Wife

For the Love of MinSul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Wife

 

- - - -

 

“Leave?”

“Yes, to my parents'. I'm....leaving.”

"When will you be back?"

"I'm not because….I'm leaving you, Minho."

 

 

"Hey!" Said Minho gently, startling Sulli. She stopped in the middle of her packing. Minho got home earlier than she thought he'd be. "What are you doing?" Asked Minho as he eyed at what she was doing. "You never told me that you are going for somewhere."

"Yeah." Answered Sulli as she continued packing. "I thought you were still at work. I just need to get some things and then I'll leave."

Minho looked elsewhere, as by the corner of Sulli’s eyes, she felt he is studying their wedding portrait above the headboard.

"I was taking Krystal out to lunch, but then needed to come home and get something." Said Minho and for finally his round eyes flickered to meet Sulli's own black ones. "And you, leave?"

"Yes to my parents'. I'm....leaving." Repeated Sulli as she felt her heart wrenching.

Minho didn't seem to think deeper about what she said. Maybe because Sulli rarely visited her parents and even she did, she would never stay for night. This was the very first time Choi Sulli, wife of the Choi Minho, was actually going somewhere with a big suitcase for the first time in roughly a year since she got married to him.

Got married? Sulli suddenly felt like she was confusing herself.

"Okay." Sighed Minho, running his hand in that messy hair that Sulli loved so much, then he asked her the question she had been hoping to avoid. "When will you be back?"

Sulli looked around anxiously, trying to calm down enough to say what she wanted to. "I'm not because….I'm leaving you, Minho."

The words sunk into Minho quickly. His round eyes darkened in color with what she guessed were anger.

"Leaving me? Why the hell are you leaving me, Sulli?" Asked Minho, certainly sounded annoyed but he looked resigned and tired. Sulli decided to believe he wasn't the tiniest bit angry.

Sulli took a deep breath, not daring to look at him straight in the face. She was scared to look at him, because Minho was the only man in universe she'd fallen in love with, even before their parents told them they were arranged to be married. He was the first guy who is gotten them to be best friends when they were young, so they wouldn't be as angry about the arranged marriage when they were older enough to learn about it. Minho was the guy who gave Sulli first kiss. He was the guy who told her he had feelings for her, where she believed she was stepping into a very happy marriage.

"Being married to you… has been really tiring. I....I can't do it anymore. I'm sorry." Said Sulli.

"Tiring? You are a rich wife of the CEO of Choi corporation and all you do is just holding charity events and writing all day Sulli." Protested Minho. “You don’t even have to work your off like me, Sulli.”

Sulli stared at him, flabbergasted. How dare he speak as if she really has fun while he works all day?

Minho's eyes widened when he realized how callous he was. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean...."

"It's okay." Said Sulli icily. Her entire body had straightened and stiffened. Minho did too by looking at his hands. He only heard her use this tone with him once and that was when he first introduced her to Krystal, when that woman claimed her husband as her territory and it wasn't taken weeks later that Minho finally set her straight to a position in the company. "Of course you didn't mean it. You never ing go to those events, where all the people just take pity on me. I even end up having to practically blackmail them into volunteering or donating because they'd all rather just see poor Mrs. Choi without her husband. Or there was one or two times he attended but he had his ing assistant Krystal Jung on his arm!"

Sulli's sudden volume in voice surprised Minho, even herself. She was breathing heavily from that last bit, but she suddenly felt like she couldn't stop. Her mind suddenly flooded with images of Minho with one of his best friends he had met in college, Krystal, together. They looked so perfect as a couple and while all the press wisely had kept quiet about that, Sulli knew they saw Minho with Krystal more than him with her.

"Now hold on a second. You can't just say that about Krystal." Said Minho angrily, to Sulli's disbelief. Did he have selective hearing or something? Did he just entirely miss her point?

"Krystal is in love with you, okay?" Said Sulli, her voice turned cracked as her eyes were getting damp, but Sulli didn't dare to let Minho see her cry. More than anything else, she didn't want him to say, 'Let's discuss this later.' because she didn't want him to draw out the pain even longer. "She....she might not even be after your money, too. If I leave, you guys can give it a go. I'm making this easier for you, isn’t it?"

Sulli sat down on their bed. No it should be her bed because there were many nights Minho would sleep in the guest room. He used to come home so late and since Sulli was a light sleeper, he started sleeping in another room, claiming she needed her sleep. Did he play dumb or really thought that what she wanted is the way he kept their distance like that?

Sulli rubbed her forehead. Minho at least deserved a full explanation.

"I'm tired of being in this marriage, though it seems like a stereotypical rich heiress' dream marriage. Because you're good looking, humble, sweet, nice, faithful, at least that all I know of, and don't care what I do with my time."

"Of course I'm faithful to you." Said Minho. He looked angry, sad, and confused. And Sulli was angry, sad, and hurt but it seemed he didn't really see that. "Of course I care what you do with your time. You're my wife, Sulli." Added Minho.

Wife! Oh, how much Sulli hated that word now.

"I held a charity event last week. Some guy gave me his number and when I declined, he said, 'It's not like your husband is going to notice anyway. He's always with that hot little chick.' And you know what, I felt very insulted but instead of angry at that guy, I'm so mad at my own husband. That really shows what you care about what I do with my time!" Screamed Sulli. Now that she was on a roll and really couldn't stop. She had started crying too. She knew she looked awful and maybe pathetic right now, that made her feel more even worse. "Minho, I want to be your wife!!" Exclaimed Sulli.

"But you already are, Sulli." Said Minho, confused.

That caused Sulli to go into hysterical laughing, but her laughter was full of bitter pain. "That's what you and everyone else thinks, but no, not me. I'm really not."

"We're married. I'm the husband and you're my wife. Unless you haven't told me and behind my back…." Minho almost yelling but suddenly he had to stop himself and ran his hands in his hair in frustration.

Sulli could only gape at his attempt to say she might have an affair or something. Why couldn't he see he was hurting her… that she was dying? Oh god! "Exactly how much stupider can you get, Minho?"

That was when like what Minho said about Sulli being his wife, she knew calling him stupid had been a mistake. Minho really hated someone call him stupid.

"Krystal wouldn't have called me stupid." Yelled Minho angri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter