That's what they called 'Romance'

For the Love of MinSul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

That's what they called 'Romance'

 

- - - -     

 

"Amount of smirks, teasing and flirting were what I’m always doing to her and Sulli thought of me being cocky and arrogant. For such a smart girl, she sure was clueless when it comes to romance. But actually not that you could call what we have a romance though." Minho.

 

 

 

"You're such a jerk." Said Sulli but she smiled at him.

Minho knew she wasn't really mad at him because when she's mad at him, which is a good ninety nine percent of the time she would give glares, scowls and pouting her lips while her cheeks turn red with anger as she would end up giving him the silent treatment. But when she smiles at him, she turns flirting. Sulli doesn't realize it, but she is. And she also doesn't realize it that Minho never miss a second to flirt back.

That's what Minho is doing when he gives her a smirk which is flirting. But Sulli thought he's just being cocky and arrogant, amongst other adjectives that mean pretty much the same meaning. For such a smart girl, she sure is clueless when it comes to romance.

Not that people could call what they have "romance" because in fact they were not even friends. But there was something between them. Something Minho didn’t quite understand but he knew it's there. He just knew it.

"And you're such a ." Said Minho.

It was usual in their old broken record. She would call him a jerk and he would call her a , usually Sulli will sure get hugely offended as she try to make Minho taking it back and when he refused to take it back, she would grumble something underneath her breath that he cannot hear but he was pretty sure it was an expletive before she gives up and leaves.

However, it was all different today. This time, the '' word didn't seem to faze her. Sulli still had that goofy smile on her face and Minho was beginning to think the smile had nothing to do with him.

"Nothing you can say or do will hurt me today, Minho." Said Sulli in an unusual, happy mood, at least to him.

Minho wasn't sure why, but the voice somehow irritated him. "Why are you so happy today?" Asked Minho, although he didn't want to know the answer because he didn't really care but somewhat there was something urge him to ask that.

"Because…." Replied Sulli and with a widening grin she added. "Joon asked me to marry him."

This news blew Minho away, blew his ing mind. Choi Joon, her boring-as-hell boyfriend, proposed to her? He was such a and she thought he's a jerk? She should look at her loser boyfriend. Sorry, a loser fiancé. He drove a goddamn Hummer and that was how much of an he is because he'd probably doesn't even spare for old ladies waiting to cross the street as the goddamn Hummer is moving in a crazy speed. What the . She was happy because Joon proposed to her?

"Oh yeah?" Minho's voice was cool, calm and no indication that he gave a damn. He glanced down at her fingers which were long and lean. Minho saw no traces of a ring anywhere. "Well then, where's the ring? Don't tell me he proposed to you without giving you a ring?"

"Oh, there was a ring." Said Sulli. Her eyes were sparkling in the sunlight and it was almost blinding. "It was huge. It must have cost him thousands of dollars."

Of course it must have. Choi Joon is damn rich. Usually he can be found spending his fortune in strip clubs like running water. Nice to know he'd set some aside to buy an engagement ring for his girl. Sulli didn't know about the strip clubs. Not that it would make a damn bit of difference if she knew, Minho bet. Because love is blind and amongst other things, stupid.

"Then why the hell aren't you wearing it?" Minho asked her. There was venom in his voice and he didn't know where it was coming from.

Minho saw Sulli began to glance at him suspiciously. Or maybe it was just his imagination?

"Because I haven't given him an answer yet." Replied Sulli.

Minho resisted the urge to roll his eyes. What kind of girl didn't give an answer to a question like that? Why would she have to even think about it? Choi Joon was a catch, rich, handsome. And with the promising future, she would never have to worry about money, she'd have it made in the shade. They would live in a mansion atop a secluded hill somewhere overlooking the city. They would have many kids and they all would look just like their mother. They would have vacation every year and trip all around the world. They would retire early the moment they turned forty and as soon as their kids were adults enough, they would move to somewhere heavenly where there is only the two of them alone.

"You're so stupid." Said Minho to Sulli. This time he didn't insult her, he was just stating the facts. "You know damn well your answer is going to be yes, so why the hell are you prolonging it?"

Sulli blinked and Minho almost swore, she looked like she's going to cry. But Minho thought he must be imagining things because he had said things a lot worse than this to her before and she didn't go to this extend as in shedding tear in front of him. But Sulli was quick to recover. She inhaled sharply and pursed her lips together.

"It's a pretty big decision," Said Sulli. "I need to know for sure that I'm making the right decision one. What if Joon is not the guy for me?"

'Typical woman' Thought Minho. Always waiting for something better to come along, right up until the very last minute. But this time, there was nothing better. Who could be better than Choi Joon?

Minho wasn't sure why but he felt like being an even bigger to Sulli than usual. Her indecision was pissing him off. Could she be any more of a stupid?

"Choi Joon is the only guy for you." Said Minho. "He's the only guy who has ever given you the time of day and he is most likely the only guy who ever will. If you slip this chance, you'll be passing up every chance you will ever have. If you tell him 'no', damn, you're a biggest idiot, Sulli. If you reject him, you'll grow to be an old woman who lives and dies alone. And if I were you, I wouldn't make him wait too long for your answer or else he might start to actually think about what he has done by offering his commitment to you for the rest of his life and realize what a horrible mistake he has made. So my advice to you, which I'm assuming is what you wanted here..... Go to tell him that your answer is 'yes', you will marry him. Just go, instead of wasting your precious time here gloating to me about it."

Harsh. Minho knew. But it had to be said.

Her smile had long since faded. Now her face held no emotion at all. Her expression was blank as her eyes closed briefly.

"Fair enough." That was all she uttered in a somewhat bitter voice. Her eyes reopened and they looked glossed over and Minho wondered briefly if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter