On the bus

For the Love of MinSul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

On the bus

 

- - - -

 

Sulli boarded the bus and her eyes captured a vacancy of front row seat. She quickly approached it when she was instantly rolled backward as someone just grabbed her backpack.

"Sulli, your seat is over there."

Sulli watched her teacher's finger pointed toward the back row. She frowned, seriously it was the last row on the bus and everybody knew the back rows bounce like crazy with the motion of the wheels. Sulli turned to her teacher when she showed her printed seating plan. "But Mrs. Koo, I mean that this seat hasn't yet occupied now. Can you rearrange th--"

"No!" Mrs. Koo rubbed her temples. "Please Sulli, I'm not in the mood to argue this early in the morning. Now take your assigned seat."

Sulli sighed in defeat. She thought that getting to the school 20 minutes before the stated time would guarantee her the better seat, turned out it just plopped her straight into the worst one.

There was nobody yet on the bus. Sulli bumped her way to the back and slid into her assigned seat. Once she settled comfortably, she leaned her head against the cool glass of the window. Many thoughts raced through her mind as she was trying to weight the huge change that was done in her life within a short span of time.

Sulli must have fallen asleep somewhere along the train of thought because when she woke up there was a flurry of moving landscape outside the window. Yawning and stretching a little, she turned to ask her seatmate the time but only to stop herself as no single word left from . She quickly turned away to stare back out of the window.

Maybe if she ignored him, he would disappear.

"Good morning Sulli."

She didn't respond at his greeting but luck was not with her because he leaned over and blew warm air into her ear, making her squirm.

"Yah! Stop that!" Snapped Sulli.

He grinned, she finally acknowledged his presence. "Good morning Sulli." He repeated.

"Go away!"

He didn't and blew more air into her ear.

"I said stop it!"

"Good morning Sulli."

Knowing there was no way he would stop, Sulli resigned and grumpily returned his greeting. "Good morning! Happy now?!"

He chuckled. "See! That wasn't so hard, was it?"

Sulli glared at him and she squinted down at their legs to make sure there was a large enough gap between their bodies.

Why did her teacher have to put him beside her?

"Are you still mad?" He asked using his almost pleading tone as he really wanted to know.

Sulli snorted. "Why don't take a wild guess?"

He contemplated her face. "No, I don't think you are." He decided to play dumb. He knew this would irritate her but apparently dark expression of hers did nothing for him.

"Wrong!" Drawled Sulli as she turned to face the window.

He sighed. "Ever plan on forgiving me?"

"No!"

"Come on, I'm on this stupid trip for you, aren't I?"

Sulli snapped her head from the window and glared at him. "Did I ask you to come? Of course not! How are you even here? You don't go to this school!"

"Please Sulli, don't throw a hissy fit now."

"I AM NOT THROWING A--"

"Sulli, mind your attitude and use your bus voice!" Warned Mrs. Koo from the front.

Bus voice? What the hell is a bus voice? "But Mrs. Koo--"

"No talking back!" She groaned and again she rubbed her temple. "Taemin, please get your seat partner to calm down."

"Yes ma'am!"

Sulli turned to glare at him accusingly. "Taemin? Wait! This seat was supposed to be Taemin's then and you're not him!"

"Yeah I'm not Taemin. Thanks for noticing." He said and looked at her calmly.

"Where's Taemin, Minho?" Asked Sulli, panicked. Did Minho already murder him and stash his body in the dumpster behind school just to steal his seat beside her?

"Don't worry, I don't have such massive gut to murder people. But if it's for you….well I might consider plotting a plan first." Responded Minho, joking. He watched Sulli's expression that might as well want to eat him up, he sighed in resign and pointed over his shoulder at the adjacent seat. "Taemin right? He's over there."

Sulli peered around Minho's body and narrowed her eyes at the occupants of that seat. "Taemin?"

"Hey Sulli." Responded Taemin in chirpy tone from his spot between a couple of girls.

"Well he's all safe, isn't he?" Muttered Minho.

It took Sulli a great deal of effort to keep a straight face as she hissed at him, "How'd you get him to agree to this?"

Minho eyed Sulli blandly. "Get him to agree to have two pretty girls practically sitting on him?"

"Are you saying I'm not good enough for Taemin?"

"No, but I was just doing something for my own good. I won't let any boy to get near you."

"Your own good?! That's so funny! When did something relate to me would do you any good?" Muttered Sulli bitterly. She returned the look to the window.

Minho wounded his fingers around Sulli's wrist. "It always do, everything about you are all matter to me, when we were dating and even now." He whispered into her ear, pushing his body against her back.

Sulli's body suddenly tensed. "You have no right to bring that up."

Minho was silent for a few seconds. "Why do you think I'm here now? I want you back Sulli. I miss you."

Sulli pushed Minho's body back and whirled around to face him furiously. She started to bite off, "It has been two months since you dumped me. Two months since you told me your parents didn't like me, that they believed I was not good enough for you and that you wanted things to be over!"

"Su--"

"Two months…." She continued, "Since my father's company went bankrupt and we moved from our mansion to a little apartment on the opposite side of the city. Two months since I went from being the most popular girl at our private school, to a nobody at a public school. Two months since you last saw me."

Minho sighed. "And in those two months, I realized how much you actually mean to me and I want you to be mine, no matter what the difference is in our social standing."

"Difference in our social standing?" Repeated Sulli. Her fists were clenched tight, making her nails bite into the flesh of her palms. "You forget, my ancestors were amongst the aristocratic elite. Do not preach to me about the social hierarchy."

Minho put up his hands in defense. "I wasn't trying to insult you. But just hear me out--"

Sulli cut him off, "Why should I? You left me when I was the most vulnerable and now you think you have some right to barge back into my life?"

"I had no choice. Sulli, my parents--"

Sulli wrinkled her nose in distaste at the mention of his hypocritical parents. "Don't tell me they're suddenly accepting of your so-called 'love' for me?"

"I do love you." Said Minho without missing a beat.

Suddenly a series of 'aww' and 'how sweet' came from the seat in front of them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter