She'll Wait, Right?

Friendship or Love?

 

SUNGMIN’S POV

The moment I arrived here in Japan, I didn't do anything besides work. Work here, work there.

I would wake up every morning with my secretary reminding me of my schedules and the tasks I have to finish for the day. Eveything is so suffocating that I could barely breathe. The only time I could take a rest would be talking to _____. 

I miss her so much. 

I simply can't tell her that I'm having a hard time here and I just want to come back to Korea and hug her. I don't want her to worry. 

 

After a few weeks here in Japan, there was one day when I am walking around Tokyo, looking at the delicious breads displayed per store when someone poked my sides.

“I think you’re hungry.” she said, giving me a bread before leaving. What?! do I look hungry?! I made my way towards her, returning the bread and telling her that it's fine and I'm not hungry. 

But then she insisted that it's mine that we started arguing already. 

"I said I'm not hungry!" I said in Korean, getting annoyed with this woman. 

“Oh? You’re Korean?!” she asked in surprise. 

“Eung.” I nodded in surprise also. It's good that I did not curse her or anything. 

 

We've decided to go on a coffee shop to get to know about each other. Well it's not like I get to meet a Korean national everyday here in Japan.  

She's an exchange student from Korean and her dad own a big company here in Japan as well. Of course at the beginning, she won't tell me what does her father do, but using my charm, she finally told me about it. And in exchange, I told her my story. We also exchanged numbers and of course our names. 

“I’m Lee Sungmin by the way.”

“I’m Lee Minji” she smiled. 

 

 

 

 

~~~

We kept contact with each other, meeting up whenever we have free time. She would tour me around Tokyo for she's been here for almost 2 years now.

I am not sure what is happening with me right now, but I miss her when I don't see her. I can't concentrate with my work if she's not replying to my text messages. 

What the heck is wrong with me? Do I like her or something? 

Wa-wait. What?! Lee Sungmin you need to get a hold of yourself. You have a beautiful girlfriend back in Korea. _____ loves you and I love her back. 

Right? 

 

 

~

One day, Abuji called me to tell me I should go to this restaurant because I need to meet my fiancé.

“Fiancé?! Appa! You know that I have a girlfriend!” I told him.

"I don’t care about her. Do you care about her rather than your family and the people who’s working for us?! If you won't marry that girl, our family will be in a big debt and all our workers will starve because of unemployment!” he said as I felt myself getting speechless regarding the matter. So it's all up to me. “You need to come… I will know if you’ll come or not.”

“But appa…” I begged.

“Ayssi. Sungmin-ah, anyway you could divorce her after 5 years.”

“5 years?! Appa! That’s so long!”

“Okay I won’t force you, but think, okay?!” he said, ending the call. 

Ayssi. Why am I trapped in a situation like this? Lee Sungmin you should think! 

I love my family and of course I love _____. But I just can't simply chose between family and the girl I love, right?

Or maybe... _____ could wait for me. She will wait for me if I told her about my situation, right? She's a nice gal. I know she will. :) 

 

 

~

I went to the restaurant, finally decided to meet my fiancé.

“It must be her.” I sighed to myself, making my way to the table. “Minji?!” I almost screamed in shock the moment I saw her face. 

“Sungmin?! What are you doing here?!” 

“Well... I must be in the wrong table.” I told her. “But...Why are you here?”

“To meet my fiancé.”

"What?!” So she's really the one?! Well at least I'm gonna get married to the person I like. Lee Sungmin stop you have a freaking girlfriend! Stop thinking about weird things! 

“So why are you here?!” she asked as I sat at the chair across her. 

“Well… I guess you’re my fiancé?!” I said that made us chuckle. 

“Are they seious about this?!” we said in unison before laughing once again. 

 

"So… Are you okay with this marriage?!" I asked her.

"Umm… At first no… But after few minutes ago, yes?!" she said that made me chuckle. 

"Why?"

"Because I know that I’ll marry a great man."

"Thanks." I smiled. 

"So how about you? Are you okay with this?"

"Umm… Yeah… I guess." I shrugged.

"Why, you don’t like me?" she asked, using her aegyo. 

"Anio, it’s not that… I want you to know that… I have a girlfriend."

"Oh…" she answered, obviously disappointed. "Does she know about this?"

"No… Not yet." I shook my head. 

"Great! I mean… How will you tell her?"

"I don’t know…"

"Are you sure you want to get married?" she asked, probably making sure that I was not forced into this because of her.

"Yes."

"What?!" she asked once again.

"I said yes." I repeated.

"Why?"

"I need to do this… And it’s alright since I like you anyways. Anyway, my appa said that we’ll get married in 2 weeks. Is that okay?" I asked her into which she nodded happily. 

 

 

 

MINJI’S POV

I totally disagreed with my parents when they told me I will be marrying someone. I mean, I'm too young to get married! And arrange marriage?! We are not in 80s anymore! Plus, I like someone else...

My jaw mentally dropped the moment I knew it was Sungmin oppa. God must have love me so much that he gave me Sungmin oppa as my fiancé. :") Did I mention he's the guy I like? 

I felt bad when he told me he has a girlfriend though. It's like I'm being the third party even though technically, we're still not dating. He still agreed upon the marriage though. Or maybe... He doesn't love his girlfriend anymore because he told me he likes me... Right? 

 

 

 

SUNGMIN’S POV

Few days left 'til my marriage but then _____ still don't know about it.

She keeps on calling me everyday, just like always, but I would feel guilty about not telling her, so I've decided to just give her a could shoulder. 

 

 

 

MINJI’S POV

There was one day that Sungmin oppa and I went to the mall to hangout.

He went to the restroom, leaving his phone on the table. The caller must have something important to tell him because she's been calling for quite a few times already. I wonder why Sungmin oppa is not answering it though.

I got his phone, finally answering the call.

 

It's his girlfriend.

They haven't broken up?!

 

"I'm his fiancé!"

 

I felt my hand tightening around his phone, jealousy is taking over my body. 

"Okay listen here, we're about to get married in a few days so stop calling my fiancé" I said, and making sure to emphasize the word 'my'.

It was probably jealousy that made me tell her those words. Lee Min Ji what is wrong with you?!

 

 

~~~

SUNGMIN’S POV

This is it. I'll get married today, there's no more backing out. 

 

 

~

After the wedding, Minji and I started living together to the house that was given to us by my parents.

As the day passed by, I would find how Minji and _____ are similar. In fact, very similar. And because of that, it makes me miss _____ more and more. Nevertheless, I don't think I love Minji as much as I love _____, right? 

_____-ah, wait for me, okay?