Thanks For Staying

Friendship or Love?

MY POV

"How are you?! I missed you so much!" I said hugging Donghae.

"Jinjja?!" he chuckled, hugging me back. 

"Eung! Where have you been?!" I asked him.

"Mokpo… I told you I’ll be at Mokpo, right?!"

"Yes, but you said you’ll be back last Sunday!"

"Ahh… About that…"

"And why aren’t you answering neither my messages nor my calls?! Do you know how much I’m worried about you?!"

"Ahh… That’s because…" 

"Ahum!" Someone cleared his throat, cutting Donghae off. 

"Oh…" I laughed, recognizing Kyuhyun. "Donghae-ah..."

"Hmm?"

"I want you to know that Kyuhyun is now my boyfriend." I smiled at him.

"Ohh… Jinjja? Congrats~ I’m happy for you." 

"Gomawo~" I hugged him. "I know that you’ll be happy for us." I smiled.

 

 

 

DONGHAE’S POV

It's over now... As long as _____'s happy, I'll be happy too.

 

 

~

"Donghae-ah, come on let’s eat!" _____ called me. 

"No, I’m not hungry."

"Huh? But it’s lunch."

"I still need to make up for my absences, so just go ahead and eat." I smiled at her.

"Are you sure?" she asked again, making sure.

"Eung."

"Arrasseo…" she pouted. "Kyuhyun and I will be in the cafeteria then, alright?" She said, I just nodded in reply.

 

 

 

MY POV

"Wae?" Kyuhyun asked the moment I rest my head on his arm. 

"My head hurts."

"Huh?! Do you want me to take you to the clinic?"

"Anio… It’s just that… I’m wondering why teachers thank those people who discovered Math. I mean, it makes me miserable! Not only me, but most of the people!" I randomly complained when he just chuckled.

"But it doesn’t make me miserable~"

"Shigeuro! Do you want me to make your life miserable?!"

"I don’t think you can do that~"

"And why not?!!"

"Because every second that I spend with you feels like winning a lottery. So whatever you do, you won't make me miserable." He said out cheesily, making me blush. 

"Ayssi. Let’s just eat!"

 

 

~

Donghae refused to come home with us again, saying that he's not yet done with the things he needs to make up during his absence.

Days have passed and Donghae doesn't hang out with us anymore. He would always give out reasons about homeworks, quizzes and other things. 

So one day during classes, still unable to talk to him, I passed a small note, writing my message.

 

Donghae-ah, are you mad at me?’ 

‘Anio, why would I?'

Then come with me during lunch. I replied.

 

 

 

DONGHAE’S POV

I just felt myself staring at the note, contemplating whether to say yes or not. 

The reason why I keep on making excuses and doesn't hang out with her is because I want my feelings to subside. I cannot deny the fact that I still love her... and seeing how happy she is with Kyuhyun, I don't think she still needs me. 

'Arasseo. See you! :)' I replied, finally deciding to hang out with her because I cannot deny the fact that I missed her so much.

 

 

~

MY POV

"Donghae-ah~ You’re not really mad?" I asked the moment I walked up to him. 

"Anio, I told you I’m just busy."

"Oh..." I nodded before pulling him for a hug. "I missed you~"

"Me too~" he replied, hugging me back.

"Jinjja?" I asked, pulling back to look at him.

"Eung!" he nodded, making me giggle.

"So, kaja?!"

"Hmm! But where is Kyuhyun?"

"Ahh… I told him to look for seats downstairs."

"Ohh… Okay~"

 

 

DONGHAE'S POV

_____ and I went down to the cafeteria as she kept on telling random stories and laughing. I just felt myself smiling because all these time, I thought she would change because of her relationship with Kyuhyun. But then I thought wrong... She's still the same as before; the same _____ that I've known. 

We have finally arrived at the cafeteria as a beaming Kyuhyun welcomed us. _____ smiled back at him, waving, before grabbing my hand and making our way to the table.

"Hi~" _____ greeted him, sitting down. "Donghae-ah, sit here." she said, ushering me to sit beside her, into which I obliged.  "Ya, why did you order only 2 jajangmyeon?! Where’s Donghae’s?!" she asked.

"Ahh… It’s because… I don’t know that he likes to eat." Kyuhyun replied. 

"Gwenchana, I’ll just buy one." I smiled at her.

"Andwae, just get this one." she said, pushing the bowl of jajangmyeon towards me. 

"Huh? How about you?" I asked her.

"Umm... I'll just eat a little." 

"You sure?! It’s okay, I’ll just buy one for me." I told her.

"Anio, it’s really okay… Besides I have this!" she said, taking out something from her pocket.

"What’s that?!" Kyuhyun asked, raising a brow.

"Can’t you see?! It’s an apple, babo!"

"Anio! I mean… What are you going to do with that?" he asked.

"I’m going to eat it, of course! 'Cause an apple a day keeps the doctors away~" she beamed, making Kyuhyun laugh.

"You actually believe that?! Do you think if you eat only that, you will live healthily?!"

"That’s why I’m going to eat a little jajangmyeon!" she reasoned out.

"But, are you really sure?! Won’t you get hungry?" I asked worryingly. 

"Anio, and… I’m on a diet." she smiled.

"Diet?! But… I think you’re okay… No need to diet." Kyuhyun said.

"Wae?! Do you think I’m dieting because of you?!"

"And why will you diet if it’s not for me?!"

"Why, can't I do it for myself?!" she stuck her tongue out but then Kyuhyun immediately bit her apple. "YA!" she yelled, hitting his head. "Why did you eat my apple?!"

"I just took a bite!" he reasoned out.

"It’s the same! Why did you bite my apple?!!"

"I wanna know if it’s sweet!" he grinned.

"Ayssi. You should have asked first!" she said, obviously annoyed, before turning her gaze back to me.

 

 

 

MY POV

"Donghae-ah, is there any problem?" I asked him as I saw his shocked expression.

"Are you…. Usually like this?" he asked softly.

"What? What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

"Why did you hit Kyuhyun’s head? Do you normally do that?"

"Ahh…" I let out a dried laugh. "You don’t understand…" I said as I saw Kyuhyun went to sit beside Donghae.

"She always hit me." Kyuhyun said, pointing at me.

"Mwo?! Ani, Donghae-ah, we’re always like this… So you need to get used to it."

"Are you sure?!" he asked, still confused. Kyuhyun then cling his arm unto Donghae's.

"Ya! What are you doing?!" I yelled at Kyuhyun.

"Scold her!" Kyuhyun told Donghae like a kid, pointing at me.

"Ayssi. You’re like a kid!" I complained as Donghae laughed.

"Aigoo… _____-ah, don’t treat him badly!" Donghae told me as Kyuhyun stick his tongue out at me.

"No I don’t!"

"Then… Treat him just like how you treat me."

"Andwae! You’re different! I don’t treat all people like I treat you. So… You should be thankful~" I told him.

"So… I must be special." he smiled adorably.

"AHUM." Kyuhyun cleared his throat out loudly before going back to his original seat.

"Of course! You’re my Prince Hae, right?!" I smiled at him, into which he nodded happily.

"Ya, ya! Stop it already." Kyuhyun said, obviously getting a little jealous. I just stick my tongue out before clinging my arms unto Donghae's. "Ya!" he yelled and so I immediately removed my arm from Donghae's before pecking Kyuhyun's cheek. 

"I love you~" I told him, giggling because he was trying to hold unto his smile. 

 

 

 

~~~

-----Dissmisal-----

"Bye!" Donghae waved upon arriving outside my house. 

"Ya, can you stay for a while?" I asked him, holding his hand.

"What? Why?"

"I just want to talk to you…"

"We’re already talking!" he said, making a point.

"No, just... Please stay? Or maybe… Tomorrow?" I asked him.

"Tomorrow? Tomorrow I can’t, I need to review…"

"Are you becoming a good student?!" I laughed. "How about just stay in today? Please? Even for a while?" I begged.

"Wae?!" he asked once again.

"Let’s just spend time with each other! Come on!" I said, dragging him inside my house. "Ya, where are you going?" I asked Kyuhyun who's following us. "Donghae-ah, sit down first."

"I’m going in, do you need to ask that?!" he replied, trying to go in my house but I blocked him.

"But Kyuhyun!"

"What?!"

"I want to play with Donghae~"

"Mwo?! Can’t you play when I’m around?!" he asked.

"Please?" I pleaded. "It’s been a long time since I spent time with him…"

"What if something happened?"

"Like what?" I asked, raising a brow.

"Ummm…." he said, probably thinking of something. 

"See?! Please!" I begged, pulling him in for a hug. "Yeobo~" I pulled back, looking at his face and using my 'aegyo'. "Please?" I asked once again but he did not reply, and so I hit his . 

"Ya!" he yelled, making me laugh.

"Why is your so big? It’s even fluffier than mine!" I giggled. 

"That’s my asset!" he smirked, hugging me back. 

"You’re already hugging me back… Does that mean, you already agree?"

"With what?"

"Letting us spend time alone?" I asked him, as he nodded a little. "Yey~" I hugged him even tighter. "Geurom… Bye~" I waved, immediately pulling back and going inside as I went in my house. "Kyuhyun-ah," I called him, sticking my head out.

"Hmm?" He asked.

"Goodbye kiss!" I pursed my lips but he instead, he just leaned his cheek towards my lips. "ya! What was that about?!" I told him.

"Punishment!" he stuck his tongue out. "Bye~" he waved, leaving, making me pout. 

"Love ya!" I told him as he leaves, and instead of replying he made a heart.

 

 

DONGHAE’S POV

I was just sitting on the couch, watching _____ please Kyuhyun.

I just felt myself smiling upon seeing the couple. They really love each other.

They are just enjoying each other's company, being mushy and crazy at the same time. 

 

"Donghae-ah~ sorry for waiting~" she smiled.

"It’s okay." I replied, smiling back at her.

"So… What happened to you in Mokpo?"

"Well of course I spent my days with eomma!"

"That’s all?!" she asked, raising a brow as I nodded.

"Oh…" she pouted. "AHH! I need to ask you something." 

"About what?"

"Do you know what happened in Hyuna’s party?" she asked.

"Mwo?! I’m not there, how am I supposed to know?"

"Ani... Because I remembered when I called you, you asked me about Kyuhyun, told me to stay longer and that I’ll thank you afterwards."

"Ahh… About that..." I paused, thinking of an excuse.

"You know something, right?!" she asked once again.

"Not really…" I bit my lower lip.

"Ya Lee Donghae it's obvious that you're thinking of an excuse so just tell me the truth or else--!" she threatened me.

"Or else what?!" I chuckled. "Alright I'll tell you..." I sighed. "I promised to help you with Kyuhyun, right?" I told her as she nodded. "So yeah… I sorta helped."

"How?"

"Nothing much." I replied shortly.

"HOW?!" she pressed on.

"I just sent Kyuhyun a message… I told him that you’re leaving."

"Ahh... Jinjja? That's all?!" she asked as I nodded. "Gomawo!" she grinned, pulling me for a hug.

"See?!" I chuckled.

"What?"

"You thanked me!"

"Yeah…" she giggled. "Don’t worry, I’ll help you with your girl." she said as I can't help myself to just stare at her. "Ya, don’t tell me you’re not over me yet?!" she asked directly.

"In your dreams!" I stuck my tongue out.

"Good." she smiled. "Come on, let’s go?!" she asked me, standing up and grabbing my hand.

"Eodiseo?"

"Amusement park."

"Mwoh?! At this hour?!"

"Hmm!" She grinned excitedly.

"You think we’ll still enjoy it? Let’s just go next time." I told her as she immediately pouted.

"How about the arcade?"

"Umm…"

"Please?" she asked, using her aegyo. Damn.

"Ayssi." I exlaimed, making her beam.

"Yes! Kaja!"

 

 

 

NO ONE’S POV

_____ and Donghae played their hearts out, enjoying each other's company when they noticed that it's already getting late. 

 

 

DONGHAE'S POV

"Donghae-ah..." she called me, upon arriving her house. 

"응?"

"Gomawo~"

"For what?" I asked.

"For this day... ‘Cause I really enjoyed it." she smiled. "And for... Staying by my side." She said before pulling me for a hug, into which a quickly returned.

"As long as you’re happy." I told her softly as she pulled back a little, smiling adorably and leaning in to kiss my cheek. 

"Geurom… Take care, okay?"  she finally pulled herself back before waving at me.

"Annyeong!"

"Annyeong~" she waved before going into her house. 

 

I just found myself staring at the door, my right hand automatically feeling my cheek where she kissed.

I just smiled as I don't feel butterflies inside my stomach anymore-- My heart is beating 100% normally.

Maybe now, I've accepted the fact that _____ and Kyuhyun are meant for each other. :)