Wish You Were Here

Friendship or Love?

MY POV

Right after eating, I went out of the restaurant together with Donghae.

“Donghae, I need to go~” I said as I pinch his cheeks.

“Mwo?! Why?!”

“I am going to do my plates!”

“Can’t you just… Do it later?” I just sighed.

“If you arrived earlier, then we could’ve hang out longer, right?” he pouted.

“I said I’m sorry okay~ ayssi. Then can I just come with you?” he asked.

“Mwo?! Why?”

“Because I missed you! It’s been a week since we’ve last seen each other!” he said as he wrapped his arms around me.

“Aigoo. Stop being clingy, Jin Ah is still there you know~” I said as I pointed inside the restaurant. And with that, he immediately remove his arm.

“Come on just go home, okay?” I told him, he just pouted.

“Come on~ Can I go with you?”

“Ayssi. Arrasseo.” I finally agreed, absolutely defeated with the guy's charm. 

“Yes!” he smiled.

 

~

We went in to my house and immediately sat down the couch. I rested my head on Donghae’s lap as my eyes started to feel heavy. 

“I thought you’re going to do your plates?” he asked while brushing my hair like a mom.

“I’m tired…”

“Huh?”

“I wanna take a nap for a while.” I said as I finally close my eyes, with him still brushing my hair.

“I’ll wake you up after 15 minutes.” He said.

I didn’t respond, instead I shifted my body and turned my head to the right. And after few seconds, I opened my eyes to his…wrong side!!

So I turned my body to the left, but then I think I turned too much, making me fall on the ground. >.<

 

“Ow!” I exclaimed.

“Hey, are you okay?!” he asked as he helped me to get up. “Why do you keep on shifting your body anyways?!” he asked.

Well I can’t tell him that when I shifted my body to the right, my face was centimeters from his… bulge. That would be too embarrassing you know. >///< I just felt myself blushing just by thinking of what I just did and thought. >///< 

“I wasn’t comfortable.” I said as an excuse and sat on the sofa beside him.

“Then just sleep in your room.” He suggested.

“I want to… but…”

“But what?”

“I’m too lazy to go up.” I pouted. “Unless…” I looked at him.

“Unless what?!”

“You carry me upstairs.”

“What?! No way!!”

“Please Donghae?!” I pouted.

“No! Come on you’re too old for this!”

“You’re right, I’m too old to go up and down the stairs.” I said, crossing my arms on my chest.

“Ayssi. You’re such a baby.” He scratched his head.

“So you’ll carry me?!” I grinned at him, he nodded a little.

“But this will be the last time, arrasseo?!” I nodded, grinning widely. 

“I love you Donghae!” I said before kissing his cheek. 

 

He then turned his back as I place my arms around his neck while wrapping my legs around his stomach. Once my position was steadied, he quickly stood up but failing in an instant as he landed on the sofa again.

“Ya! You’re too heavy!” he complained.

“Heavy?! Ya do you know how much weight I’ve lost these past few weeks?!”

“Jinjja?!” I nodded.

“So bbali! Let’s go upstairs!” he tried to stand up but failed again.

“Ya Lee Donghae why are you so weak?!”

“Weak?! I’m not weak!” I smirked, but suddenly feeling my body thrown up in the air as he started to walk run to the stairs.

“Don’t run!” I yelled at him.

“Don’t yell on my ear!” he yelled back.

“Sorry~” I apologized as he started walking slowly. 

 

“Donghae-ah,” I called him.

“Yeah?”

“I’m your best friend, right?” I asked him. “I mean besides Eunhyuk.”

“Of course!” he smiled. “Why did you ask?” he asked as I rest my head on his shoulder. 

“Nothing… you’ll never leave me, right?”

“Ya, what’s wrong with you?” he asked.

“It’s just that… Kyuhyun promised me that he’ll never leave me, but he did. As much as I don’t want to ask you about this, because I know that there will come a day that you really need to leave me—“

“I promise I won’t leave you.” he cut me off, stopping from his tracks to look at me. “Even though I got married, you’ll still be my best friend.” He smiled.

“Thanks best friend!” I hugged him.

“No-not the ne-neck!”

“Oops! Sorry~” I giggled and hugged him lighter.

 

We reached my room as he opened the door and dropped me carelessly on the bed.

“Aigoo you’re so heavy!” he complained as he rubbed his back.

 

I just spread my whole body on my bed, not minding Donghae, who’s complaining. He keeps on blabbing about things as if I am hearing my mom scolding me for not taking care of my siblings well. My eyes are starting to feel heavy as he continues to tell things. After a few seconds, I felt a heavy thing that’s squishing me on the bed. And when I opened my eyes…

“Ya Lee Donghae get off me!” I yelled as I push him off me. I heard him laugh so I glared at him. “What was that about?!” I asked him, but he just keeps on laughing. >.<

So I just stand up from the bed and walk away when he finally stopped laughing. 

 

“Where are you going?” he asked as I turned my gaze to glare at him. Aigoo I'm such a great actress. ^o^

“_____-ah, are you mad?” But instead of answering him, I went to the computer table and turned the AVR and CPU on.

“No.” I answered out coldly. But deep inside I wanted to laugh my out! Donghae is just so innocent! :D

 

I was about to sit on the chair when he grabbed my hand, making me face him.

“What?!” I asked, still pretending to be irritated and pissed.

“Sorry~” he pouted, therefore cutting my act as I finally bursted out laughing.  “Ya…” he called out seriously, I just giggled at his ‘lost-puppy face’ and pinched his cheeks.

“Aigoo you’re so cute!”

“What was that about?!”

“Well… you messed with me, so I just messed back with you.” I laughed.

“Ya! I thought I did something…” he paused then carried me to the bed.

“Ya! What are you—“ he dropped me on the bed as he starts to tickle me.

“Dong-Donghae!!” I managed to yell in between my laughs. He keeps on tickling me while I keep on rolling around the bed, trying to ‘protect’ my body from the tickle maniac, Lee Donghae.

 

After a few minutes, he finally stopped then lie down beside me. I was gasping for air because of the too much tickling the tickle maniac did. -.-

“I hate you” I said as he just turned to me, giving me a wide grin.

“Oh, I thought you’re going to take a nap?” he suddenly asked.

“How can I take a nap if you’re there?” I asked him sarcastically.

“Okay I’ll shut up now. Go!” he said,

“I’m not sleepy anymore.” I said as I stood up and sat on the computer chair.

 

“Hey, what are you doing?” he asked.

“I’m going to look for some reference.” I said, not looking at him.

“Reference?”

“For my plate.”

“Oh! Why don’t you just draw me?!!” he asked excitedly, I turned my head to look at him.

“Nah~” and then I turned my head back to the computer screen.

“Ya! What do you mean by that?!” he threw a pillow, hitting my head. 

“Ya!” I yelled back and threw the pillow back to him, but then he caught it. >.<

“What do you mean you can’t draw me?!” he asked,

“As much as I want to, I can’t draw people. It’s really hard, especially the eyes.” I explained.

“Ohh….” Is all that he can say.

And with that, I continued looking for my reference.

 

 

 

DONGHAE’S POV

It’s been 30 minutes and she’s still looking for the reference. Aigoo I’m getting hungry!

“Hey, are you done?” I asked her, she just shook her head. “Maybe you’re doing something else that’s why you can’t finish it!” I nagged.

“No I’m not! Look at what I’m doing!” she said as she points at the screen. Well… she only has one tab. And it’s Google.

“_____-ah,” I called her again.

“What?”

“I’m getting hungry. Do you have any chips or something?”

“I don’t know, just search for something to eat in the kitchen.

“Okay!” I immediately stood up and left her room.

 

 

I went to the kitchen as I open the fridge first. Ayssi. There’s nothing much in here, so I started opening her cabinets just to find plain brown material staring back at me. O_O What the hell is she doing and not going to the grocery to shop for something?!

 

 

 

MY POV

After Donghae left, I felt a little bit sleepy so I opened iTunes and clicked the 'shuffle mode' on the lower left corner before clicking 'play'. Then a familiar song starts playing.. It’s ‘Wish You Were Here’ by Avril Lavigne.

 

‘I can be tough, I can be strong, but with you it’s like that at all…

there’s a girl, that gives a , behind this wall, you just walk through it.’

 

I listened to it as I started to hum with the refrain.

 

‘and I remember all those crazy things you’ve said.

you left them running through my head,

you’re always there, you’re everywhere,

but right now I wish you were here.

All those crazy things we’ve did,

You didn’t think about it

Just went with it

You’re always there, you’re everywhere

But right now I wish you were here. ’

 

I started singing with the chorus.

 

‘damn, damn, damn

What I’d do to have you

 Here, here, here (I wish you were here)

Damn, damn, damn,

What I’d do to have you

Near, near, near, (I wish you were here)

 

I just found myself looking at our pictures. Kyuhyun and I’s pictures.

 

‘I love the way you are

It’s who I am, don’t have to try hard.

We always say, say like it is

And the truth, is that I really miss.

 

‘All those crazy things you’ve said.

you left them running through my head,

you’re always there, you’re everywhere,

but right now I wish you were here.

All those crazy things we’ve did,

You didn’t think about it

Just went with it

You’re always there, you’re everywhere

But right now I wish you were here. ’

 

And now I felt my cheeks getting wet. I guess I’m crying?

My tears fall endlessly as Avril continues to sing the chorus part. I was caressing Kyuhyun’s face on the screen and at the same time mentally scolding him for leaving me. Ayssi. It’s been two years since he left me… but what?! I’m still here, waiting for him… wishing he was here.

 

 

 

DONGHAE’S POV

I was about to give up looking for something to eat when I finally found a chip! Yes!! :D I quickly grabbed it and open it.

When I was about to take one and eat it, I suddenly remembered to check the expiration date. You know, for just for safety. So I looked at it, and it says 12112011. So I guess it’s still on December? So I happily eat it and went upstairs.

 

When I reached _____’s room, I heard a song playing… ‘oh! It was ‘Wish You Were Here’!’ I thought and chuckled to myself. I’ve been listening to Hollywood songs too you know~ I smiled at my brilliance and turned the door knob to go in. I was about to sing aloud with the chorus, but when I entered, I saw _____ crying.

When I looked at the screen, I saw a photo of her and Kyuhyun. I guess she was looking through their pictures? Ayssi. I walked over to her and placed the chips on the desk beside the computer table and kneeled down to be leveled with her. I held her hand as she finally noticed me. I immediately pulled her into a hug, as she wraps her arms around my back. 

 

“Donghae I’m sorry…” she cried. “I know that I’ve promised that I won’t cry over Kyuhyun anymore… But the song…” I just sighed and pressed the spacebar button to pause the song.

“It’s okay.” I said as I gently brushed her hair.

“Donghae I’m so sorry… I just can’t help it.” she cried. And since my legs are getting numb, I stood up, still not pulling from the hug, and helped her to sit on the bed, with me sitting beside her. “Donghae I’m really sorry.” She cried even louder. I  just rubbed her back to comfort her, pulling back a little to wipe her tears using my thumb. 

“_____-ah, I know how it hurts… But….” I paused as she looked at me.

“But what?”

“Don’t you think you’ve waited for him long enough already?”

“Huh? What do you mean?”

“I mean…” I sighed “I don’t know if this is the right time to tell you… But… It’s been two long years _____-ah. Don’t you think you should start opening your heart for the others?” I told her.

 

 

hi!! well 'plates' is the term used for the things that students under the arts are doing. like what i've been doing the past few months. haha! well i hope you get it though. honestly neither of us (my classmates) know why is it called 'plates' though. :) oh, and if you don't know the song 'Wish you were here', here it goes------> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT1-sitWRtY&ob=av2e it's really nice. <3 

thank you so much for the new subscribers! oh and about the poll... well Donghae being single won. :D so yeah, he's going to be single. :) 

please comment and subscribe! :D