It’s you

For the Love of MinSul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It’s you

 

- - - -

 

"OK, time is up!" Professor Park announced that the examination came to an end.

Sulli groaned as she tried to write the answer in.

"Write any harder and you'll make fire." Said Amber. She chuckled as she passed by Sulli's desk.

Sulli didn't have time to shoot her a glare but she made a mental note to poke her after she finish this sentence.

"Sulli, time's up! Get your paper up here." Called Prof. Park. Students filed out of the classroom one by one, passing him their completed tests.

Hopelessly, Sulli put her pen down and took a deep breath. Fine. That's OK. She just didn't finish a few questions. She wouldn’t get that low of a mark. As she made her way to give away her test, Sulli glanced down at her sheet and nearly had a heart attack. There were eight questions right there she missed.

"Thank you." The Prof. plucked the sheet right out of Sulli's hands while she stared at it in horror.

Sulli snapped back to reality. "No sir wait…."

"I'm sure you did fine, Sulli. You always pass."

"You call 51 percent a pass?" Grumbled Sulli as she stalked back to her seat and grabbed her bag. Sighing, she stepped out of the classroom and made it her personal mission to find Amber and poke the laughter out of her puny body.

Sulli saw her a few feet away. "Amber…." But someone suddenly stopped right in front of her. She felt her heart give an almighty pound when she smelled a familiar scent that usually sent her emotions into haywire.

"You scared me." Said Sulli, putting a hand over her heart. She doubted that his sudden appearance was actually the cause of her heart beating rapidly. It was probably due to the fact that just his presence and smell rode her head of any rational thought she had ever had.

In response, he grinned dazzlingly and wrapped his arms around her in the familiar hug she had always felt safe in. "Hey babe. How did your test go?" He leaned against the wall pulling Sulli with him so that they didn't block anyone way. She landed on his chest and tried to ignore her face heating up.

"Horrible." Muttered Sulli against the crook of his neck. She felt him tighten his grip. "I missed like eight questions. I know I'm going to fail again."

He chuckled. "You studied forever on that crap. You're not going to fail."

Sulli lifted her head and shot him a tiny glare. "You said that about my other test. And I failed."

He grinned sheepishly. "OK, so that was my fault. I distracted you during your reviewing for that test. But I wasn't with you this weekend so you must've got some studying done for this one. So don't worry."

Sulli paused before nodding. He didn't need to know that she was actually too busy missing his that she hardly picked up her pencil and memorized any lessons. Well, who could blame her? He was off for days to the State visiting his relatives.

Sulli stopped the train of thought and sighed softly, just leaning against him. It felt so good to be in his embrace and he buried his face in her hair.

"I missed you." He murmured, kissing that sensitive spot behind her ear. Sulli shivered against him and she felt him smile against her skin.

"I missed you, too. How was your trip? Anything interesting happen?" Asked Sulli.

"Babe, nothing is ever interesting without you around." He drawled, pulling back to look at her face. Sulli scoffed but the smile on her face gave it away. His grin lowered to a smirk as he brushed a strand of hair from her face. "But really, I couldn't stop thinking about you. I know you missed me more than you want to admit." He grinned suggestively.

"Oh don't feel nice now." Said Sulli and then she laughed when he made a face. She dodged his hand and broke out of his embrace.

Amber walked up to them and smiled. "Ah the lovely couple. What're you two up to after class?"

"I don't know. I don't want to find out. Probably going home." Said Sulli, teasing her boyfriend as she cowered beside Amber and he neared them.

"Amber, can you…?" He raised his eyebrows.

Sulli watched them confusedly as Amber smirked wider and nodded. Suddenly, the tomboy turned around and locked Sulli by the arms.

Sulli gasped, struggling to escape. "Yah Amber, you traitor!" Exclaimed Sulli as she laughed. She gave in. "OK, OK, I still have class after this and…."

"And?" He grinned and had her locked in his arms. Sulli knew she was blushing profusely, even as she struggled against his hold.

"Where's my good morning kiss, sweetheart?" He murmured.

"You don't deserve it." Hissed Sulli, glaring at him a little. But he just winked and leaned forward, capturing her lips with his in a soft kiss.

"You're going to make my breakfast come back up." Said Amber in a pained voice. They broke away and Sulli giggled nervously.

"OMG! Minho!" Exclaimed in surprise Sulli when her boyfriend suddenly swooped her up. Amber laughed and Sulli sputtered. Minho firmly carried her as she tried to escape. "Put me down, Minho. People are looking." Said Sulli in a hiss, face burning brightly. "And where are you taking me?"

"Where else?" Said Minho in his low bedroom voice.

"We're in the campus." Said Sulli, horrified. "What's wrong with you?"

Minho stopped walking and kissed Sulli hard on the lips. She was gasping heavily for air by the time he finished mauling . Sulli felt hot with embarrassment when she realized a crowd gathered hooting and laughing. She gave Minho a reprimanding look and he just shrugged.

"Babe. Seriously, five days without you? What are you, insane?" Said Minho.

"You went on twenty one of years without seeing my face." Said Sulli. He just smirked and continued to walk. She grumbled under her breath. "You're sick in the head. Aren't you tired?" She exclaimed worriedly and tried to get him to stop. Minho studiously ignored her.

Sighing, Sulli just leaned against his chest and she heard him let out a breath. An idea suddenly popping in her mind. They were in the stairwell which Sulli had no doubt that he was heading towards his car and drive them somewhere more private.

Sulli leaned forward and began to his neck slowly, the way she knew drove him crazy.

Minho took a sharp intake of air and his steps faltered. "Sulli! What are you you doing?" Asked Minho dangerously quiet.

Sulli grinned against his skin and pressed an open mouth kiss before answering. "Giving my boyfriend a good morning kiss, what else?"

Sulli laughed when Minho growled under his breath.

"Don't tempt me, Sulli. You don't know how close I am to…."

Sulli gave Minho a saccharine grin. "Really? Close to losing control?"

Minho exhaled sharply, giving Sulli a reproving look. "I'm the one baring your morals in mind here. I've got no problem taking you here right now, at this moment."

Her grin fell and she grumbled. "Fine."

Minho chuckled triumphantly and pressed a kiss on her temple. Sulli relaxed in his arms and closed her eyes. She honestly missed him so much and seeing him felt like a glass of water after days in the desert.

They made it to his car and Minho silently helped Sulli to her feet. He had a thing where he had spontaneous moments when he carried her in his arms.

"You're a liar." Said Minho as he started the car and Sulli turned to him with a raised eyebrow. "You've got a spare, Sulli. You think I'd forget that? Class my ."

Sulli chuckled and she , "Then how else was I supposed to get rid of you?"

Minho growled under his breath but said nothing else. The comfortable silence stretched, even as they both knew what was going to proceed after this. Sulli tried to ignore the familiar build of excitement in her chest and tried to stop herself from shifting too much.

Minho noticed though. God, that .

"Uncomfortable, sweetheart?" Smirked Minho at Sulli for a moment before turning back to the road.

"Not at all." Said Sulli, not missing a beat. "And yourself?"

Minho flashed a smile. "Perfectly at ease."

Sulli secretly smiled as she didn't doubt him. They drove around for a while until they reached the park. Sulli gave Minho a look but he just grinned brilliantly and got out of the car. Sulli followed suit and almost immediately, he was at her side with his arm casually wrapped around her waist.

Sulli snuggled against him comfortably. "Have the sudden urge to swing?"

"No. I want to make out on the grass."

Sulli immediately elbowed Minho and laughed when she heard him groan in pain.

"Fine, I just want to hold you." Said Minho.

"You are holding me now." Pointed out Sulli as her eyes twinkled. His response was a sighed smile and he leaned down to kiss her cheek. Sulli smiled. "But I guess it'll be fun. I mean, reading a book or hanging out with my boyfriend… what to choose?"

"Do you even have to ask?" Muttered Minho under his breath as they approached a secluded area. Sulli sat down and Minho followed suit. "So what happened this weekend when I wasn't around?" Asked Minho, absentmindedly playing with her hair. "Tell me everything."

"Well, I went to the library and borrowed five more books. You know, to help me for the test. But a load that helped." Said Sulli in matter of fact tones. She rolled her eyes, leaning on his chest. She felt him chuckling. "I went to work and we got someone new to teach swimming. He's teaching the grade above me. Well, he's pretty easygoing to chat with."

Minho stopped playing with her hair. "He?"

Sulli laughed a little at Minho's dark jealous tone. "Yes, he."

"He better be a fifty year old balding man." Muttered Minho.

"Actually, he's around our age." Corrected Sulli. Grinning slyly as she tilted her head back to look at Minho upside down. "I'd love to touch his biceps any day."

Minho growled under his breath. "I think I'll come to work with you tomorrow." Announced Minho, his eyes glinting dangerously. "And you are better wearing a shirt and shorts over your bathing suit when you teach those kids."

"It's not like you complained before."

"That was before this new guy had to come."

"Minho, he's not interested in me." Said Sulli. Actually she didn't have to mention about this new guy's comments or scorching eyes on her every move.

Lord knew how Minho was going to react.

"He better not be." Said Minho.

Giggling at his pouting expression, Sulli tilted her head up and kissed his chin. Minho instantly lost his moody face and looked down at her with a softened expression before kissing her lips in return.

"He's an idiot for not being interested in you." Said Minho at last.

Minho and Sulli had been dating for a steady eight months. Honestly, her initial feeling towards him was some level of hatred. She wouldn't say that she hated him with a passion but she hated who she thought he was. Well, technically was, Sulli hated how arrogant Minho always seemed to be and overconfident about his abilities… in whatever. He was typically the type of person Sulli strived to avoid.

Fate made her stumbled and ended up falling for him.

 

- - - -

 

Sulli avidly watched her students flap around in the shallow ends of the pool. "OK, guys. On your back now." She called out, getting their attention.

She crossed her arms over her chest and looked up for a split second and smiled when she saw Lee Jonghyun at her waving. Yes, this new guy, the one she mentioned to Minho the other day. Sulli waved back before turning to her students. At the side of the pool she saw her students were currently splashing each other in.

"Hey!" Called out Sulli, getting into the water. "What do you think you're all doing?"

"He kicked me when I was on my back." Jaemi wailed, pointing at Jimmy.

"I was just trying to stay on my back." The boy protested, shooting daggers at Jaemi.

Sulli smiled. "OK, Jaemi, it was just an accident. But please, don't splash each other with water." And then she paused, realizing what she said sounded ridiculous. They were barely eight and were in a pool. How could they not splash each other?

Both kids stared at her, their faces mirroring her thoughts. Smiling, Sulli corrected, "I mean, that's not right to start a fight in the water. In whatever way you are supposed to get along, sweeties. OK, so enough of floating on your backs. Who's having trouble with that? I'll help you out."

Her eyes snagged a certain small head staring at the pool. He was actually Sulli's special project. His mother spoke to her in the beginning saying that he didn't want to learn swimming, but his parents insisted. He was a shy, cute little thing. Despite his reluctance, he always did as he was told.

"Yoogeun? Are you OK with it?" Asked Sulli gently.

The boy stared at her with soulful eyes before shaking his head. She smiled and walked over to him.

"I keep sinking." Said Yoogeun in his quiet voice.

"That's OK, sweetheart. I'll help you out." Said Sulli and then she turned to the others. "OK, kids. Remember how to glide? On your left, please. Back and forth twice. When you're done, stay against the wall."

With one eye trained on her class, Sulli turned to Yoogeun.

"Alright, sweetie. Now lean back. Don't worry about sinking. I've got your back. Yeah, just like that. Now, relax your body and let your arms hang free at your sides."

Sulli positioned his body before she slowly let go and smiled brightly at him when he stared back at her with lit up eyes.

"There you go!" Exclaimed Sulli. She chuckled. "Wasn't that easy?"

Yoogeun got to his feet and nodded.

Sulli glanced at the clock. "Okay everyone, we've got five more minutes. I want to see your glides on your back right now. Ready?"

Five minutes later, the kids got out of the pool. She watched them critically, making sure that none of them were running, before she got out of the pool herself.

Sulli grabbed her pink towel and wrapped it around herself and she felt a pair of strong arms encircle her waist.

"This is why you're amazing." He murmured, pulling her tight against him.

Sulli turned her head, pleasantly surprised. "Minho! Hi, what are you doing here?"

Minho grinned lazily. "Didn't I say I would come by?"

"Well, yeah, but I didn't think you were…"

Minho kissed her nose and winked. "I wanted to see you, of course. I was watching you the whole time."

Sulli flushed. "Really?" She frantically tried to remember anything embarrassing she had done in the pool. But when he smiled down at her, she didn't think it mattered.

Minho looked over her shoulder, his expression faraway. "You're really great with kids, did you know that?" Said Minho, turning back to look at her. "I saw you with that kid. That was pretty… heart melting sight." His voice was soft and his eyes were intent and she couldn't stop the blush that rose to her face.

"It's my job." Said Sulli, trying to brush off his compliment. "No big deal."

Minho shook his head, a tender smile on his face. "It is a big deal, babe. You'll be a great mother."

Sulli smiled and squeezed him before letting go. "Hey, you smell sweat. Were you probably at the gym before coming here?"

"It should be sweet you were supposed to say babe." Said Minho and smirked. He pulled her back to him. "And even if I smell sweat, there is no big deal. We can always clean ourselves toge…."

Sulli smacked his arm. "Keep your comments to yourself." Said Sulli, trying to avert her eyes from his y grin. "Gosh, Minho."

Minho chuckled and he gave Sulli a loud kiss on her lips that literally had her burning from embarrassment when people turned their way. "Never." Uttered Minho.

Sulli rolled her eyes and began to drag him off, trying to stop herself from smiling. "Whatever, sweetheart….I'm going to go and shower, alright? It won't be more than fifteen minutes."

By Sulli returned, she grew confused when she saw Jonghyun and Minho talking. For once in forever, this was the very first time, Sulli saw Minho wasn't like his usual self. There seemed to be something wrong. His face was serious and unsmiling, she couldn't read it and while Jonghyun just looked at him coolly.

Sulli didn't like how that looked.

She hurried over. "Hey guys." Said Sulli brightly, ignoring the fact that she just stopped them from mid-conversation.

Minho stared at Jonghyun, his face straight. "You didn't tell me he was working here."

Sulli grew puzzled. "But I…."

Jonghyun cut in smoothly, smiling charmingly at her. "We grew up together."

Sulli's jaw dropped. "Really? That's fantastic!" She took another look at their unpleasant expression and hastily fixed her words. "Er… to be seeing someone from your childhood. Am I right, Minho?" Asked Sulli, nudging him.

Minho's face hardened before he abruptly gripped Sulli's wrist. "We're going."

Sulli only managed to make a confused or probably apologetic face to Jonghyun who just nodded in understanding. She turned, trying to keep up with Minho. "Hey…hey…Minho!" Sulli yanked his hand. "What's up with you, Mr. I'm Going To Turn Cold?"

Minho stopped at his car and whirled around. Sulli found herself pressed up against his vehicle. He stared at her, his eyes searching before his forehead leaned against hers.

"What's wrong?" Asked Sulli softly, staring into his eyes.

Minho breathed out before shutting his eyes. "He just really pisses me off. I can't believe that that guy is working with you."

Sulli smiled and kissed his cheek. "Hey, he's not bad." She said, trying to cheer him up. "He's very friendly."

"Too friendly." Scowled Minho.

They got into the car but they didn't drive anywhere yet. Sulli watched Minho from the corner of her eye and she knew there was something going on with him.

"Want to talk about it?" Asked Sulli after five minutes of complete silence. "It helps, you know."

"I know." Said Minho, his face still troubled. Sulli reached out to touch his arm and he let out a breath. "Remember when I met you?" Said Minho lowly, his eyes trained forward but Sulli knew he was looking at something she couldn't see. "Throwing myself into parties and all that crap….. it was because of him."

"Him?" Asked Sulli confusedly.

Minho shook his head. "He hates me. Always has. He didn't think I was good enough."

"For what?" Asked Sulli timidly, suddenly afraid where this was going.

"Her..." His voice was barely audible and Sulli suddenly froze as she listened in rapt horrid fascination. "If he's here… then that means….she's also here."

Sulli just stared at his broad shoulder and absentmindedly found herself nodding. "Yeah. It was because of her… because you loved her."

Minho nodded.

That was all they said before they drove to her house silently. Sulli stared out of the window, contemplating what they had talked and piece of information from his past which Minho used to tell her once before they started their relationship.

Jonghyun's younger sister….she was Minho's first love, a girl who had held his heart. Unfortunately Minho was never been favored by her family, apparently Jonghyun seemed to have thing against his sister's boyfriend. One day, they moved abruptly without warning him and she told him it was best if they broke up.

Sulli held her eyes close, the thought just slammed her so hard that she almost lost air in her lungs.

What if Minho still loved her?

Sulli immediately pushed that thought away and focused on the scenery. They got to her house and he got out. Minho always walked Sulli to her door, even when she insisted it was okay.

Sulli didn't reach for Minho's hand like she usually would and he didn't either. He looked too deep in thought to be bothered.

"Well, thanks." Said Sulli, smiling, trying to keep up a cheery front. "And um… When you're ready to talk." She nodded to him. "I'm here."

Minho's face settled and the familiar smile that made her heart beat, slowly appeared on his face. "I know." Said Minho, pulling her close and kissed her lips softly. "I know, babe. Thanks."

 

- - - -

 

The new student in the campus was a beautiful girl with wavy brown hair and bright eyes that captured everyone's gaze in a trance. Sulli would know as she noticed guys drooling on their laps without blinking.

"It's a bit late in the semester." Whispered Amber, eyeing the new student. "Status?"

Sulli smiled halfheartedly. "She looks nice enough. But her looks would have her recruited by the popular group." Sulli didn't need to add that she actually knew who she was, this new student was Jonghyun's younger sister.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter