No one is you

For the Love of MinSul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

No one is you

 

- - - -

 

"Well Minho, I think I've found me a man!" Said Sulli in a singsong voice.

Minho couldn't help but rolled his eyes down at her and her chirpiness. He took in the one goofy smile on her face before replied gruffly, "And who is this supposed moron?"

"Yah! Don't be mean." Scolded Sulli as she hit him jokingly. Minho listened to her giggle while looking at her dreamy face. She looked at him, plastered a huge smile. "He's actually very sweet. This time I think you'll like him."

'Oh no I won't.' Thought Minho mentally.

"Yeah, whatever. He'll probably be some loser like the last one." Said Minho as if all-knowing. Honestly he had never liked any of the guys Sulli attracted. He wanted her to stay away from them. They were trouble and Minho knew it.

Sulli stopped smiling and glared up at Minho, her eyes piecing through him. "This 'loser' word again! And how would you know so much when you scared him off before even getting to know him?"

'Because I don't want to know him.' Thought again Minho.

"Because he wasn't good enough." That was Minho's short response.

"And what is good enough for me, Minho? One of your jerk friends that always makes fun of me?" Said Sulli in a serious voice now.

Minho could hear the hurt in her light voice. The guys friend of his that joked around with her because Sulli was only his female friend. They didn't really like her for she was almost like an outcast. Those guys her as if she were a disease.

When Minho didn't answer, Sulli grabbed the gym bag he was carrying over his shoulder and forced him to stop walking. Sulli was going to be difficult.

"Well? Answer me!" Said Sulli as she was glaring at him demandingly until finally Minho had to fight a grin.

"Alright! I'll meet this man you said you've found if you'll over look my friends, okay?" Those jock friends that Minho wished to kill almost every day for the things they say. "Stop minding what those idiots say to you and I'll meet that guy."

The wind blew her black hair into her face slightly and she pushed away those strands behind her. Her scowl also slowly disappeared. "Promise me that you will be nice to him."

Minho rolled his eyes instantly. "I'm not promising anything, Sulli. You know me."

Sulli hit him in the arm which of course her light punch didn't hurt him at all. Minho was too used to guys hitting him in the game of playing football for even just that small punch to make him wince.

"You better be nice to him or I'll refuse to talk to you." Warned Sulli.

"You would ignore me, the captain of the football team? Wow! You'd have to be really good at ignoring people to ignore me of all people." Said Minho teasingly. He even wiggled his eyebrows in a cocky way that he knew perfectly for it would make Sulli pissed and it did.

"I can walk out of your life just like that." Said Sulli in a snap tone.

The sad part was that, Minho knew she was right. Sulli could if she wanted to.

"Nah, you would miss me waaaay too much on your way home. I'm the sunshine in your day." Said Minho. He gave her a lazy smile and watched as her cheeks heated up, either she was blushing or she was really that angry.

"Egotistical jerk!"

Let's guess it was her temper. Sulli turned her heel about to leave. Minho knew she made an attempt to walk out of him, almost as it felt like she walked out of his life. However, whatever it was, Minho was just too stubborn to let that happen.

"Yah! You big jerk! What the hell are you doing?" Exclaimed Sulli as Minho suddenly picked her up and threw her over his shoulder. "Now put me down ASAP! You're going to make me drop my bag!" She began kicking at him aimlessly seeing as she couldn't see where her feet flew.

Minho laughed as he kept on walking. "Well, you shouldn't have tried to make a dramatic exit like this. Next time try me again and I will still have to carry you again."

"And why are you carrying me? I do have my own legs, you know." Argued Sulli.

"Trust me, I'm aware of them flying all around my face now." Answered Minho in an amused tone, walking up the hill as their school almost within his sight.

"Yah! People are going to see us!" Sulli began hitting him in the back with her fists over and over.

"So?"

"So? So?! SO they'll SEE how WRONG this looks! Damn you Minho!" Sulli was almost yelling now and she kicked frantically again until Minho finally began cackling. She then stopped and gave in. "This isn't that funny Minho. Your whole fan club of girls is going to beat me up."

Minho slowed his pace, the school just a few feet away. He then stopped and put Sulli down but didn't let her leave his arms. He looked into her troubled eyes as she looked all around them. Once her eyes found their way back to his round ones, she seemed more at ease.

Minho bent his head down a little to her level. "Don't worry. They won't give you much grief… they know better."

Sulli looked away knowingly and then she shook her head. "You know you don't have to protect me." Said Sulli as she sighed quietly. "It's okay though. You know I'll understand if you…..If you don't want to be around me. I mean hanging out with some girl like me, will only make people criticize you this and that." She looked up at Minho, her eyes painfully cutting through his own and her word came out in a low whisper that Minho suddenly realized how much she really needed him.

If only she knew how much he need her too…

Minho sighed and he gave Sulli that lazy smile back which made her playfully punch his chest.

"Don't give me that smile. I'm being serious here." Ordered Sulli, wrinkling her nose. She then turned her head around to the giggling girls behind her.

Minho could see her go into defensive mode as her eyes met the glaring fangirls of his. When he felt her begin to pull away, he tightened his arms around her and pulled her closer, closing the space between them.

Sulli widened her eyes at Minho. "What do you think you're doing? You are going to get me more nonsensical hate." She whispered furiously.

Minho still gave her that boyish smile that he could tell Sulli adored it and then he shot the girls behind her a glowering glance. Minho bent down to her ear and whispered the only words that he knew to be true, "You know Sulli, I'm always here to protect you."

 

- - - -

 

Sulli sat in the lunchroom, knocking the bowl of rice with her spoon. She wasn't hungry. She usually was starving by lunchtime but right now she felt strange.

"Hey Sulli."

Sulli looked up at the mention of her name to acknowledge the girl sitting down across from her. "Hey Luna." Sulli gave her friend a small smile before returning to her full rice bowl.

Silence followed before Luna almost throw her spoon down. "Okay, tell me what the heck is wrong with you?"

Sulli looked up defensively. "There's nothing wrong." Again, she gave her a smile in reassurance.

Luna apparently was not accepting the answer as she crossed her arms over her chest. She then proceeded to look around the lunchroom and then threw her eyes back on Sulli. "Well, that reminds me…" Started Luna and she leaned forward as if to share a secret. Sulli followed and leaned back across the table. "Have you told Minho about… you know… about Taemin?"

At the mention of his name, Sulli looked at the corner of the cafeteria to find him. In the distance, she saw him with some of his friends were sitting and talking. Sulli quickly tore her eyes away when she saw him turning his head to her direction and for a brief moment, their eyes met.

Sulli quickly looked back at Luna, a blush rising to her cheeks. She knew, he just caught her.

Luna grinned at Sulli. "Well, was he okay with it?"

Sulli looked back down at her lunch, proceeding to pick up her spoon and pound on the rice furiously. When she looked up at her friend, she could tell that Luna's expression turned horrified by her action. Sulli sighed. "I....didn't tell him."

Luna was surprise. "What?! Are you crazy?! He's going to be furious by the time he--"

Suddenly both of the girls shrieked at the sound of a tray being slammed down across from Sulli, thus on the other side of Luna.

"Is it true?" A gruff voice asked fiercely.

Luna's horrified expression from earlier only seemed to be even more frightened at the death glare on the face of their football captain.

Sulli looked at her dear friend for help and yet all she got from Luna was an awkward, "Err… I gotta go! See ya!"

'Oh geez, thanks Luna. What a great friend you are.'

Sulli finally sighed. She then put on a fake smile as she looked up to meet his eyes. "Is what true? I don't know what do you want to know." She said as innocently as she could muster up.

Minho was sitting across from her, his round eyes scowling at her act of playing dumb. "You know what am I asking about, Sulli. Is it true that Taemin and you are going out?"

Sulli escaped to look at Minho. She stared back down at her lunch for a brief moment before meeting his eyes. She saw him clench his fists on the table beside his tray.

"So when did this happen?"

There was no point in lying to him or hiding it from him. Minho would find out eventually through other else, so he might as well hear it from her. "Yesterday. Actually he asked me out ever since last week but I only said yes a few days later."

Sulli could hear Minho sneer and grumble across from her because then again she couldn't look at him.

"Come on, Minho. You promised me. Please try to like this one."

"No!" Deadpanned Minho, the big scowl formed on his features. "I didn't promise you anything. Seriously, that guy is Lee Taemin?! Have you even seen what he looks like?"

Sulli narrowed her eyes at him. "Yes, in fact, I have. Why? What's wrong with his looks?"

"What's wrong? What is right about them? Dang it, Sulli! Why can't you just get a guy that I might be able to trust you with?"

"Minho, none of the guys I find are ever good enough for you to trust apparently and I'm not letting your hand pick one for me because I can already imagine who you would pick."

After said that, Sulli realized she was only making matters worse instead of easing them. She caught a look in Minho's eyes that made her see that he was only watching out for her though. He just didn't want her to get hurt. As his head was bending forward, she inhaled a deep breath, trying to find a way to make this all right. She reached across the table and placed her pale hands on top of his clenched ones and waited until all the tension in them were released. "Please, Minho….Try to like him…" Paused Sulli and she waited for a moment before whispering, "for me?"

Minho tilted his head up to face her pleading eyes until he felt guilty and gave in. "You.....really like him?"

Sulli bit her lips and nodded, allowing her bangs to fall into her eyes.

Minho reached up and gently brushed the strands away. "If that's what make you happy..... Okay then."

Sulli's face lit up as a smile of relief replaced her troubled face. "Thanks Minho. You're the best. You don't know how much this means to me." She reached across the table and gave Minho a hug before leaving to find Taemin and tell him the good news.

But something was wrong. If his approval was what she wanted, why wasn't she happy that much? Then why did she also feel so guilty?

 

- - - -

 

Minho watched his best friend then and now, her hair being blown by the wind and the sun still shining down on her features giving her that angelic effect. She was so beautiful. This woman was flawless in his eyes. He was now walking her home again, just like he did every day but for some reason, this one felt different from the start.

"So….?" Started Sulli, breaking the ice of silence. "You and Krystal, huh?" She asked, not looking at him yet.

"Yes." Answered Minho quietly. He had his football bag in one hand and his other hand shoved into his pocket.

The pair was walking next to each other was probably like a romantic scene in those cheesy dramas. A cliché type of story between two different people who happened to be best friend. Who would expect a jock like Minho to fall in love with an exotic looking girl like Sulli? Too bad, there was always a clear line between this friendship. They were too far to reach for each other, especially now.

"Well, that's good, right? I knew it, you two are making a great pair." Sulli gave Minho a small smile.

Even though he could tell she wasn't extremely thrilled like she wanted to let on, he knew how she would feel about him dating a cheerleader. Minho just shrugged carelessly, "I guess."

Sulli looked at Minho, frowning. "What do you mean 'I guess'? Minho, you're dating the most popular girl in school. You're dating the head cheerleader. Isn't that what you've always wanted?"

'Not at all…'

"Not really… but it's okay. I mean, she's okay, I suppose." Said Minho casually as he kept walking until Sulli stepped in front of him to block his path.

"Minho, you can't act like dating her is just a matter of having fun. It should be more than that." Said Sulli, trying to reason the fact of two people being in love, but then she widened her eyes a little as something registered in her mind. "Wait! Don't tell me you don't even like Krystal and then going out with her?" Minho didn't respond to this and Sulli took his silence as a yes. She rolled her eyes. "If you don't really like her, then why are you with her?"

Minho shrugged. "It's just happened."

Silence followed after that and Minho could tell Sulli was concentrating on reading his mind or something creepy like that. It made him feel slightly uncomfortable under her examining eyes. She didn't move until he gestured towards her front lawn.

"We are here."

Sulli didn't turn, instead she continued to study Minho's eyes, searching for a rhyme or reason to why he chose Krystal. She finally stepped back and walked to her front door. Minho also his heel and just as he was about to leave, he heard her say….

"I hope you find what you're looking for."

Minho turned to glance at Sulli once more, seeing her standing in her doorway until she closed the door. He walked on, realizing that she wasn't just closing her house door, but it was like she was closing a door on him at the same time. The door that would lead him to her, to his black angel, for she was his Heaven.

'I've found it but I just can't have it.'

 

 

 

Sulli fell against the door as soon as she closed it, her hope dwindling. It almost seemed like there might be a light at the end of this dark tunnel but actually there couldn't be.

The supposed knight was not breaking through her fortress because she had put the dragon at the entrance personally, knowing that no knight could make it past the spitting fire. That dragon was for her own protection. She knew that but what if she wanted a knight now? Of course Taemin should be her knight, right?

Sulli let her head f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter