Donghae's Sick

Friendship or Love?

-----The Next Day-----

MY POV

The bell rang that indicates recess time, but then Donghae is still sleeping on his desk. So I walked over to him, shaking him to wake him up.

"Ya~" I called him. "It’s recess time, stop sleeping!" I told him, but he didn't budge.

"Donghae-ah, gwenchana?!" I knelt down to be eye-leveled with him, but still, he didn't budge. 

"Ya~" I called him again, placing my hand on his neck. But then I startled him because he jolted up from his seat. "Ya! You surprised me!" I exlaimed, holding unto my chest as he places his hand on his forehead.

"Are you okay?" I asked, feeling his forehead. "I think you have a fever, I’ll just get some medicine from the clinic." I told him, and was about to walk away from him but he grabbed my wrist, stopping me. "What?"

"Kajima." he uttered out softly.

"I’ll just get medicine, I’ll be back."

"No need, I’ll be fine."

"You’re fine?! Just look at yourself! You’re pale already!" I scolded him.

"No… I’m just… Dizzy."

"Ayssi. Stop being stubborn will you? I’ll just get some medicine." I told him, but held my wrist tighter.

"I told you no. I’ll get better soon. Just… Don’t leave me here." He said out weakly as I just sighed in defeat. 

"Arrasseo." I replied, taking a seat beside him. "What do you want me to do?"

"Huh? Um… Nothing, just stay here with me." he replied that made me think of an idea. 

"Oh, I know! You want me to send you to the clinic so that you can sleep there?"

"Shiro! I won’t feel any better if I can’t see you." He said out cheesily that made me blush.

"Arrasseo, just sleep there." I said, turning my gaze away from him.

"Okay, but don’t leave me okay?" He asked as I nodded.

 

 

 

 

The bell rang as a signal for dismissal when I immediately stand up to check up on Donghae.

"Donghae-ah, are you feeling better now?" I asked him.

"Yeah… I guess." he said out weakly, forcing himself up.

"Ya." I helped him, placing my arm around his waist. "Come on let’s go home."

"Thanks." He smiled.

"I'm alright, I'll just take you home."

"You’ll take me home?! But I’m supposed to--"

"Just tell me where you live," I cut him off. "We need to take a bus, right?!" I asked as he nodded. "Okay then, let’s go~"

 

 

 

NO ONE’S POV

The bus was almost full but they were lucky enough to have a free seat left. __________ immediately offered the seat to the sick Donghae, standing in front of him and holding unto the handle for support.

"Come on here, I’ll just stand." Donghae said. 

"No! You’re sick. Just take a nap first." She insisted.

"I can’t let you stand here! And you want me to take a nap?! Do you know where I live?! What if we passed my house already?!"

"Oh yeah…" He replied, pouting that made her laugh. "Anyway just sit there." He said, tapping his lap. 

"Ya! What are you doing?!" She asked, when Donghae pulled her on his lap. 

"Just sit here."

"I told you I can stand." She said, trying to break free, but the he held her waist tighter as he rests his head on her back.

"Can you just… Quiet down for a while?" Donghae asked, closing his eyes.

"A-arasseo."

 

 

MY POV
After about half an hour, we finally arrived at his stop. 

"Waah~ Nice place you got here." I said upon getting inside his house. 

"Thanks" He smiled.

"Where's your room?"

"Upstairs."

"Let's go then!"

"Why?" He asked.

"You need to take a rest." I said, forcing him to bring me to his room. 

 

I helped sit on his bed before walking out.

"Where are you going? You're leaving?!" He asked almost panicky.

"Anio!" I replied, coming back to the room. "How can I leave a sick person?!" I raised a brow. 

"Then where are you going?!"

"I'm going to cook for you... You need to eat and drink your medicine."

"But-"

"Ayssi. A while ago I listened to your request, now you obey me, arrasseo?!" I told him, as he nodded. "Good boy." I chuckled, sitting back on his bed. "Now go to sleep my Prince Hae~" I told him before leaning in to kiss his forehead, with him giving me a small smile. 

 

(after cooking for almost an hour)

After cooking, I went back up to his room, placing the porridge on top of the side cabinet before waking him up.

"Donghae-ah, wake up now. Your food is here." I said, shaking him a little. "Donghae-ah," I called him again, this time shaking him a little harder. 

When I did not get any response, I place my hand on his neck, feeling his temperature. Damn.

"Ayssi. I told you to drink the medicine a while ago!" I scolded him even though he cannot hear me. I then stood up, going to the bathroom and getting a small towel to wipe his face and neck. 

"Donghae-ah!" I called him again because he needs to change his clothes. "You need to change your clothes because you are sweating a lot." I said, shaking him. "Lee Donghae if you don't wake up this instant, I'm leaving!" I said, pretending to leave him, but still, he's not waking up. 

"I never thought you can sleep this soundly!" I told him, though I know he cannot hear me. "You really need to change clothes though... I'll just change it for you. You must not think about anything else, alright? I'm just doing my job." I explained, sounding a bit defensive after realizing it. 

 

I started unbottoning his shirt, bitting my lower lip as I told myself to do it as fast as possible. I don't know what happened but I got stucked at the second button. Is it me or this button is really bigger than the hole? 

After about a minute of struggling, I finally unbottoned it, with me unintentionally feeling his chest. Oh . 

"Lord please help me and my hormones to be stable." I said, almost pleading God as I look up on the ceiling. "Don't get his toned chest into you, __________!"

After calming my raging hormones down, I quickly finished removing his polo, and then helping him up so that I could remove them. 

"Okay now, let's change your clothes." I said to the sleeping figure beside me, but I didn't see any clothes around him. Great! You did not get any shirt!

I hit my forehead before standing up to get a shirt from his closet. I looked around for his closet, with my eyes darting back on his body. __________!!!

"Why is getting hot in here?!" I uttered, fanning myself. "Where's that closet of yours, huh?" I asked him, walking around just to finally see it in front of me. Damn. I breathed in deeply, closing my eyes. What was I thinking?! 

I finally opened his closet, seeing tons of clothes. I just got one on the top, a white plain shirt to be exact, closing his closet afterwards. 

I went back to him, wearing him the shirt. 

"Donghae, you really need to eat this." I said, shaking him once again. I just stared at him, pouting because he really won't budge. 

I just felt myself staring him for a long time, thinking how cute he is when he sleeps. I took my phone out, posing beside him and taking a picture. Oh , there's a flash!

I sat properly, shaking him again and putting up my resting face on. "Donghae-ah, wake up." I said, when he finally opened his eyes, rubbing it. "Come on eat this porridge, it's getting cold." I said, feeding him.

"What's that?" He asked when I was unwrapping the medicine. 

"Medicine, babo." I said, preventing myself from chuckling when he let out a pout. How cute! "Now take a rest again." 

"Thanks." He said, taking my hand unto his and intertwining them. He slowly closed his eyes, and immediately falling asleep. I tried pulling my hand back, but then he held it tightly that I really can't pull it back. 

 

I just felt myself waking up because of the uncomfortable position. I sat up just to realize I've been sleeping on his chest. Maybe that's why it was warm. I could finally pull my hand back, so I got a chair and put it beside his bed, resting my head on the bed before returning to sleep. 

I got up at 4AM, realizing that I need to go home. I stretched my body a little, because I felt a little numb here and there, before returning the chair to where it was and cooking breakfast for Donghae. 

I left a note on the table saying 'I still need to go to class, eat this first then rest again, okay?' before finally leaving his house.

I went back to my house, taking a bath before going to school. I stretched my whole body, still feeling strained because of last night. I am the first one to be in the clasroom, so I rest my head on the table, going back to sleep. 

 

 

KYUHYUN'S POV

“I think I'm too early.” I told myself upon arriving at 6:30AM. 

I went directly to the clasroom, just to see _________ sleeping. I walked up to her, tucking her hair behind her ear that is preventing me to see her beautiful face. I sat beside_________, just staring at her face when I felt my eyes getting watery. I don't know why, but I felt like crying. Or maybe because I know that even though she loves me, she can never be mine.

 

 

 

MY POV

“Yeorobun, annyeonghaseyo"  A super loud voice woke me up. 

"Ayssi." I cursed, opening my eyes a little just to see a smiling Donghae. Songsaengnim then comes in the classroom, and started checking the attendance. 

 

 

After 3 subjects, finally it's break time! I kept all my books, preparing myself to sleep again when Donghae walked over to me. 

"Ya, what are you doing?!" He asked.

"I'm trying to sleep." I said, resting my head on the table.

"What?! You're sleeping in a great morning?!"

"You're asking me why?! Don't you remember that I stayed almost the whole night because of you?!"

"Huh?! Why?" He asked, obviously clueless.

"Because you didn't let go of my hand! So I need to sleep on you..." I paused, turning my gaze away from him. "Never mind."

"Well... Sorry~" He let out an adorable smile. "But thanks for last night." He leaned in, whispering in my ear.

 

 

KYUHYUN'S POV

Everyone left the classroom for recess time and I just remained seated on my chair, observing __________ and Donghae.

"You're asking me why?! Don't you remember that I stayed almost the whole night because of you?!" __________ said loud enough for me to hear.

"Huh?! Why?" Donghae asked.

"Because you didn't let go of my hand! So I need to sleep on you..." She paused. What are they talking about?  "Never mind."

"Well... Sorry~" He let out an adorable smile. "But thanks for last night." He leaned in, whispering in her ear though I managed to hear it. What did they do?! Did they do it?! 

No, no. It can't be. I know __________.  

"Ya! What the heck are you saying?!" __________ yelled.

"I said thanks for last night!" Donghae replied.

"Ayssi. You should not say that... It sounds weird."

"Then what do you want me to say?!"

"Never mind." She said.

 

 

MY POV

It's finally dismissal time and Donghae sent me back home.

"Bye~ Thanks for sending me home. " I smiled at him before opening the door and coming in. "Bye~" I waved once again.

"Um.... " he uttered, peeping inside my house. 

"Just come in tomorrow! I'm really sleepy." I told him, wanting to rest on my bed as he let out a pout.

"Okay, bye."

"Bye~" I said, closing the door.

 

I slumped on the couch, feeling really really tired. In a matter of seconds, I can feel myself getting into a deep sleep but then someone rang the doorbell. 

I annoyingly stood up, opening the door just to see Donghae giving me a smile.

“What?!”

“Ummm....” he started. But then someone else caught my eyes... It was Kyuhyun. He was passing by my house, I saw him looking at me but when he saw me looking back at him, he immediately looked away. I guess he's mad huh?

“What are you still doing here?!”

“Um... I just wanna say... Have a good sleep and...“ He paused. 

“And?” I asked him, raising a brow, but then he didn't answer and instead, he leaned in, kissing me on the cheek before running away. 

“Goodnight~” he laughed while waving and running away from him. I just chuckled, closing the door before sitting back on the couch. The doorbell rang once again after a few minutes so I stood up, opening the door to scold Donghae.

“Lee Donghae you're so-- Kyuhyun?!” I was astonished when he suddenly hugged me. 

“I miss you.” He said. Tugtug tugtug.

My heart started beating really fast after hearing those words. I miss you too, so much. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked him when he pulled back. I just don't have the courage to tell him that I miss him. 

"I can't stand you always being with Donghae." He says out of nowhere.

"What?!"

"I want you to stay away from him."

"What?! And who are you to decide for me?!" I asked.

"Why are you always with him?!" He asked, not answering my question.

"Because you're always with Yoona!" I replied nevertheless.

"I'm always with Yoona because you're always with Donghae!"

"Now it's my fault?" I asked a bit too harshly.

"Sorry." He immediately apologized, staring off the ground.

"You see Donghae likes me, that's why I've--"

"But I love you!" He cut me off, turning his gaze back at me. His eyes were full of sincerity. Tugtug tugtug.