Breakup message

For the Love of MinSul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Breakup message

 

- - - -

 

Minho read the text message again and again with wide eyes.

"I think we should break up."

What! What the hell was that text message? As far as he knows, he hasn't done anything wrong, well, not recently. The last fight they had was about a week ago when she accused him of not giving her kisses before he leaves for work. And so he made sure to kiss her goodbye when he left their house this morning, so what the hell was wrong now. His girlfriend must be playing with him again. Hopefully, she's just playing with him again.

It was a busy day in the studio. Minho and s were doing the final recordings for the last two songs that were about to go in the album. They desperately needed to finish so that they could send the set of songs to their producer to finalize the list of songs going in the album. The last few months have been tough, from writing lyrics, finding the inspiration to write, composing the melody and whatnot, to recording. If things go as planned then SHINee might be able to release their album about 3 months time. At least that's what the company said to them. But it appeared to be going downhill for the group as their main rapper seemed to be going in some sort of shock.

"Minho! Come on man! You know that phones aren't allowed in the studio when we're recording!"

"Sorry hyung." Said Minho absentmindedly as he stared at the message on his phone.

With a defeated sigh from the manager, he reluctantly allowed the five guys to have a 10 minutes break to recompose themselves, muttering about deadlines and delays.

"Who was it? You suddenly got pale." Said Jonghyun, reaching for a water bottle.

Minho looked as his best friend, debating whether it was a good idea or not to tell him about his girlfriend's text. "What does it mean when your girlfriend texts you 'I think we should break up'?"

"Sulli wants to break up with you?" Jonghyun cried, glad that Minho broke the news to him before he could take a gulp from his drink.

"No! Well, I don't know!" Said Minho, feeling panic rise up again.

"Well, call her and ask her what's up?" Jonghyun told.

"I don't want to. What if she breaks up with me over the phone?"

Jonghyun gave Minho a deadpanned look. "Really? As opposed to getting dumped via text?"

With a sigh, Jonghyun gave Minho a pat in the back and just shook his head as he took a seat on the couch. He watched his best friend pace around the small room with a troubled look on his face. His friend was whipped. Sulli got him wrapped around not just her fingers, but probably her toes as well. Of course how can Jonghyun blame Minho for falling hard for Sulli. Love is powerful and that great. Moreover Sulli is pretty and adorable. She's exactly Minho's type and his dream girl.

Jonghyun still remembered when they first met Sulli in the company. Minho was instantly smitten with her charm. It was funny how he always tried to get her attention when she was around and damn annoying when he never stopped talking about her. But whatever it was, he'd always get her attention until finally, they became together.

These past few months. Sulli had been trying to monopolize a lot of Minho's time and demanding him to stay with her even despite she knew that they were busy working on the comeback. Minho said she's also being so touchy-feely as of late, so what's up with her now? If Jonghyun didn't know any better, he'd say that she was serious about the break up but as he did know better, she's probably playing Minho.

But his best friend would somehow always turn silly when it came to his girlfriend. Sigh. Jonghyun looked at Minho from his position on the couch. The younger boy was still pacing like he was waiting for a judge to pass down a sentence on him. Jonghyun tried to suppress a snigger but failed as he heard Minho muttering to himself.

"If you're so worried, just go and talk to her." Said Jonghyun.

"That would've been a good idea if we weren't in the middle of recording." Said Minho, wondering if his hyung was trying to help him or not.

"Don't give me that 'are you trying to help me or not' look. I'm serious. Go to her and ask her what's up."

"That's creepy. How did you know I was thinking that?" Asked Minho.

"Oh please, Sulli isn't the only one who can read the expressions on your face. And we've been friends for a long time. I can practically predict what you'll say next at times." Sometimes Jonghyun really worried for Minho's mental state. It's not that he's stupid, he's just in love. "I'll cover for you. Just go now and fix whatever you did wrong."

"I didn't do anything! Well, not that I recall." Said Minho and he pulled on his jacket and sneaked out the studio. "Oh, and thanks hyung." He said as the door closed behind him.

Jonghyun smiled and wondered what excuse he'll have to tell their manager and members when they find out Minho's gone missing. An idea popped up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter