Bundle of joy

For the Love of MinSul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bundle of joy

 

- - - -

 

Minho peered over the white baby crib. His large brown eyes softened at the small bundle of heaven lying there, dressed in Disney's Baby Mickey Mouse overall, getting ready for bedtime.

The little one seemed restless and still energetic, playing happily with his little stuffed animal. When the little angel noticed his present, he turned to Minho with his wide round eyes and then a huge toothless smile broke into the baby's cute face.

Minho smiled softly at his son's reassuring touch of familiarity and stuck out his forefinger to him. The infant made a sweet gurgling sound and wrapped his tiny fingers around the young father's forefinger, playing with it gleefully.

Minho's heart warmed at the touch. There was nothing sweeter than capping off a long day in special bonding with his son.

"How is my little sport?" Cooed Minho and lifted his son off the crib. He held him high in the air and the baby whopped with exultation and joy.

Playing Superman was definitely the sweet little boy's favorite, he loved the feeling of getting lifted in the air and flying around the room. When Minho finally settled down, he started pecking the little one's tummy, tickling him. The baby giggled uncontrollably and squealed with delight.

Magical didn't even begin to describe the emotion he felt having his little angel smile and laugh.

"Daddy misses you so much, little boy." Said Minho as he kissed his little one's cheek and cradled him tenderly in his strong arms.

Minho went over the crib and reached for his son's favorite little plush toy, the soft white bunny and held it to him. He sat on the beanbag nearby the windowsill and settled his little one on his lap while the baby played with his white bunny, wiggling and drooling over it. The young father smiled and rubbed his son's back gently.

"Being a father is quite challenging, buddy. Don't you think so?!" Said Minho to his son. "I never thought changing your diapers can be quite hard and I have to learn to swaddle you, bundle you up burrito-style like a pro. But I'm happy to experience all this, happy to have you in my life."

Minho leaned over to kiss the baby's forehead. "You know baby, I relish all significant memories of holding and cuddling you like this because you're not going to stay this small forever."

Minho didn't remember the exact moment but yet he still could because he still felt the amazement, the feeling of completeness since the first moment he held his newborn son.

Minho admitted it, when he first found out about his wife's pregnancy, he was overwhelmed with mixture of anticipation and anxiousness. The pregnancy wasn't planned and he wasn't even ready to become a father.

Although Minho grew up in a completed family, receiving all the love and care from his father but the thought of himself to be one entitled as a father, the one who was going to give exactly what his father offered throughout his childhood years were completely a nerve-racking moment to him to even think about. Minho was too nervous that he might fail for being a good father as many negative thoughts just crossed his mind all the time. And for that reason he had to admit, hearing his wife's pregnancy was sort of underwhelming.

But the moment Minho laid eyes on the bundle of joy in his wife's arms at the hospital bed nine months ago, his heart immediately melted. He was in awe of the miracle. Their little one was so tiny, so perfect in every ways. And when Minho held him in his arms, a wave of love and warmth coursed through him. At that brief second, Minho knew he would protect his little one and deeply love him forever just as much as he loved his wife.

"Daddy won't leave you." Said Minho as he the baby's soft chubby cheek. "I promise."

Minho still remembered the first time they brought the baby home, he couldn't even sleep a wink for few days. Not that he'd ever try but Minho just wanted to watch his little angel every minute of every day. The sweet little bundle was constantly in his mind whenever he was at work. Minho didn't want to miss a minute of his first son.

He still remembered the first time his baby opened his eyes, they were clear and round, just like himself. And the first time the little guy laughed when Minho and his wife had launched a giant ticklefest on his tummy. It was the most precious moments ever.

"Da...da..."

Minho broke through his trance and looked down at his son. The adorable little one somehow managed to crawl up to his father's chest and looked up at him with his curious wide eyes. Minho smiled wistfully at him, he was definitely the replica of himself, having inherited his small face and large eyes, yet the clear evidence that he also had his mother's cute nose and lips.

Minho leaned over and kissed his tiny nose, the baby responded with a gigantic smile and reached out to touch his father's cheek. A surge of love flooded through Minho, he had never thought having a baby could be this joyful.

After a while of playtime, the baby cuddled up to his father's chest and start

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter