There's No One Like You :)

Friendship or Love?

 

 

DONGHAE’S POV

“isn’t he handsome?” Sungjin blushed. Aigoo. My little girl is crushing on someone already! I chuckled to myself and looked at where she was pointing. I quickly turned my gaze to _____ whose eyes were locked to Kyuhyun. I nudged her to tell her that she should go out and talk to him.

“ya,” I called her.

“is that really him? Am I dreaming?” her eyes starting to get teary.

“yeah… I think it’s him. What are you waiting for?! talk to him!” I said as I nudge her, and she got up from her seat.

“what if he doesn’t remember me anymore?” she asked, I sighed and stood up.

I cupped her face and stared at her eyes.

 

“_____-ah, this is the moment you had been waiting for! you have been waiting for 7 years already! Will you let this opportunity pass?” I smiled at her, her tears already escaped from her eyes. I wiped her tears using my thumb and kissed her forehead.

“just talk to him. Tell him everything. Just don’t be a negative thinker right now; you need to think that he’s going to listen to your explanation. So that everything’s going to be fine, arrasseo?” she sniffed then nodded.

“thanks Donghae.” She hugged me, I just hugged her back.

“now go!” I pulled back, and she quickly runs outside.

“appa what’s going on?” Sungjin asked.

“omma is going to ask for you crush’s name you idiot.” Seonu said, I just ruffled his hair and sat down.

“oh no! omma is going to steal oppa from me?!!” Sungjin pouted.

“omma is finally going to meet her true love.” I said as I observe_____ cross the road.

“mwoh?! Who??” Sungjin asked, I just smiled at her and turned my gaze to _____.

“don’t tell me omma likes oppa?!” she whined, I just chuckled.

“appa he’s mine!!” she said.

“ya don’t be selfish! He’s too old for you anyway.” Seonu said, finishing his ice cream while Sungjin just sat there, pouting.

 

MY POV

I crossed the road as I tried my best to stop crying and from tripping. It’s really Kyuhyun! I need to tell him everything… honestly I almost lost my hope because it’s been 7 years! But then God answered my prayers… he’s now in front of me.

I walked over to him as my heart started to beat like crazy. He was sitting on the bench, reading something. I was thinking of a way how to approach him… but I can’t think of any since my mind and heart are too clouded with thoughts.

I have decided to stand in front of him, but it seems like he doesn’t notice my presence as he didn’t even bother looking at me. so I just covered the sun’s rays and stood right in front of him. Finally, he looked up at me… I saw his beautiful face again…. after 7 years of waiting…. I finally got to look at him again.

 

“yes?” he asked.

 

I felt my heart sank. He doesn’t remember me anymore. I wanted to run away and cry my heart out, but my body doesn’t seem to cooperate with me.

 

“may I sit?” I asked him, he smile and nodded. And so I sat beside him as he continues to read his book.

I wanted to tell him everything… I wanted to tell him that I love him… I wanted to tell him that I chose him, and not Sungmin. I felt like my eyes are getting wet because my heart hurts so much.

 

“how are you?” he started.

I felt my heart stopped and looked at him. Did I hear him right? He asked me how am I, so that means he still remembers me?? I snapped out of my thought and answered him.

“I’m…. doing good.” I tried to smile. “you? where have you been these past few years?”

“oh… I studied abroad.” He said.

“oh jinjja? And now you’re finally back here in Korea?” I asked him, he nodded.

“I’m taking my masters here in Korea.” He said.

“ohh…” is all I can say.

“so you’re married?” he started again.

 “what a nice children you have. But I thought you chose Sungmin, but then I guess you didn’t, because you married Donghae.” He said, not even bother looking at me.

“you really still remember me?” I stupidly asked him, as tears escaped from my eyes. He looked at me and smiled.

“how can I forget you?” he said and wiped my tears.

“can you introduce me to your children?” he asked again, smiling.

“they’re Sungmin’s.” I said.

“ohh… so Sungmin must be at work, that’s why Donghae came with you? So you really waited for Sung—“ I cut him off.

“I didn’t, you idiot.” I said as I looked at him.

 

----------------------------------------------------------flashback----------------------------------------------------------

(at the airport, before Sungmin leaves)

“and now… before you leave… I want you to know that I love the both of you, but I can’t have you both as my boyfriend… so I’m choosing one.”  I said as I saw Sungmin oppa gulped.

“and I choose to love…. Kyuhyun. Oppa I’m so sorry.” He just stared at the ground. I hugged him tightly, “oppa, I’m so sorry… but I think you should love your wife. One of the reasons is; you are both committed to each other already.  You already promised to love her and she promised to love you in the presence of God. It’s a sin if you’ll have me as your girlfriend and you’ll have her as your wife.”

“but I don’t lo—“ I cut him off as I pulled from the hug.

“you don’t love her?” he slightly nodded and so I cupped his face. “Maybe you don’t love her, yet. But oppa I know you like her.” He just stared at me.

 “Remember when she called you last time? You smiled when you saw her calling; knowing that she’s concerned for you. But then you pretended to be mad because I was there. I know it’s her who called, so you don’t need to deny it.” I smiled at him. "There is something in you that’s stopping yourself from falling in love with her, and that’s me. That’s why I don’t want to be the hindrance in your love. Oppa you’re free now. So go and get her, arrasseo?” I smiled at him.

 “I may not meet her yet, but I know that she deserves you more that I do, because I know Kyuhyun is the one for me.” I continued.

“are you sure about this?” he asked, I nodded.

“thank you.” he smiled and hugged me.

-----------------------------------------------------end of flashback--------------------------------------------------------------

 

After telling him everything, I saw his expression is still the same. And then someone called him, he took out his phone.

“mianhe but I need to take this call.” He said, I just nodded and waited for him.

 

“yoboseyo?”

 

“ohh… oh yeah I’m free.”

 

“okay I’ll be there in a moment.” He said then hung up.

 

“_____-ah, mianhe, but I need to go… something important came up.” He said as he closed his book and stood up.

He was about to walk when I stood up and hugged him from the back.

 

“I missed you… so much.” I said as I cried. He turned around, and now he’s facing me.

“me too… I missed you.” he smiled. “I’m sorry but I really need to go.” He said then walked.

“Kyuhyun-ah,” I called him, he stopped.

“I just wanted you to know that I’m still wearing it… the ring that you gave me.” I paused. “I never broke my promise.” I said then turned to walk back to the ice cream shop.

“_____-ah,” I heard him call me, so I stopped and looked back at him.

“meet me at the corner of this park tomorrow, 10AM sharp.” He smiled then walked off. I just sat on the bench that we were sitting on a while ago.

 

I don’t know if I should be happy because he asked me out… but what if he’ll just introduce me to his wife? After all we’re 28 years old!! I kept on crying because I was confused until I felt someone held my chin up, and when I looked up, it’s Donghae. And then Seonu jumped off from his hands and stood on the bench beside me.

“omma who made you cry?” Seonu said as he cupped my face. I just smiled and wiped my tears away.

“omma is oppa bad? Did he do this to you?” Sungjin asked, tugging into my shirt.

“anio~” I gave them a fainted smile.

“omma don’t worry, when I see his face again, I’ll beat him up!” Seonu said, forming his hands into fists.

“aigoo you’re so cute!” I ruffled his hair.

“Seonu-ah, can you hug omma?” I asked him, he quickly hugged me.

“omma tell me what happened, and then appa and I will find ways to meet that guy again and beat him!” he pulled away from the hug. I just giggled.

“who taught you to be this violent huh?” I asked him, he glanced over to Donghae who turned his gaze away.

“ya!” I hit Donghae’s legs.By the way he's still standing up. 

“what?! We just wanted to protect you!” Donghae pouted, I just giggled.

I glanced over to Sungjin who’s just pouting in the corner.

 

“Sungjin-ah~” I called her, she looked at me, but then she just pouted harder.

“waeyo?” I asked her as I carried her to my arms.

“you asked Seonu to hug you, but you didn’t ask me… do you love him more than me?” she said as she was about to cry.

“aigoo!!” I just hugged her. “I love you both, okay?” I said as I pulled back, but she’s just staring at me.

“can you kiss omma?” I asked her, she smiled a little and kissed my cheeks, so I pouted.

“I want Sungjin to kiss omma on the lips!” I told her, acting mad. She quickly kissed me on the lips.

“aigoo that felt good.” I smiled at her, and then she hugged me.

“omma, can I kiss you too?” Seonu pouted.

“of course Seonu-ah~” I said then leaned in, he kissed me on the lips and I hugged the both of them. Later on, we pulled back, and then Seonu leaned in and whispered something.

“omma, I think appa wants a kiss also.” He giggled; I turned my gaze to Donghae and laughed at his face. Seonu jumped off the bench and tugged on Donghae’s pants. Donghae kneeled down to be leveled with him, and then Seonu kissed him on the lips. Donghae was startled, but then a smile quickly formed into his lips. Later on, Sungjin went to Donghae.

“appa, can I kiss you too~” she pouted, Donghae nodded. And so Sungjin kissed him and then Donghae ruffled Sungjin and Seonu’s hair.

“appa, don’t ruffle Sungjin’s hair, her crush might see her.” Seonu said.

“anio, It’s okay. I don’t like that guy to like me anyways.”  Sungjin said.

“waeyo?” I asked.

“because she hurt you, omma. I don’t like him to be my husband or else he’ll just hurt us.” She said, I just laughed.

“Seonu, Sungjin-ah, let’s go home? It’s almost 6PM, we’re dead to your real parents if you didn’t catch dinner.” Donghae said, standing up.

 

And with that, we sent Seonu and Sungjin back to their house using Donghae’s car. And after that, Donghae drive me back home.

“_____-ah, what happened?” Donghae asked, not taking his eyes off the road.

“huh?”

“to Kyuhyun and you!”

“ahh…” I just gave him a fainted smile.

“what?!”

 

I told him everything that happened…

 

“oh… so you’re going to meet him up tomorrow?” he looked at me then back to the road.

“I don’t know…” I said looking outside the window.

“ya, you’ve been waiting for him, and now that he’s asking you out, you’re not going to meet him?”

“but I don’t want to get hurt anymore…” I said, holding back my tears.

“_____-ah, if you won’t face the truth, then you’ll just get hurt more.” He paused. “What if he’s going to tell you something good? But then you didn’t come…. And then you’ll just regret your it your whole life.” He told me.

“so you think I should come?” I asked, looking back at him. I saw him turned his gaze to me, smiling before nodding.

“arrasseo.” I gave him a fainted smile.

“don’t worry,” he said and held my hand. “Eunhyuk and I will be ready to beat the crap out of him tomorrow if did something wrong.” he smiled at me, I hit his hand.

“ow!”

“ya! Stop that! Ayssi. Sungmin and Minji will get mad at us. They will think we were teaching Seonu violence!”  

“mwoya?! I’m just going to protect you, but then you’re lecturing me?!”

“stop acting like a kid!”

“I’m not!”

“yes you are!” I said, he just pouted.

 

~skip~

----------------------------------------------------------------the next day----------------------------------------------------------

I woke up at 8AM to get ready for everything. I wanted to back off, but then I remembered what Donghae told me last night… that I will regret everything if I didn’t face him. So here I am now, getting dressed and putting light make-up.

I just wore a one-sided off-shoulder shirt with the word ‘LOVE’ and a kiss mark written on it; shorts and flats.

I walked my way to the park, not knowing what’s going to happen. I tried to call Donghae and Eunhyuk before facing Kyuhyun first.

 

---------start of conversation--------

“yoboseyo?” Donghae first answered.

“yoboseyo?” Eunhyuk answered next.

“ya, do you think I should really go?” I asked the both of them.

“of course!” they said in unison.

“_____-ah,” they called me on the same time. -_-

“ya Lee Hyuk Jae can I talk first?!” Donghae complained.

“arrasseo.” Eunhyuk said.

“_____-ah, just go there and listen to everything that he’s going to say, we’ll be here for you, okay?” Donghae said.

“can I talk now?” Eunhyuk said.

“yeah.” Donghae said.

“_____-ah, just wear your best smile and go get him!” I smiled at his encouragement. “If he has a girlfriend or something, just flirt with him so that you can get him back, and his girlfriend will break up with him!” Eunhyuk said.

“Lee Hyuk Jae!!” Donghae and I yelled in unison.

“what?!! I’m just helping.”

“ayssi. Anyway _____-ah, you must go! It’s almost ten.” Donghae said.

“arrasseo. Thank you guys! I don’t know what I will do without you.” I told them.

“it’s because, EunHae is the best!” they said in unison, I just giggled.

“bye~” I said.

“bye!” they said then hung up.

----------end of conversation--------

After the conversation, I went to the corner of the park just to see a paper collage that was made into a heart.

I smiled at the beautiful sight as my heart started to beat very fast. Did he prepare this for me? I looked over to my watch; it’s 9:45. And when I looked back at the heart, I saw Kyuhyun standing a meter away from the wall of the heart.

“is it good?” Kyuhyun asked, I nodded without a word, and then I walked over to him.

“it’s… really beautiful.” I said, praising the heart collage.

“did you make this?” I asked him, he nodded.

“I made this for my girlfriend.” He paused. “She asked me to write love letters for her. And so I used them to make this collage… do you think she’ll like it?”

I slightly nodded as my heart started to break. So… he asked me to come here just to ask my damn opinion about his surprise for his girlfriend?!!! I knew it, I shouldn’t have expected something. Just imagine your life without a love one for seven years?! Of course he’ll find a better woman than me. ayssi. I’m so stupid.

“Kyuhyun-ah, I forgot, my boss asked me to drop by the office right now.” I said while holding back the damn tears. “I’m sorry but I need to go.” I told him and walked away.

“hey, aren’t we supposed to meet at 10?” he said then I stopped to face him.

“but you need to understand that my boss called me, and I need to go to the office, right?” I told him, getting pissed.

 

 

 

KYUHYUN’S POV

Aigoo. Why can’t she understand it? -.- she turned her back to me and walked off, so I grabbed her hand to stop her. 

“what the hell are you doing?” she yelled at me, and now she’s crying.

“why are you crying?!” I asked her.

“why am I crying?! Why am I crying?!! It’s because I am so stupid to wait for you!” she hit my chest. “maybe Donghae was right, he told me to date others years ago. But I was so blinded with my love for you!” she hit me again. “I can’t believe I waited for—“ I cut her off by crashing my lips unto hers.

After a few seconds, I pulled back, and stared at her eyes.

“why did you do that?! What if your girlfriend sees us?!” she yelled at me and walked away.

 

 

MY POV

The kiss felt good… really good. But I know that that was wrong. I don’t want to be third party here. I walked away when he suddenly imitated what I said yesterday.

“I just wanted you to know that I’m still wearing it… the ring that you gave me.” he imitated even my voice whose shaking. >.<  “I never broke my promise.” He continued.

I looked back and glared at him, I saw him smiling at me. I walked back to him and hit his arm.

 

“why are you copying me?!!” I glared at him.

“nothing. Why can’t I do that?!” he said.

“you don’t have the right to do it!”

“but I thought you still love me?” he pouted.

“I never said that! And… what if I still do?! It’s not like you still love me back.” I said then look away.

 

 

KYUHYUN’S POV

I just chuckled at what she said.

“babo I love you.” I told her, I saw her eyes widened.

“stop lying.” She said then was about to take a step and walk away. But before she did, I grabbed her hand and trapped her on the ground, with me on top of her.

“ya!! Let go of me!!” I just leaned in and kissed her to shut her up.

“tell me you love me!” I told her.

“mwoh?! And why will I say that?!” she said, being stubborn. -_-

“Because you do love me; now just tell me and let’s get this over with.” I told her.

“If I told you I love you, will you break up with your girlfriend?” she asked me, I shook my head. And then she pushed me off her, but I managed to stay on top of her.

“why did you push me?!” I asked her.

“you’re going to ask me to tell you ‘I love you’ but you’re not going to break up with her?! What am I?! Your toy?!!” she yelled.

“stupid! How can I break up with you?! you want me to break up with you?!!” I yelled at her, she just stared at me with her eyes widened.

“you mean… you were talking about me?” she asked. “I’m your girlfriend?”

“of course. Who would be my girlfriend if it’s not you?!” I told her.

“are you serious?” she asked, getting calmer.

yes. Stupid.” I told her, she smiled while tears are coming out of her eyes.

“ya, why are you crying?” I asked her.

 

 

 

MY POV

“ya, why are you crying?” he asked me, I just wrapped my arms around his neck, pulled him and crashed his lips unto mine.

“I love you.” I told him, pulling away from the kiss.

“I love you too~” he told me before kissing me again.

 

 

Guys! I’m so thankful for all the people who’ve been there with me from the start… you really encouraged me to write something like this. :D I hope you like it… oh! And yeah, I was getting the concept of ‘7 Years of Love’ that’s why it took them years to meet again. I know it might not happen in reality… so sorry about that. :< comments are so much appreciated! :D

 

The end……?