Proposal

For the Love of MinSul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Proposal

 

- - - -

 

"Excuse me!"

A male voice called for her but she didn't hear what he said at first. He came up closer and stood near her, looking down at her questioningly but all she could hear was the music that coming through her headphones until she felt a presence of someone near her. She pressed pause on her music and pulled the ear buds out.

Looking up, she excused herself, "I'm sorry, what?"

The guy smiled and spoke, "Is anyone sitting here?"

Momentarily, her eyes rested on him to take in his appearance. He was standing in front of her at a table in a college dorm cafeteria. He didn't look like a creepy guy, in contrary he was a good looking male, in average tall height with fluffy black hair. He had a pair of cute round eyes which could easily charm women to have them weakened in their knees. A plaid shirt buttoned over broad shoulders tucked in handsomely in gray pants. But then she had to chastise herself for overanalyzing. He probably just wanted to take the chair.

"Nope. The chair is vacant." She replied to his question.

The guy smiled impishly. "Then mind if I join you?"

She was too surprised by his response. She glanced around the area, there were many seats available and she was just confused why he wanted to join her, the stranger as she supposed they were. But then all she managed to respond was a few stutters of a "Uh… okay."

He pulled his backpack off his shoulders and plopped it down onto the ground next to him before setting his tray of lunch down and settling in across from her.

She shook her head slightly, as if trying to shake herself out of something. "I'm sorry but do I know you?" She asked.

The guy shook his head. "No, you definitely don't know me.…" He paused and for a split second she wondered if he was going to leave it at that. He then smiled charmingly before extending his hand out to her. "Minho. My name is Choi Minho."

She looked at his hand amusedly. Hesitantly, she accepted his hand. "Choi Sulli. Well, I'd jump to conclusion that we're probably related or something, if it isn't that our surname is basically common. Nice to meet you." Said Sulli.

Minho smiled broadly at her before looking down at his tray and picking up his burger. They sat in silence for a moment and Sulli finding the whole situation funnier by the second as she was still confused about this Minho guy.

"So… can I ask why you decided to sit with me? Someone you don't know?" Asked Sulli. She finally decided to bring the subject up for herself.

Minho nodded as he held up a hand to indicate that he wanted to finish chewing first before he answered her. "Sure you can ask, it's a perfectly legitimate question." Said Minho. He took a sip of water before continued, "So here's the thing… I found that you are by far the most beautiful girl in this cafeteria."

"Eh?" Uttered Sulli but then she had to look down at her tray because a sudden feeling of a fierce blush came to her cheeks.

Minho continued, "I mean, you're probably used to that compliment. I'm sure you're the most beautiful girl in most cafeterias. Anyway point is, clearly I don't stand a chance with you and I know that. But since you are the most beautiful girl here and if I'm seen eating with you, it automatically boosts my potential in the eyes of all the so-so girls around here and I have more of a chance with them anyway, so well.…"

Sulli looked up at Minho, she was literally unsure of what he was trying to say.

Minho smiled at her through his eyelashes and then he leaned a bit toward her. "By the way in case you couldn't tell, that was actually a total ploy to ask you out." He whispered with a wink.

Only then Sulli started laughing. "You're quite interesting. Sure, why not?"

 

- - - -

 

Sulli shot a string of curses the moment she heard her alarm clock ring deafeningly on her bedside table. It was still too early in the morning to get up but there was no choice that she needed to get to work. Groaning, Sulli rolled to her side and expected to see her boyfriend of seven years sleeping beside her but all she saw were a bunch of pillows tangled up in her comforter.

"Morning, babe." Greeted Minho, exiting the bathroom with only a towel hanging dangerously low on his hips. "In case you've forgotten, we both have work today."

"Ugh, work." Said Sulli, rolling her eyes and slowly getting out of bed. "The only thing I'm excited about is that I know I'll eventually have to come home and then I can sleep again."

"And?" Pressed Minho, starting to dress up.

Sulli smirked. "Oh and before I sleep, I'll have to drive you wild." She looked at Minho laughing for a moment before entering the bathroom to prepare for another day at the school where she was teaching.

When Sulli was done, she saw Minho leaning against the doorway with a mischievous smile on his face.

"What are you up to?" Asked Sulli, inching her way closer to him and when she was just an arm reach away, Minho drew out his hands to place securely on her hips. She looked at him. "You aren't going to make out with me like there's no tomorrow, are you?"

His smile said it all.

Sulli laughed as she wrapped his arms around his neck. "What will your officemates think when they see your clothes all scrunched up so early in the morning?"

"I know they'll be envious." Replied Minho, tugging her even closer if that was still possible and then bringing his lips down to capture hers.

At the last second before their lips touched, Sulli pulled away and placed her hands smoothly on his crisp polo. Then she shook her head, smiling up to him. "First thing first! Are you free by tomorrow evening? Let's have dinner out together and next we can do our thing then. What do you say?" Suggested Sulli but then she felt Minho loosening his grip on her.

Minho bit his bottom lip for a moment, which Sulli found absolutely adorable, before curving his lips down. "I'm not sure. I might be working late again. I'm sorry."

Sulli frowned. It wasn't like it was the first time Minho rejected her for work and work again but why it was that hard for him to forget about it once in a while just for her sake? "I don't care. You have to clear your work for me tomorrow. Look! What is more important, your work or your girlfriend?"

Minho chuckled and massaged her winkled forehead. "Wow! Where did that sudden hostility come from? Why are you so eager about it? Anything special huh?"

Sulli was caught off guard a little by his question but she managed to recover quickly. "Of course nothing special, I just figured it's been long since we went out for a date. And I just miss our lone romantic time together."

Minho nodded slowly. "Oh I thought there was something special."

"Of course not." Said Sulli but then she pouted and wrapped her arms around his neck. "So babe, you have to be available for our date tomorrow, okay?"

With a swift kiss on her pouty lips, Minho smiled. "I can't promise anything yet but hey, I will try my best to be there with my girlfriend. Lest it be someone would ignore me for the rest of the night. Are you happy now?" He finished while pinching her chin.

Sulli smiled and crossed her arms, looking at him. "Glad you know that."

"Of course, my happiness will be at stake."

Minho led Sulli out of the unit they owned, hands automatically placed around each other’s as they made their way out to the parking area. Minho drove Sulli first to her workplace before he went to his own.

Once they arrived to Sulli's school, Minho turned to face his girlfriend and they engaged in an activity that was practically their hobby already.

"Don't wait for me tonight. I'm probably going to be late." Said Minho between kisses.

"You work too hard." Responded Sulli, pulling away for a moment. "No wonder your officemates call you Minholic. The office is practically your baby."

"Why?" Asked Minho as he held his head up to catch his breath. Sulli was definitely a wild kisser and that was only thing of the many facts he loved about her. "Jealous?"

Chuckling to herself and tweaking his nose, Sulli answered, "Maybe, so don't be too hard on yourself, alright?"

Minho grinned. "Would you rather I go hard on you?"

"Hey!" Sulli threw a light punch on his chest as they laughed together. "Alright, I will see you tonight."

"Good bye babe." Said Minho before he gave her one last kiss on her cheek. Sulli went out of the car when Minho rolled down his window. "Have a great day at work. Teach those children your lecture." He said and then made a gesture of a phone call. "I'll call you later."

Sulli smiled and nodded. "And hey, don't forget about our date tomorrow. Make sure you are free."

Minho sighed with a smile. "I will try my best."

 

- - - -

 

"Ms. Choi! Ms. Choi!"

Sulli quickly put down the wrapped box on her table and turned around, attempting to find the source of the frantic call which almost sounding for help. She smiled to one little girl, with her crayon hat falling off her head was running towards her with a look of terror on her face.

"What's wrong Sobin?" Asked Sulli to the little girl running towards her.

"Ms. Choi…. I forgot my line!" Said Sobin breathlessly.

Tomorrow, the school was going to have a show which performed by the first graders children for the end of the year play. It was a cute musical about crayons and some other activities which choreographed by the music teacher.

Sulli frowned at the young little girl who was still looking at her pleadingly, asking about a line that Sulli wasn't aware of. "Sweetie, as far as I know you don't have any lines, remember?" Clarified Sulli for the young one. She had sat in several rehearsals yesterday and she was fairly certain that Sobin had spent the entire play in the background, just singing along with her classmates.

"Yes I do have the line in the play but I can't remember it. What to do now? I'm going to ruin the whole play!" Whined Sobin on the verge of tears.

The music teacher walked by at that moment and Sulli quickly caught her arm. "Mrs. Kwon, Sobin is very upset because she can't remember her lines but I don't think she has any. Um….or was there some sort of mix up?" Asked Sulli in confusion.

The music teacher's eyes flashed from Sulli to Sobin and then back on her again until a look of recognition dawned on her face. "Ah… I know what she's talking about. Nothing to be concerned, Ms. Choi." Said Mrs. Kwon and then she looked down at Sobin. "Come here dear, I'll help you to remember." She then quickly took Sobin's hand and hurrying her away.

Sulli frowned as she watched them in suspicion, she then shook her head to clear out all any confusion before turning to her desk only to be freaked out. Her wrapped box was lost. She remembered clearly that she put it on her desk. "Where is Minho's gift?" Sulli started to find her gift frantically.

"You're finding this?" Said a voice from behind.

Sulli spun around to find what she was desperately looking for in Krystal's hand as the latter grinned knowingly at her. Sulli sent her co-worker slash best friend a glare before grabbed it back from her hand.

"It's just a gift, not your boyfriend. Don't give me the look as if you wanted to murder me or something." Said Krystal.

Sulli laughed softly. "You are overreacting. Well, I was just worried that I lost it and wouldn't have something to give him on his birthday tomorrow. Hey, this is one of few things I'm going to surprise him tomorrow, you know? I might probably kill you if you made it lose?"

"Omo! Is there one carat diamond ring inside? Seriously! Are you going to propose him? Look at your smile and vicious look on your face, it's giving me goosebumps." Said Krystal.

Sulli smiled and shook her head. She put away her gift securely in her bag before turning to Krystal. She friend, "You know what, you are too nosy to the point I'm really admiring your husband to be put up with you this long."

Krystal rolled her eyes. "Thanks. But to your dismay, we are so happily in love. My husband is sooooo good to me."

"A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter