Dogs visit

For the Love of MinSul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dogs visit


- - - -


Sulli heard the flip-click of her doggy door and smiled. "It's about time you came inside." She said toward the kitchen, expecting to see her dog come trotting in. But instead, she just heard her little soft bark that she used when she was out of water, or when she couldn't get her favorite ball out from under the sofa.

"Byul ah...." Sulli called out, but the only answer was another bark. With sigh smile, she got up from her chair. "Coming, my queen." Sulli walked into the kitchen and stopped short. Byul stood there wagging happily at her and by her side was a pretty golden retriever, wagging right along.

"Well, hello there." Said Sulli with an uncertain smile.

This was the first time a strange dog had come in through the pet door by her house with Byul and Sulli hoped this wasn't going to be a common occurrence. She was actually a little nervous around dogs. She only had Byul for around a year, since her bestfriend had surprised her one day with the wriggling little puppy after she broke up with her ex. The only reason she kept Byul because it was nice to come home and have someone who was so happy to see her. Now, of course, she couldn't imagine her life and her home without the little bundle of energy. Still, one dog was plenty.

"Who's your friend, Byul?" Byul barked happily and Sulli laughed when the other dog followed with a bark of his own. "Oh wow... hi, you have such a great energy, doesn't you? Nice to meet you." She knelt cautiously and both dogs came to her and nuzzled and her outstretched hands. "Okay, so you're a nice guy. Byul has a good taste. Now, where do you belong?" She rubbed the retriever's neck, feeling along his collar for tags. "Ah, here it is. Let me see if you have any name and address of where you live." Sulli held the tag up to the light while the dog sniffed her cheek. "Yah cut that out, you flirt. Okay, no name but you live down the road." She gave the retriever's head one last rub and stood.

Byul nudged the other dog's head and they played together, bouncing and yipping soft little yips.

Sulli stood watching them, glad to see Byul having fun, but unhappy with her kitchen becoming the new neighborhood dog hangout.

"Byul!" Said Sulli in her mom-means-business voice, and her dog sat obediently, looking up at her with her tongue lolling as if she knew she was cute. "Take your friend to play outside." Byul tilted her head and bowed. Sulli chuckled. "You con artist. Okay, one treat for you and one for you(?)…well I'll just call you Bark for now. But you eat them outside." She pulled two doggie-treats from the canister by the fridge and handed them out. The retriever followed Byul back out through the pet door.

"Well, that might have been a mistake." Said Sulli softly to herself. "I'll probably have all the dogs in here wanting treats tomorrow."


- - - -


Minho heard his dog scratching at the back door and he shook his head with a frown. Jack still didn't always remember to come in through the pet door. He got up from the table, shutting his laptop and pulled open the door. "Jack, you know you're not supposed to-- oh, well, hello there!"

Jack had brought along a companion who followed him into the kitchen. The little dog sat and held up a paw which literally made Minho smile. "Good manners. I like that in a dog. And you look safe enough. Clean, nice collar..." He sat down on the floor and took a discreet glance as he took the offered paw for a gentle shake. "Aha... A pretty girl. Jack, you're a cad."

Jack wagged and jumped into Minho's lap for his regular belly-rub as the other dog sat there and watched. "Okay, you come here!" Minho smiled as he gave her a turn.

Jack didn't hold still as he jumped up and hopped around in front of Minho, then went to the cabinet where the doggie biscuits were stored and sat in front of it with his hopeful face.

"You're acting like this when you just bring a friend here!" Said Minho and he smirked. He checked the dog's tag. "I suppose we should be neighbor, shouldn't we?" He got up from the floor with a weary groan, then got out two biscuits and handed them out. "Now scram, you two. I've got work to do."


- - - -


Sulli woke up the next morning, yawning and stretching. It was holiday so she enjoyed waking up without the alarm. She lay there for a few minutes in delicious comfort, then got up and padded to the kitchen for the water. She carried the glass with her as she went back down the hall to her bedroom.

"Morning, Byulie baby." Cooed Sulli as she almost crawled back into her bed when she froze. She looked back at Byul's bed and blinked. She rubbed her eyes as if she was seeing thing but no. "Bark? Is that you? What are you doing here, boy?"

The dog wagged and panted up at her.

"Where is Byul?"

He stood and barked, then turned a circle or two and laid back down.

"Oh no you don't, mister." Said Sulli and then she called for her dog. When there was no answering clatter of toenails in the hallway she went looking through the house and then called out the back door.
Nothing.

It didn't help her worry one bit that Bark just stood there by her side while she yelled, looking happy as a clam. Sulli did a little muttering to herself as she threw on some clothes and ran a brush through her hair.

"Come on, Bark." Grumbled Sulli as she found Byul's leash and snapped it onto his collar. "If you think you're moving in, you've got another thing coming. I'm taking you home."

The dog just gave a short happy bark and trotted along willingly as she pulled open the front door and stepped out onto the porch.

At least it was a nice morning. Sulli thought as she walked down the street behind Bark. But where in the world was Byul? Out on a morning stroll of her own? Her dog didn't usually go out wandering alone unless it was with Sulli. At this time she'd be at the kitchen and asked for breakfast already.

Sulli stopped and bent to look at Bark's tag again. 1209, the house number. She looked at the house beside her. "1207, 1208…." She counted. "There it is, 1209." The blue house with the Jeep in the driveway. Good, somebody was home. She headed for the blue house and as she passed the fence in front of 1208, she saw a man sitting on the porch steps with her dog beside him.

"Byul!" Sulli cried out happily and her dog came running as the man stood up.

"Jack!"

The retriever strained at the leash and Sulli unsnapped him, bending to wrap her arms around a very excited Byul. The next thing she knew there were feet beside her, and legs, and she looked up to see a very disgruntled neighbor.

"What were you doing with my dog?" He asked angrily.

"Bringing him home." Sulli retorted. "What were you doing with mine?"

"Wishing her tag had an address or phone number. It does me no good to know her name is Byul but don't know where she belongs." He reprimanded and Sulli stood up slowly.

"If you would've turned the tag over, you'd see her information on the back, thank you very much." Said Sulli stiffly. "And I don't suppose you know why your dog was in my bedroom this morning, sleeping in Byul's bed as if he belonged there?"

Finally the man had the grace to look uncertain. "Uh, no... was he really?"

"He certainly was. And Byul was nowhere to be found."

"She was on the porch when I came out. I recognized her and I was just sitting here wondering what to do next when you came."

"Recognized her?"

"Jack brought her by the other day. I think they're pals."

"Who's Jack?" Asked Sulli and then blushed at her own stupidity as he nodded toward his dog who was playing in the yard with Byul.

"Oh. Bark."

"Excuse me? Did you just... bark at me?"

Sulli looked up to see his confusion and grimaced with embarrassment. "I was calling him Bark."

"Oh." He ran a hand through his messy hair. "Because I was going to say, that's the worst dog impression I've ever heard."

"Thanks." Said Sulli with a sarcastic smile and held out her hand. "I'm Sulli. I live down the street."

"Minho." They shook hands. "Which house? So I'd know where to bring Byul if this happens again?"

"1214. It's pale green with white shutters." Minho nodded as she went on. "But I don't really want this becoming a habit. Can't you keep your dog at home?" She cringed as she realized how bossy and superior she sounded but it was too late. His scowl was back.

"Oh, I'll keep him at home. And you'll keep your little floozy at home too, right?"

"Floozy!" Sulli gasped.

"Well, she's chasing Jack around, waiting for him on the porch, what would you call it?" Said Minho.

Sulli felt her face reddening with anger and s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter