His kiss

For the Love of MinSul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

His kiss

 

- - - -

 

Sulli looked into his eyes, knowing she had expected this moment. She had expected from the very beginning. She knew what they had, was never going to last. Their relationship had almost been a countdown in her head, all of it leading up to this. The grand finale. Sulli supposed she ought to be grateful that he was even bothering to do it face-to-face.

"We're too different Sulli, don't you think so?" He said, his hands running up and down her arms. "I mean, it was fun for a while but who were we kidding? You are you, and I'm, well, me."

Sulli flinched back from his touch, taking several steps back, holding her hands out in front of her. She had her eyes closed as she took a deep breath, steeling herself before looking up. He was not going to get the satisfaction of seeing her cry, the jerk.

"Fine." Said Sulli shrugging, careful to keep her voice nonchalant and not affected.

He looked surprised that she was taking it so well and Sulli suddenly felt her resolve to keep from bursting to tears.

Sulli waited until he gave her a hesitant nod, muttered, "Right, so that's done." And with that, he walked out her front door and out of her life before she crumbled.

Sulli reached for her phone, dialing the number of the only guy she knew she could depend on.

He picked up on the second ring. "Ssul? It's really late." He sounded sleepy, making Sulli glance to the digital clock by her bed. It read 2am.

Sulli sniffed, keeping her tears in check, comforted by just his deep, warm voice. He always had that affect on her. Sulli let out a shaky breath.

"Sorry oppa." She mumbled. "I'll call you tomorrow."

"Are you crying?" He sounded more alert now, concern coloring his voice, before it hardened with anger, "What did that do now?!"

"N-No, you're right, it's late." Said Sulli, sniffing again, wanting so badly for him to be next to her but she couldn't be careless about him needing his own rest. "I'll talk to you tomorrow, Minho."

"I'm coming over." Minho stated simply, before the line went dead.

Sulli put the phone down, knowing she should feel guilty for disturbing him but she didn't. She needed Minho. If he ever needed her like this she would do the same for him, not that he ever did. Sometimes Sulli wondered why Minho kept her around, it made no sense since he gained almost nothing for being her friend.

Minho had plenty of friends, popular, the best-known as a sweetheart to everyone he knew or didn't know and then there was her, not really favored by everyone, having a small circle of friends, with him at the center of her social life. They just didn't fit, though they had been best friends for more than ten years now.

Sulli was alone only about twenty minutes when felt her mattress shift as Minho climbed onto it. Immediately, she moved into his arms, burying her face in his familiar chest, breathing in the scent of his cologne, smiling as she realized he had actually thought to spray something on himself before coming over.

Minho wrapped his arms around Sulli as well, his fingers combing through her long hair, again and again. He had always had a strange habit of playing with her hair. She found it endearing and it made her feel closer to him so she never protested.

"I'm going to kill him." Swore Minho solemnly, his large brown eyes glinting in the little moonlight that lit her room. "What did he do to you, Ssul? If he laid one finger on you…" His voice dragged off, dangerously low.

Sulli shook her head quickly. "No! He would never hit me!"

Minho snorted. "Sure he wouldn't or he would find himself digging his own grave if he dare to touch you." He said darkly. "Now are you going to tell me what he did or do I need to go find him and ask?"

Sulli could tell the threat in Minho's words was real and so she quickly responded, "We broke up."

Minho sighed. "Oh, well that's good then."

"Oppa!" Sulli protested, shocked. "I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter