It's Game Over, Huh?

Friendship or Love?

MY POV

"I love you." He uttered those words sincerely that made my heart beat faster.

“What did you say?!” I asked, wanting to confirm it. 

“Uhh... I mean... You're my best friend that's why I love you.” he replied, further explaining it as I can feel my heart stopping for a moment, breaking into pieces. 

 

 

KYUHYUN'S POV

“You see, Donghae likes me, that's why I've--

"But I love you!” I cut her off even though I didn't mean to. 

"What did you say?” She asked, obviously surprised with what I said. 

“Uhh... I mean... You're my best friend that's why I love you.” I told her. Ayssi. Cho Kyuhyun you're so stupid! You told her already! Why did you take it back?!

"Ohh... As I was saying..." She paused, taking a breath, "He likes me that's why I'm spending more time with him."

"Do you... Like him?" I asked her carefully, looking directly into her eyes, but then she turned her gaze away from me.

"I'm not sure." she answered as I felt my heart getting stabbed. She's not sure... That means there's a possibility, right? Because she could have said 'no' if she doesn't like him. 

"So... Just spend your time with Yoona, I won't mind. Just go to her!" She continued.

"Okay, since you badly wanted me to be with her... I'll just... spend my time with her." I said before leaving.

 

 

MY POV

I went to my room, slumping on the bed as tears started to fall off my eyes.

Why did I say that? _________ you're so stupid! Do you really want him to be with Yoona?!

I sat up, wiping the tears off my face. Why am I crying anyways? It's not like I'm expecting him to say that he really loves me, and not as a friend, right? 

Tears started to well up on my eyes because of the truth that I'm still denying to myself. Yes, I'm expecting that he meant those three words.

Ayssi. I shouldn't have taken Jong Hoon's words seriously.

 

 

-----After 3 Days---

NO ONE'S POV

It was dance class again, the teacher asked the students to find their last week's partner; so Donghae got very excited. The teacher asked them to do what they did last time. So the guys put their right arm around the ladies' waist while the ladies, on the guys' shoulder. Then looked straightly on the eyes of each other.

 

"All of you practiced, right?" Songsaengnim said as she looked at every student. "Ya __________ sshi, is there some dirt on Kyuhyun-sshi’s shirt?! Why don’t you put your arm on his shoulder?!" She reprimanded her as _________ finally place her arm around his shoulders.

"Better, now look on each others’ eyes." Songsaengnim commanded, __________ look back at her. "Why, is there something wrong?!" Songsaengnim asked.

 

 

MY POV

Okay, just by holding his hand, and by him hugging my waist makes me really nervous uncomfortable. Now she wants me to look into Kyuhyun’s eyes?!

"Are you doing it, or I’ll fail you?!" Songsaengnim said that made me look into his eyes.  "Good. Now, follow me…" She said as she started dancing.

Songsaengnim keeps on teaching different steps, and most of them are intimate steps that makes me really uncomfortable. Nevertheless, I have to follow all of them because who wants to fail a dance class, right?

Everytime Songsaenmin asked us to stare at each other, I could feel my heart leaping with joy! It's a little bit awkward but then there's a part of me that wants us to stay like this for a longer time. 

 

 

~

The bell finally rang as Songsaengnim immediately stopped, saying we should continue the class next week. 

And upon hearing the bell, Kyuhyun immediately pulled himself back, apologizing and going to where Yoona is. 

“I’m sorry.” Why? 

I felt something wet on my cheek when Donghae walked up to me. I immediately tiptoed to hug him so that he won't see my tears. 

“Why?! Did you miss me?” he chuckled as he hugged me back. I can feel Kyuhyun and Yoona looking at us, but then Yoona grabbed Kyuhyun’s hand and as they went out of the room. I just wiped my tears before releasing the hug.

"Are you crying?" he asked as I shake my head. "Stop lying! Is there any problem?" he asked as he wiped my tears.

"I need to tell you something…"

"What?"

"Umm…" I started as he gave me a confused expression. "I’m hungry." I lied.

"What?!" he asked once again.

"I’m hungry." I repeated.

"You’re hungry, that’s why you’re crying?" he asked, I nodded.

"Ayssi." he exclaimed before hugging me from the side. "Arrasseo I’ll treat you~"

"Jeongmal?" I asked him as he nodded with a chuckle.

"Kaja!" he said that made smile.

 

 

-----Saturday-----

KYUHYUN'S POV

I am now in front of Yoona's house and ringing the doorbell. After a while, she finally opened the door as I saw her yawning.

"Annyeong~" I greeted her.

"Kyuhyun?! What are you doing here?" she asked, obviously surprised. Afterall it's just 8 in the morning.

"I asked you out, remember?!"

"But… It was a joke, wasn’t it?"

"Anio! Why would I do that? Bbali get ready, I’ll wait for you."

"Can we just go out later afternoon? I’m still sleepy." she yawned once again, rubbing her eyes.

"Andwae! You take a bath now!"

"Arrasseo!" she yelled, irritated as she closes the door.

"Ya!" I sighed and just sat on the door way.

 

~Meanwhile~

MY POV

It's Saturday but I woke up because of hunger. Battling myself whether to eat or to continue sleeping, my stomach wins once it started grumbIing. I got up, making my way to the kitchen to open the fridge. But when there's nothing to eat, I went back to my room to change into something presentable to go out.

I went to the nearest Ministop and bought noodles, chocolates, drinks, etc. and since I was living across the park, I sat on the swing for a while.

After few minutes, I saw Kyuhyun and Yoona together. Am I seeing it right?! Why are they together on a weekend?! I saw Kyuhyun put his arm around Yoona, smiling, as they walk across the park. I felt a sharp pain that pierced through my heart upon seeing their intimate act.

Wait, why am I even getting hurt likes this? Am I getting jealous of Yoona? 

Yes.

Who am I fooling? It's all my fault anyways. I asked him to stay with her. But who could have thought I will get affected like this? Never in my life that I have thought I could get hurt like this. 

I felt my cheeks getting wet again as tears uncontrollably fell out of my eyes. And wanting to escape from this reality, I stood up and ran as fast as I can. 

I was astonished when I heard a loud honk right beside me and when I looked to my right, there's a car pulling it's window down and shouting at me. 

“Will you watch where you're going?!” he said, furious as I bowed before going directly to my house. My eyes were blurry that I cannot find my keys even though 5 minutes have passed.

“Where the heck is my key?!” I shouted in frustration but when I turned the door knob, and it's open. Maybe because I forgot to lock it.

I went in, dropping my things that I bought on the floor. Before going upstairs and crying my heart out. 

 

 

KYUHYUN'S POV

We were walking when I've decided to wrap my arm around Yoona,. 

"What the heck are you doing?!" she asked, as I just smiled at her.

"Nothing~"

"Are you trying to flirt with me?! Remove it!" 

"Shiro!" I replied, but then she forcibly remove my arm around her, making me pout.

 

 

NO ONE'S POV

Kyuhyun and Yoona have decided to sit on the bench when they heard a loud honk right in front of them. They saw __________ that was almost hit by the car. Yoona then turned her gaze to Kyuhyun, who just sat down as if nothing happened.

"What are you doing?" she asked him.

"Sitting down, why?!" he shot back.

"Didn't you see what just happened?!"

"Yes."

"Then you're just sitting down?!"

"What do you want me to do?! She's fine!!"

"What is happening to you?!" Yoona asked, raising her tone. 

"What?" he asked her back.

"Why are you being like this? I thought you like her?"

"I do... I really do. But... She's happy with Donghae."

"Are they dating?"

"I'm not sure... But Donghae likes her. I asked her if she likes him back, she said she's not sure."

"Ayssi. So you're giving up?!" she asked but he just looked at her. "So you mean... We've been planning your damn crappy confession for nothing?!" she said, more like of scolding him.

He didn't reply, and so Yoona stood up before stomping the ground. "I hate you! I never thought you're a coward! You're smart, handsome, funny, but you're stupid and coward!"

"Stop it!"

"You want me to stop?! Then why don't you just confess to her already?!"

"I can't, okay?! I'm afraid she'll reject me."

"You haven't even tried it!"

"But-"

"There you go again! If you're like that, she will think that Donghae is better and she'll choose him!" she said as she turned her gaze to _________'s house. "Speaking of which..." She said that made Kyuhyun look to where she's looking.

"What is he doing here?" he said.

"Can't you see?! He brought flowers. He's making a damn move!"

 

 

MY POV

I suddenly stopped crying when I heard the doorbell ringing. I got up, checking myself at the mirror and wipping the tears off my face before going down to check who's ringing the doorbell.

"Donghae-ah..." I called him as he smiled at me.

"Hello, this is for you." he said, handing me a bouquet of flowers.

"Ohh... But why?" I smiled. "Thanks though, please come in."

 

"What brings you here?" she asked as she ushered him to sit on the sofa.

"I just... Missed you."

"Shut up." she giggled.

"Anio, I'm serious! And... I wanted to cheer you up."

"Cheer me up? Why?" she asked, raising a brow.

"These past few days... You've been quiet... And not in your right mind."

"Huh?"

"I know something's wrong. You've been crying lately... Aren't you?" he asked, as just stare at him because I don't really know what to reply. "It's okay, you can tell me anything." he gave me a comfortable smile.

"Okay... Do you remember what you told me when we went to Mokpo?"

"Huh?"

"That..." I started, staring at the ground. "You like me."

"Ahh..." he smiled. "What about that?" he asked, as I looked back to him with teary eyes. "I just wanted you to know that... I like someone." I told him, as he forced a smile.

"Oh..." he stared at the ground with tears threatening to fall. "Who?"

"Kyuhyun."

"So it's game over huh?" he tried to smile but immediately failed.

"Donghae-ah..." I called him, placing my hand unto his.

"Sorry, I forgot... I need to do something." he said as he walked backwards, but then hitting my side table. 

"Donghae-ah..." I stood up, wanting to console him. 

"Anio, I'm okay." he tried to smile, though it's obvious that he is hurt. He went out of my house, with me immediately following him behind. 

"Donghae!" I yelled as I hugged him from the back. "I'm sorry. Please... Can we stay as friends?" I asked him, I can hear him crying.

"Why?" he asked as he turned to face me before wiping my tears. "Why it can't be me?" he asked before leaning in to kiss my lips. 

 

 

KYUHYUN'S POV

Yoona and I were about to leave when I saw Donghae went out of __________'s house. She followed him and hugged him from the back. I don't know what are they talking about, but then I saw Donghae kissed her. I can feel my heart was shattering into pieces, my knees suddenly feeling week that I can barely stand.

I just look at them, wanting to pull them off of each other. When will they stop?!

I want to go there and punch Donghae for kissing her. but I can't. It's like I'm stuck on where am I standing, helplessly looking at them make out in front of me.

I felt my body was turned away from them, with Yoona covering my ears before hugging me. I started crying upon feeling this comfort that I am receiving.

I hugged her back, thankful that she's there for me. Because if she wasn't, I don't know what will happen. 

"It's just a kiss. I can also kiss you if I want to.They're not yet married, you still have a chance. So you better get on with it, okay?!" Yoona told me as I hug her tighter.

"Why didn't I love someone like you?" I asked her ,as she pulled back and smiled at me.

"Because you and __________ are meant for each other. God is just testing you, so you better prove yourself to Him and to__________, that you really like her."

"But it hurts."

"Yeah it hurts... I know. But when you're together, all the pain will go away."

"I hope so."

 

 

MY POV

I followed him outside, hugging him from the back to stop him from leaving. 

“Why it can't be me?!” he asked, wiping the tears off my face before leaning in and kissing my lips.

I just stood there, not doing anything because I know he's in pain. And if him kissing me will help him relieve the pain, then it's okay.