Coffee and Tea

For the Love of MinSul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Coffee and Tea

 

 

- - - -

 

 

Minho hated the smell of coffee. By the time he realized this, it was too late. He had already stepped into the coffee shop. The dark, nutty smell was so strong that it could knock his socks off.

Minho curled his lips unstoppably as he sat down in a free table and waited. Ever since he got in a car accident, his life had revolved around waiting. Waiting for his doctor. Waiting to get result of examination, waiting and waiting. At time his eyes would squint shut, temples throbbing, as if he was about to sneeze. That everlasting feeling of reaching but not grasping was very frustrated.

Yes, Minho had certainly changed since his accident. Sometimes, he would forget things. It made everyone angry, which in turn made him angry, too.

Tapping his foot restlessly, Minho leaned back in his chair. His head hurt and the smell of coffee didn't help.

Minho was jolted out of his thoughts as the chair across from him squeaked. A woman with a red scarf rounding her neck sat down and waved over the waitress.

"Excuse me?" Said Minho as politely as he could. "But I'm waiting for someone."

She looked over at him, her eyebrows arched and then she smiled. "I'll be out of your hair, soon."

"But--"

The waitress arrived, looking very smart and eager in her white shirt and black apron. "What can I get for the two of you?"

"One iced caramel latte and one hibiscus tea." She ordered crisply, glancing up with a sweet smile at the waitress.

Minho regarded her suspiciously as the waitress hurried off. She was familiar with this place. When she looked at him, he quickly looked down. At that moment he wished he brought something to read.

"I ordered for you." Said the woman and her hands were folded neatly on the table.

Minho looked up and frowned. "You didn't need to."

"Do you like hibiscus tea?" She asked tentatively, looking like she had hoped to please him.

"It's better than coffee." Replied Minho and she nodded. "I will pay." He added.

She smiled. Minho noticed she did that a lot. It made her face look radiant. He admitted she was pretty and just a mere smile could paint her more even prettier.

"So this is kind of like a date." She commented.

Actually Minho didn't offer to pay for hers. It was a misconception that he didn't bother to correct. It would have been rude to do so. "I'm waiting for someone." He told her purposefully.

"I'm waiting for someone, too." She said with an understandable nod.

This surprised Minho. "Then why are you sitting with me?"

"It's good to have some company while we're both waiting, isn't it?" She said and unwound the long, red scarf from her neck. She smiled at him again. "You looked like you really weren't enjoying yourself."

Their orders arrived and were placed neatly before them. The hibiscus smelled s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter