Falling In Love With A Friend

Friendship or Love?

 

MY POV

After Jong Hoon left, I went back to where Donghae is and apologized.

"Donghae-ah, mianhe~"

"For?" He asked, raising a brow.

"Because I’ve been busy talking to Jong Hoon that I’ve completely forgot about you." I let out a shy smile.

"Well… yeah." He pouted. "But not completely, because now you’re talking to me, right?!"

"Yes, and that’s because I don’t have a choice." I joked, rolling my eyes. 

"Ya!"

"Joke~ " I laughed, making him pout. "Anyway, let’s go?" 

"Where?" he asked.

"Let’s eat! I’m starving! Remember I haven’t eaten my breakfast?"

"Yes, but that’s your fault! I told you I’ll cook for you."

"But you told me that you don’t know how to cook!" I reasoned out.

"Well… I haven’t really answered your question." He stuck his tongue out that made me giggle.

"Ayssi. Anyway let’s just eat!"

"Arraseo, where do you want?"

"Well anywhere that’ll satisfy my stomach!" I giggled.

"Ahh! I know a place~"

 

 

 

DONGHAE'S POV

I brought her to a Chinese restaurant where they sell the best mami ever.

"Eat whatever you want, it’s on me." I said.

"Jinjja?!!" she asked me, I simply nodded. "Gomawo!" She said before hugging me on the sides. Oh my poor heart! 

"Whatever makes you happy." I told her after composing myself as I let out a shy smile, making her giggle.

"I’m seriously loving you Lee Donghae!"

"Seriously?" I asked, my heart pounding very fast. 

"Oh… I mean--" Oh because I will treat her? 

"Oh… You mean as friends…" I diverted my gaze to the ground before looking back at her. I then held her hand for reassurance. "That’s okay, I’ll wait." I smiled at her, and I saw her smiling back at me. "So… Go, order now! Ahjumma!" I called.

"Ye?" The Ahjumma walked over to us.

"We'll older now."

"Ah ne." The Ahjumma handed her the menu.

"Thanks." She smiled before looking at the menu. "Wah! Everything looks good!" She exclaimed that made the Ahjumma laugh.

"Because it is!" Ahjumma said.

"Jinjja?!" __________ asked as she hold onto her stomach, probably starving.

"Do you want to order everything?" I asked her.

"Are you serious?" she asked me.

"If you want to, then order!" I told her.

"But…" She hesitated. "Well… Okay!" She giggled right after changing her mind. "Ahjumma, can I order one of everything?"

"Sure, but… Are you sure?" Ahjumma asked once again.

"Yes please~ I’m starving!" She replied, making all of us chuckle.

"Oh… Okay. I’ll serve it one by one, okay?"

"Ye! Kamsamnida!"

 

"Thank you very much!" She thanked the Ahjumma as she places the food on our table.

"Are you really going to eat all of those?" I asked her again, making sure.

"Of course you-- oh!" She cut herself off, snapping. "You haven’t ordered yet!"

"What?! No! You’ve ordered everything in the menu! So… I’ll just taste some of it, anyway I’m not that hungry." I smiled at her.

"You sure?"

"Yup." I nodded, making her smile. Aigoo she's beautiful.

"Ayssi. I’m really hungry…" She pouted before started stuffing food in . 

 

 

NO ONE’S POV

Ahjumma is placing the food on their table one by one, with __________ eating nonstop. Donghae is getting really surprised with her appetite. 

"Ya," Donghae called her.

"Huh?" __________ looked at him, with Donghae wiping the corner of .

"Oh." __________ blushed. "Sorry."

"It’s okay." He giggled. "I never thought that you could eat a lot." He said, making the both of them chuckle.

"It’s just occasional. I’m just sad and starving at the same time, that’s why I can eat like this." She giggled.

"Sad?" He asked, raising his brow.

"Huh?! You don’t know?!" She asked, but then Donghae just stared at her, clueless. "Ayssi. Jong Hoon just left me, hello?!" She continued. 

"Oh yeah right! Ayssi. I'm so stupid." He laughed at himself as __________ found herself laughing as well. "Oh I forgot to ask you, what did he tell you a while ago?"

"Umm… He just keeps on telling me to take care of myself."

"That’s all? You were talking for a long time!" He interrogated.

"He’s telling me to take care of myself over and over!" She rolled her eyes. 

"Ohh…" Donghae nodded, chuckling.

"And of course, that’ll he’s going to miss me, etc. And…"

"And?"

"He asked me why you came."

"Ohh… What did you say then?"

 

 

MY POV

"You want to say goodbye to him." I told him. But he’s like," NOO! It’s because he likes you! And Kyuhyun likes you also!"

"Eh?" He asked, probably not getting my point.

"Ohh nothing." I shrugged before burping.  "Oops! Excuse me~" I giggled. "I’m so full!"

"Now you’re contented?"

"Yup! Thanks!" I thanked him, as he smiled in return. 

"Ahjumma! Bill please~" He called.

"Ohh okay, wait." Ahjumma replied.

 

 

After paying what we ate, we went back to the car when I saw an airplane flying.

“An airplane! Oh! Maybe pillow was there!” I exclaimed.

“Ayssi. He left almost 2 hours ago! That can’t be him!” Donghae said.

“Oh yeah right.” I pouted. 

I just stared off the window, thinking about what Jong Hoon told me a while ago.

 

How the heck did he know that Donghae likes me? 

It's true though... But how? If there's a woman's instincts, there must be a man's instincts. But with Kyuhyun... I don't think he got that right. I mean Kyuhyun and I are friends. We're best friends, nothing more than that. 

Right?

But... How come just thinking about Kyuhyun like me makes my heart beat really fast?

 

“Well… Do you think he will be pushing me like that if he’s not jealous?!“ I remembered Jong Hoon said.

But… isn’t Kyuhyun just protecting me?

But, Kyuhyun never acted like that before.

Ayssi.

What are you thinking of __________?! Don’t get your hopes up! What if Jong Hoon’s just saying that?!

But... Just what if... What if he really likes me? 

 

Ayssi. 

I should stop thinking about these nonsense things. 

 

 

"__________!" Donghae called, snapping me out of my thoughts. 

"Huh?! What?!"

"Are you usually like that?!"

"What?" I asked.

"Your mind is always flying! When I talk to you, you don’t respond!" He said, sounding upset.

"Sorry!"I immediately apolgized. Let’s just open the radio."

 

"First time on KBS Cool FM, Super Junior-M’s Tai Wan Mei!" the DJ said,.

 

"Oh my gosh!" I squealed as I turned the volume louder.

"Ya, what are you doing?"

"I love this song!" I grinned at him, while starting to sing with the song. 

 

"Ohh wait! My favorite part!" I said, singing along.

"You really like them huh?!" Donghae commented, chuckling.

 

Wo de xin bian cheng le kou dai de yi mian Just for you bu ting de gei bu ting de gei

 

"Yes I do" I giggled, finally answering him. "Oh! Have you seen their music video?"

"Nope." He shook his head. 

"Ayssi! You better see it! Gui Xian and his eyeliner!" I said out excitedly. 

"Who do you like besides Gui Xian?"

"Umm… Cheng Min! He's so hot!"

"Who else?"

"Dong Hai!"

"Really?"

"Yup!"

"Who do you like the best?" He continues to ask.

"Gui Xian!"

"But I think Dong Hai is better." 

"Gui Xian!"

"Dong Hai!"

"Gui Xian!"

"Dong Hai!"

"Gui Xian!

"Dong Hai!"

"Gui Xian!"

"Dong Hai!" He insisted.

"Okay, even though Dong Hai is better, I still like Gui Xian!" I rolled my eyes. We are not getting anywhere you know. 

"Arraseo arraseo!" He replied, making me laugh. 

 

"Our next song is Super Junior Ryeowook and Beige’s Falling In Love with a Friend!" The DJ once again said.

 

"You know that song?" He suddenly asked me.

"Umm… Actually I’ve heard about it, but I don’t really know the song."

"Ahh… You better listen to it. It’s good."

"Ahh really?" I asked as the song started playing.

 

 

I just sat there, looking out the window as listened to the song.

Falling in love with a friend?

 

Why do they need to play this song?

And why does Kyuhyun keeps on lingering in my mind upon hearing this song?

 

 

 

KYUHYUN’S POV

I wonder why she didn’t come to school today... Maybe I'll just visit her before I get home, I smiled to myself as fix my things, and went out of the school.

I was about a feet away from her house when I saw a car stopped by in front of her house. The driver opened the door and...

Donghae? What is he doing here? 

I quickly hid myself somewhere when he run to the other side to open the door.

__________?!

Why is she with Donghae? Was this the reason why she was absent today? Because they went out on a date?!

 

__________ opened the door as the both of them went in to her house.

Are they dating already?!

 

 

 

-----The Next Day-----

MY POV
The bell rang, indicating that it's already lunch break. So I immediately walked over to Kyuhyun, whom I haven't talked to since morning.

"Kyuhyunnie annyeong~" I waved at him, but he just gave me a forced smile. "Ohh… My BabyKyu is sad~ Are you alright?" I asked, taking a step closer to him but he just nodded, turning his gaze away from me. "Ya, are you sick?" I asked him as I place my hand on his forehead, but then he pushed my hand away. I pulled my hand back, taking a step back, as I was surprised with his sudden reaction.

"I’m… Okay." He answered without looking at me.

"Oh... Sorry." I replied, not knowing what to answer. 

"__________-ah, let’s go. I’m hungry~" Donghae said, walking over to us. 

"Oh… Okay." I smiled at Donghae before turning my gaze back to Kyuhyun. "We’ll just eat our lunch at the cafeteria." I told him before looking back at Donghae. "Let’s go?!" I let out a small smile, as he nodded at me. 

 

What’s wrong with him?!! Is he still mad?! I mean… I really didn’t do anything, right?!

 

"__________-ah," Donghae called me.

"Huh?"

"I’ve been calling you for the 10th time already!"

"Ohh… Sorry…. I was just thinking of something." I apologized, giving out an embarrassed smile. 

"What were you thinking about?" He asked, raising a brow. 

"Kyuhyun."

"Why? Is there something wrong?"

"Anio… He’s just… Well never mind." I shrugged.

"You sure?"

"Yeah." I nodded, as he smiled.

"What do you want to eat?" He asked, changing the topic.

"Pizza and pasta!" I grinned at him.

"For lunch?!"

"Yes, and what’s the problem?!"

"Don’t you eat rice?"

"Well I do… But I’ve been wanting to eat pizza nowadays, but I don’t have time… So…"

"Arraseo. Just find seats for us, okay?" He smiled at me.

"Okay~ Oh wait, here's--" I paused, opening my wallet.

"No, I’ll just pay." He pushed my wallet slightly.

"But…"

"Come one just find us seats!" He chuckled, pushing me away.

"Arraseo. Oh, what drink do you want?"

"Anything would be fine."

"Okay I’ll just buy you drinks~" I stuck my tongue out before running.

 

 

NO ONE’S POV

__________ bought orange shake for Donghae and four seasons for her. Then, she found the perfect seats for them, but someone is occupying the next seat. Yoona. 

Well she doesn’t have any choice because all seats were taken. So she just sat down and waited for Donghae.

 

 

KYUHYUN’S POV

Cho Kyuhyun why did you act like that? Being together in a car doesn't mean they are dating, right? Aigoo. Anyways I need to apologize.

I went down to the cafeteria and saw __________ sitting alone in a table. So I happily walked towards her table, but as I inched closer, I saw Donghae walking towards her with a food tray  on his hands, sitting in front of her.

Why is he there again?

My feet brought me to where they where, just standing few steps away from their table. But then an idea struck my mind upon seeing Yoona eating alone. 

In my peripheral view, I saw her looking at me. Maybe she was expecting me to sit with them or at least greet her. 

I went behind Yoona, covering her eyes as I stiffle my laugh. 

“Ya! Who’s this?!” She asked as I finally let out my laugh, uncovering her eyes. “What was that about?!” She yelled, obviously annoyed. I just laughed, sitting across her. I leaned in, pinching her cheeks that made her pout.

“Cute.” I uttered because I know she is watching us. I just pretended that I didn't notice her and eat lunch with Yoona instead. She has Donghae to eat with, so she doesn't need me, right?

 

 

 

MY POV

I just sat there, waiting for Donghae to come. Aigoo, what's taking him so long? I'm starving!

“Thank God you're here, I'm starving!’’ I complained as he made his way to our table. And in the corner of my eyes, I saw Kyuhyun walking towards us. I knew it! Maybe he's not just in the mood a while back. I was about to raise my hand and say hi, but then he sneaked behind Yoona and covered her eyes. 

“Ya! Who’s this?!” Yoona asked, sounding irritated. Kyuhyun was obviously the only one having fun with this as he uncovered her eyes. 

“What was that about?!” She asked, but Kyuhyun just chuckled and sat across her. Well I guess he's here for Yoona. He then leaned in, pinching her cheeks that made her pout. I saw him mouthed 'cute', earning a glare from Yoona though.

You called that cute? Let me show you what cute is! 

Damn. Why am I acting like this?

Maybe because I'm hungry. 

 

"Ya!" Donghae snapped me out of my  thoughts. 

"What?!"

"Why are you staring at your pasta like that?!" Donghae asked.

"Oh… Nothing. Oh! I bought you an orange shake~" I smiled at him.

"Thanks." He smiled back, giving me that boy-next-door smile.

"And mine is… Four seasons~" I said, sipping my drink. "Why?" I asked him.

"I want that." He said, pointing at my four seasons shake.

"Oh jinjja? Sorry I didn’t know. I’ll just buy you next time." 

"Anio, it’s okay." He chuckled.

"Do you want to taste it instead?"

"Really?"

"what do you mean really?! Of course you can!" I told him as I handed him the shake, I saw him opening the cover. "what are you doing?" I asked him.

"I thought you will let me taste this?"

"Yeah, but you can drink it on the straw!"

"But…"

"Ayssi. If you don’t want then I’ll drink." I said before getting the shake from him and sipping the shake. 

 

 

DONGHAE'S POV

"No!" I got the shake from her and stared at it. Well… If I take a sip on this, wouldn’t that mean that… We did an indirect kiss?

"Don’t just stare! Take a sip!" She told me while eating her pasta. I started sipping and I felt myself blushing. Omo. This really tastes good, even better because she drank on it first!

"Isn’t it good?" She asked.

"Yeah! It was great!" I laughed.

"I’ll just buy you next time." She smiled at me. "Ohh… What did you order?"

"Pesto." I replied.

"Oh, can I taste it?" She asked.

"But you have yours."

"Well this is carbonara!"

"Oh…" I laughed.  "For me, it’s the same."

"Can I just please have a taste?" She pleaded, letting out a small pout. How cute!

"What if I don’t want to?"

"Then go and vomit the juice!" She commanded.

"You’re so gross!" I commented.

"Please just let me taste it~" She pouted once again.

"I have one condition then."

"What is it?"

"Let me borrow your cellphone."

"Why?" She asked, raising a brow.

"I won’t let you taste it!" I threatened her, she just sighed before handing me her phone, and immediately getting my pesto. "Stop!" I said, stopping her. I unlocked her phone just to see her Super Junior wallpaper. "Why did you change your wallpaper to Super Junior again?!"

"And why not?! I told you I love them!" She answered simply. I narrowed my eyes at her, before changing the wallpaper to the picture that we took yesterday. 

"Don’t ever change this or else I’ll get mad." I told her.

"But--"

"And I’ll give you pesto!" I cut her off.

"Okay!" She giggled.

"Ahhhh~" I said as I started feeding her.

"Don’t do that it’s embarrassing!" She hit my hand lightly.

"Take it or leave it!" I told her, as she immediately eat it. "How was it?" I asked, smiling at her.

"Worth sacrficing my Super Junior wallpaper!" She gave me a thumbs up, making me chuckle.

 

 

KYUHYUN’S POV

She let him drink on her shake?! Actually it’s not a big issue for me, but then Donghae is blushing! He must’ve thought of something else!

Ayssi. And how dare he change __________’s wallpaper?! And just look at her letting him do it, when I can't.

Why is she trying to make me jealous?!

 

"Yoona, are you free this weekend?" I asked Yoona, loud enough for __________ to hear. 

"Umm… I’m not sure, why?" She asked.

"Do you want to go somewhere?" I asked as she just stared at me weirdly.

"Why? I thought you--" I cut her off by secretly glaring at her, and when she got the signal, she nodded, smiling.

"Ohh… Yeah I’m free."

"Great! I’ll pick you up on Saturday morning then!"

"Oh yeah sure, whatever." She nodded, obviously uninterested. 

 

 

MY POV

Wow. Did Kyuhyun just ask Yoona out?! I mean, why would he do that?!

So he really likes Yoona, and is keeping it a secret from me huh? Why can't he just tell me about it? Doesn't he trust me anymore?