Umbrella

For the Love of MinSul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Umbrella

 

- - - -

 

"Sulli!"

A feminine voice called her. Sulli paused and turned, a slight etch appearing between her eyebrows.

"Hana." Answered Sulli unenthusiastically.

"Ugh! I hate raining." Said Hana as she stopped near Sulli and studied the falling rain in annoyance. She turned to Sulli. "Anyway, you may probably have brought your umbrella right? Well, I need to get home and I can't afford to have my hair ruined." Stated Hana, flicking her long wavy, blonde hair.

Sulli's pale lips pressed together disdainfully as she observed Hana silently. "But you already look wet though." she pointed out.

Hana flapped her hand dismissively. "Yeah, I only let my clothes get wet... because they tend to stick, you know? And Minho was in my last class." She fluttered on.

Sulli gave an absent nod, barely registering the name Hana mentioned. She had given up trying to remember which boy was which, since Hana always had a crush on almost every guy.

"Though he wasn't even looking at me but at least I was able to flaunt in front of him. Much or less, he would notice it." Finished Hana.

"Umm…yeah…" Answered Sulli dully. She smiled a little. "Well I actually got an umbrella but I need to walk home as well, so…." she trailed off.

Hana crossed her arms over her chest in impatience, she looked annoyingly at Sulli. "But your hair only took five seconds to you and mine took me over half an hour." She scowled.

Sulli winced at that statement, trying not to take too much offense. She sighed weakly. "Actually it isn't that hard to tie your hair up Hana. I mean plenty of people tie their hair up all the time and it looks quite nice."

"Doesn't your cousin go to this school?" Asked Hana, not even listening to Sulli. "Why don't you walk home with him? I am sure he has an umbrella, so then I can borrow yours."

"That's true...but..." Said Sulli but her voice died off as Hana had already ped her bag and took out her umbrella.

"Thanks Sulli." Muttered Hana before she hurried off.

Sulli sighed as she shrugged one strap off her shoulder so she could swing her bag to her front to zip it back up. Damn that Hana. Her cousin no doubt was going to walk his girlfriend home and Sulli wasn't keen to hang around those two while they were together.

Sulli turned to look gloomily at the sky which was pouring the heavy rain. It was like a reflection of her current mood.

How could she walk home like this? She was going to get wet. Anyway there was no other way. She sighed and began to walk under the rain. Once again Sulli sighed, not even bothering to keep count of her sighs anymore as she wrung her jumper to get out some of the water. This was not good.

"For someone that gets such high marks, I'm surprise you didn't have the sense to bring an umbrella, Sulli."

An unfamiliar voice commented somewhere near her, at the same time the water stopped falling on her head.

Sulli turned her head slightly to see who the speaker was but apart from recognizing the uniform that he came from the same school, she did not know the dark haired boy but he had called her name correctly and that she was meant to know him?

"Ah… um… yeah…" Agreed Jinri absently, half trying to remember who he was, half trying to think of a way to get away from him. "My friend has it." Sulli hastily added when she realized her answer seemed rude.

Sulli glanced at his face, to see whether or not he looked annoyed by the rudeness of her previous answer but instead she caught the slight flicker of a smile on his face. Her gaze dropped quickly when his eyes met hers and she noticed his tie. He looked like a senior, but that tie was a junior tie, which gave him a higher possibility of being the same year just like her. Her mind dismissed that thought quickly as she still didn't recognize him and the idea of walking with a stranger did not please her.

"That's nice of you to lend your umbrella to your friend, while you yourself get soaked." He spoke, probably to break the silence.

"Um… not really. Hana took the umbrella wasn't really my decision." Said Sulli, the gears in her mind spinning quickly in an attempt to at least keep up her part in the conversation.

Despite the fact Sulli was no longer looking at him, she could hear the grimace in his voice. "You know that blonde siren?"

Sulli looked at him in confusion. His words sounded like he was one of the types that found Hana attractive but the tone of his voice clearly stated the opposite.

He stared back at her blankly, before realization dawned on his face. Hastily, ever so hastily he added in, "I don't mean a dangerous alluring women but a device that makes a loud wailing noise as a warning."

Sulli's lips twitched into a smile and she ducked her head to hide it. "Warning for what?" She couldn't help but ask as she kept her tone as nonchalant as possible.

"A warning for me to get away from her ASAP." He answered seriously as they continued walking.

"I see..." Said Jinri hesitantly, edging away from him after bumping into him several times.

"Still, you aren't so smart to let your umbrella get taken away if you were going to walk home." Said the boy with a frown.

Sulli shrugged. "I never said I was smart. Anyways you must be one of the current males Hana is infatuated with." Remarked Sulli.

"What gave you that idea?" Questioned the boy.

"Well Hana only acts….." Sulli paused for a moment to find the word, "Siren-ish to guys if she has a crush on them and she takes a fancy to any half good looking guy." She answered.

"Are you referring to me as a good looking guy?" He asked in a slightly amused manner. A smirk could hear from under his tone.

"A half good looking guy I said and that basically means you aren't ugly." Stated Sulli defensively, all willingness to talk gone. Figured out th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter