you’re going to be late.”

“I’ll just run.” He grins and leaves a quick kiss on my head as he jumps out of my bed. 

I also get up to join him, moving around fast to help him get ready for the day. “Go wash your face.” I pushed him towards the door and went back to organizing his belongings for him. 

***

“You know we’re going to go hard this week.” Mr. Kim casually mentions as he arranged the supplies in the shop.

Well, the next fight is at the end of the week so this wasn’t news.

“While we got the flow, we have to keep working diligently.” He continues on as the three boys – Junhoe, Hanbin, and Jiwon listened on quietly. “You all understand?”

“We understand.”

The other members of the training center looked on from behind Mr. Kim. Each sending the three silent cheers along with wide grins and fist pumps in the air. 

“So, how are we going to start?” Mr. Kim said more to himself.

“Mr. Kim.”

One of the fighters in the back raised his hand so the older man would know who spoke.

“Let us spar with Jiwon.”

“All of you?” Hanbin asked in surprise. Mentally, he began counting each member in the group.

“Bobby should be able to handle us.” Another commented with hilarity. Maybe he was a little excited to have the opportunity to go against someone who was making a big splash in the UFC world.

Hearing him, a heavy sigh leaves Jiwon’s lips. “…This is going to be tiring.” He said softly underneath his breath. Junhoe who had heard him, nudged him in the arm as chuckles left his mouth. Realizing that Junhoe was somehow enjoying this, Jiwon shoots him a look. 

Yet, it does nothing but widen the smile on Junhoe’s face.

“So, Jiwon?” Mr. Kim awaits his answer.

“You’re all taking advantage of this situation.” Jiwon grumbles as he tosses his shirt off and slips into the ring hesitantly. 

“Are you complaining, Jiwon?” Junhoe jokes.

“Not at all.” Jiwon responds and stuffs his mouth guard in. 

Maybe just a little. He kind of wished he stayed in Seon’s bed a little longer this morning.

***

“Seon, you may have to come get Jiwon.”

Hearing Junhoe over the phone only encouraged my curiosity. “What for?”

“Well…” His tone shifts to one to show guilt. “Let’s just say he had a tough day.”

I chuckled without knowing the situation. “I’m leaving my shift now.” I untie my apron and stuff it into my bag as I leave through the restaurant’s front door. “I’ll be there soon.” 

The trip there did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter