Vivid dream

For the Love of MinSul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Vivid dream

 

- - - -

 

Standing dashingly in the full-length mirror, Minho checked himself, swallowing anxiously as he smoothed out imaginary wrinkles on his suit, wiping his sweaty palms on his pants. He breathed out the nervous air as his eyes darted to the corner of the mirror when the door gradually began to open and someone peeking in. A smile immediately lit up his face as he turned around, seeing his best friend that he once knew dearly.

"Wow Sulli! I didn't know if you were going to make it. I sent you an invitation but you never got back to me." Said Minho but then he paused as he eyed her attire, causal appearance. She didn't dress as if she was attending a wedding but no matter what she'd wear any day, she could still catch the eye of any man in a room. She had that affect and Minho perfectly knew that.

"I've been so busy." Said Sulli, searching for a good excuse to lie. "You know, with my current job and stuff." She finished quietly, her hand reaching up to rest on her elbow, her eyes dropped briefly to the white carpeted floor. "I'm….sorry but I'm not here for the wedding." She told him as she dodged his eyes, nervously beginning to rub her elbow and upper arm. "But I at least wanted to see you on your big day."

The smile dropped from Minho face, his eyes inspected his best friend for any explanation as to why she wouldn't stay for his supposedly 'big day'. Didn't it matter to her at all? He wanted her to be at the wedding, to dance around like the silly fool at his reception. Or did she change? Was she no longer the girl that laughed at the stupidest things, that could make the grumpiest person burst into laughter by a lame joke? Minho didn't know anymore but Sulli slowly pulled away from him those three years ago, when he met his current fiancée.

"You look very handsome Minho, I can only imagine how beautiful Soojung is in her wedding dress." Forced out Sulli, her bottom lip trembling as her eyes settled on the floor once again.

This was it. Minho was getting away from her and in a few minutes he would become a married man and she was going to lose him forever. Who could be blamed other than herself? Because she chose to wait this long. She was such an idiot.

"You two will paint the perfect picture. Congratulations." Added Sulli, tightening as her palms became damp, tears rushing to her eyes but they weren't dare to spill over in front of him.

Minho turned his back to her, facing back the mirror he previously did and fixing his hair as he stared back at his reflection. "Why won't you be attending?"

"I have to work." Lied Sulli with difficulty of forcing the normal voice out. "But I made the effort to drop by and see you.…before you leave on your honeymoon and everything."

"I see." Murmured Minho disappointedly. "You'll be missing out, especially at the reception. Some of our friends will be there, it's been awhile ever since we last met each other. And also, Soojung mentioned that she really wanted you to be at our wedding, maybe more of a chance for you two to bond, you know? You're the closest best friend of mine and she knew that. Well, after meeting her for the first time, you just kinda stopped hanging around--"

"I love you."

"And you never told me what was wrong--" Minho stopped his rambling, his eyes sharply darting to Sulli's figure in the mirror as his mouth formed a thin, tight line. Their eyes met and he saw the unshed tears, the way her hands were at her sides and clenched tightly. He looked over his shoulder as a small smile coming to his lips. "I know and I've missed you, Sulli. You're my special friend and I love--"

"No Minho, I don't love you as a friend, or…or a brother. I love you--"

"Stop!" Interrupted Minho as he turned to face her. "Stop whatever you're going to say."

"I've loved you for so long Minho but I've been such a coward! And I….I just--"

"I said STOP!!" Minho raised his voice harshly. "It's my wedding day, Sulli! How the hell can you walk in here and say this to me? No, you can't do this to me!"

Only god knew, how long had he waited to hear those three words from her? He waited so long as she flirted in front of him, as she went out with other man. He could do nothing, only to keep quiet until one day he finally declared that he loved her but she turned his feelings down and said that she wanted nothing more than friend between them and that was that. Since then Minho never bothered her again and two years later, he finally met a woman that could mend his heart and he made the choice to move on.

"I…I just wanted to let you know that Minho. Are...are you sure you love her?" Asked Sulli in a low voice that almost like a whispered tone.

"YES!" Answered Minho almost shouting, stepping closer to her. "I'm marrying her, aren't I? I'm committing myself to her, Sulli. There is no point to ask such stupid question. I love Soojung. She's going to be my wife in a matter of minutes."

A sob tore through as the pain was unbearable. Sulli lifted her hands to her face as tears came, her hands covering her eyes as she stood helplessly in front of him.

Minho's heart wrenched at her sobs. Was he absolutely over her? No. Could anyone ever say that they forgot their first love?

"How could you do this to me? Telling me now, of all times, Sulli? I've waited for only god knows how long.….how long that I had been the completed idiot!" Said Minho, feelings were stirring. How many times did he imagine holding her in his arms intimately, kissing her, caressing her face, having her body pressed against his. Plenty of times, until Soojung entered his life and began to take those thoughts away.

Sulli looked up to see his face. "I've wanted to tell you, but I've never been so scared like I am now. You're getting married and…I'm losing you. I'm just so scared."

Minho shook his head. "You should have told me! You shouldn't have held back! I can't help you now. I can't do anything. I can't return your feelings, I can't stop the wedding and I can't hurt Soojung."

Sulli continued to tremble, her muscles tensing. Minho must know that she was miserable, that was why she felt his warm arms embrace her, his fingers threading themselves through her hair as he held her close.

Minho flinched when someone knocked on the wooden door, his eyes lifting to stare at it as he heard his brother's voice from the other side, "Five minutes! Get rid of those nerves and get your out here."

"I'll be right out." Replied Minho, overlooking the part of him that wanted to continue holding the girl in his arms as soon as her hands slipped up between their bodies, resting on his chest.

"I'm so sorry." Murmured Sulli solemnly. "It's your wedding day and I only thought of myself, barging in here and telling you how I feel. I knew you wouldn't leave Soojung on your wedding day, that you wouldn't abandon her so easily but I just needed you to know and I don't know why. I just wanted you to know how I really feel." Her eyes shut as she enjoyed the feel of his body, knowing that this was the last time she would allow herself to get so close to him.

Slowly, Sulli forced herself to pull away from his body, facing him with a small smile. Minho was happy, wasn't that what mattered the most? Who was she to come between them?

"Yah Minho, come out already!" The same voice shouted from outside the room, snapping the both of them out of their staring.

Minho swallowed uncomfortably, unsure of what to say to the woman in front of him.

"It's your wedding day, your supposed happiest moment with the one you love and if it's possible, just put what I just said in the back of your mind and just focus on you two." Her slender hand fell from him as Minho moved and passed her, no more words exchanged between the two of them. Sulli turned,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter