Love over Fear

For the Love of MinSul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Love over Fear

 

- - - -

 

"You guys just met for 2 freaking hours and he already talked about marriage and even demanded you to live with his parents?"

Sulli nodded her head to Minho's question before taking another sip of her beer. As soon as she got home from her date, Minho called her, asking how it went. After her unhappy response, he decided to go over and cheer her up.

"And not just that, he even stood me up for almost an hour." Said Sulli. She faked a chuckle. "I couldn't believe this guy."

"Where did you find this moron?" Asked Minho.

"I met him at a bar and gave him my number. I guess I'm the moron in this situation." Replied Sulli.

Minho moved over on the couch and wrapped his arms around Sulli. He kissed her gently on the top of her head, causing the butterflies to move around in Sulli's stomach.

Sulli and Minho knew each other because of their Moms were bestfriend. And they were even neighbors when they were still kids. Sulli was being bullied by other children when Minho came in and stood up for her. Sulli know it was nothing but that made her realize how nice he was. How much she appreciated him in her life. Ever since then they were best friends and no days they would grow apart, only closer.

The only problem? Sulli was hopelessly in love with her best friend and it was very obvious cliché.

Every single time no good can come of it. But Sulli couldn't stop herself from falling in love with Minho. She knew that she would wound up having a broken heart anyway, but she didn't care because she knew even if she tried to stop loving him, she would fail miserably.

"You're not a moron." Said Minho.

Sulli let her eyes flutter closed as she breathed in Minho's musky scent. It's been more than 10 years since the crush started. They went to the same high school and different college but they still remained the closest of friends, which meant a lot to Sulli.

Sulli didn't want all the focus to be on herself so she tried to change the subject. "Didn't you say you had a date tonight?"

Minho shook his head. "Nope. You know, I can't all focus when all I wanted to know is about how would your date is going. But actually some girl asked me out and honestly I'm not really interested in that girl anyway."

Sulli really hated asking Minho about his love life but she didn't want to make things suspicious to him if showed her obvious feeling. "So no ladies in your life right now?"

"Only you, babe." Said Minho.

Sulli smiled sadly. She knew there wasn't strong meaning behind his words. "Right, only me."

Tears started forming in Sulli's eyes, but she pushed them away before Minho could see. She was used to crying in his arms. Minho always tried to comfort her but he never knew that he was the one causing the tears.

There were nights where Sulli was brave. She would drop certain things and hint at certain things. It would take an idiot to understand what she was trying to do but Minho was even worse than that idiot.

"I'm sorry for calling you to come over here." whispered Sulli. She knew that she relied on Minho too much.

"I called you, remember? Don't worry about it. So now do you want to do? Going out or we would watch the movie?" Asked Minho.

Sulli shook her head. "Minho, don't you ever worry about spending your life alone?"

Minho frowned and looked at the worried expression on his best friend's face. He didn't understand Sulli's random emotional shift. "Well yeah, but we'll always have each other."

Sulli sat up straight, causing Minho's arms to fall to his side. She loved the way his muscles flexed when he held her closer to him. But she knew that it was also very distracting.

"Stop saying that! Stop saying that it's okay that we only have each other when in fact it's not!" Said Sulli, raising her voice a bit.

Minho put his hand on Sulli's shoulder to try to calm her down. "Ssul, calm down. I'm not going anywhere. You know that, right?"

Sulli pinched the bridge of her nose with her fingertips. What she was about to say ran through her mind every day. She spent nights in bed tossing and turning, while thinking about it. "What's going to happen when one of us finally found a successful relationship? One of us is just going to be pushed aside. Then what exactly is going to happen?"

"What are you talking about?" Asked Minho. "You know, I love you. And I know you love me. So exactly we will never do that to each other." Minho pulled Sulli into a bear hug.

Her heart ached, knowing that there couldn't be anything more special to his word than just in a friendship way.

Tears started to brim around Sulli's eyes. Even if her date were a good man, she still wouldn't have invited him up to her apartment. No matter how amazing the guy would have been, he would still not be Minho.

"I'm 26 years old and I haven't had a real boyfriend since forever. You're the closest guy I know and…and god, why do we do this to ourselves?" Said Sulli.

"Wait! What are you trying to say? Sulli can you please just explain this to me? You're being so damn vague." Said Minho.

"Look, just forget about it. You'll never understand anyway." Said Sulli.

She got up from the couch to head into the bathroom. She ran through what would happen in her head so many times. She would throw herself at Minho, explaining her feelings and he would just stare at her. At first he would be sweet and let her down easily but then things would get awkward and their friendship would be over.

And it was just too much for Sulli to handle.

Sulli closed the door behind her in the bathroom, locking it before turning on the light. She looked in the mirror as the tears flowed freely from her eyes. She couldn't stop the tears just like she couldn't stop herself for being hurt.

 

Minho walked over to the bathroom door and sat against it. He looked around Sulli's apartment. He wasn't worse than that idiot. He just played dumb, of course he knew what Sulli was talking about and it killed him every time to see her cry, knowing that it was he causing the tears.

Minho didn't know how he was going to say what he was about to say but he tried his best at explaining his thoughts. "Do you remember Anh Jaehyun from my college? We were friend and once I introduced you to him, he instantly developed a hugest crush on you. But all he really wanted to do was fooling around, typical college guy. I told him we were dating and he stopped talking about you that way, well to me at least."

Minho heard Sulli sniff on the other side of the door.

"Yeah, I know. He told me that if we ever broke up, he was there. I was confused but I just went along with it." Replied Sulli. She looked to the door which separated them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter