Finding herself

For the Love of MinSul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Finding herself

 

- - - -

 

Sulli was meant for big things. Spending the rest of her life with her high school sweetheart in their hometown was not for her. Her talent demanded that she would do more great things, that she would be out there and be someone.… Someone big.

So Minho let her go. He opened his arms and let her run off into the great big ambition in life.

 

Minho and Sulli were just inseparable and they had been in love ever since they were babies, though they didn't quite realize it until they were in high school. To Minho, Sulli was everything. She was his best friend, his lover, his soulmate.

Minho was always Sulli's biggest fan, cheering on her in every event and every play she performed in. He held her hand in comfort zone until she squeezed it bloodless whenever they went to auditions and casting calls. They both knew her big moment would come and deep down inside Minho had always known it, he'd have no choice but to be without her in someday.

Eventually it came sooner. It was occurred than Minho wanted but later than Sulli wanted.

When they graduated from high school, it was bittersweet because they both realized what the future held. Just the day after graduation, Sulli immediately headed off to Seoul, the land of her dreams.

"Promise me you'll wait." Whispered Sulli to Minho at the airport. She hugged him and he held her close, held her so tight, not wanting to let go. Not wanting to watch her turn away from him. Minho knew that he wasn't as optimistic as Sulli. She was the dreamer but his feet had always been firmly planted on the ground. She balanced him but she was leaving.

"I promise." Whispered back Minho, unable to stand the hideous sensation in his chest, the burning behind his eyes. "Come back to me."

Sulli lifted her head and gave Minho that beautiful smile of hers. He pressed his lips to hers, wanting just one more taste.…one last time….one kiss to last him for eternity. Because the truth was that, even if he knew that she fully believed she would return to him, he wasn't that naïve.

How many relationships of their kind lasted?

But Minho knew, even when Sulli would forgotten him, even when he would become a distant memory to her, he would still be waiting for her.

When they let each other go, she gave him that hauntingly lovely smile and walked away, leaving him to chase for her dream....leaving him behind with all of their memories.

 

The first year passed quickly and her first movie came out. It wasn't a huge blockbuster hit but it was big enough for attracting attention and her role in it was just worth enough that she was speedily cast in two more and then three more films. All five of them were massive and shot her into the limelight that she had always been meant for.

Very slowly, a lifetime away, Minho sat and cared for Sulli every move. He watched and bought every film, every poster, devoured every article about her. His high school friends would always send him pitying looks behind his back when they thought he couldn't see. And his college friends had no idea about his past, so they just basically complimented his taste.

"She's so hot, I don't blame you one bit." All of them would say that to him but Minho didn't bother telling them that her looks weren't everything. Somehow, he knew it would be futile.

At the beginning, Sulli called him every day, then every week, then every month. And then the calls just suddenly stopped altogether and Minho knew that was it.

The first time finally he got to see her was somewhat he had already expected. There she was with some actor's arms around her, they talked and laughed happily as she leaned so closer to him. The guy suddenly kissed her and there Minho noticed her shy smile, one beautiful, timid smile that had always been meant for him but now Minho had to admit it, that he already lost it to someone else who finally replaced him to own that smile.

His heart shattered into pieces. But he figured out why not? Why not get absolutely wasted? Maybe, just maybe, it would help drown out her memory out of his mind. But drinking still didn't help, and when the massive hangover hit him, Minho swore he'd never touch alcohol again.

 

Minho finished college and started his career life. He still collected her every DVD, every special edition and collector's item, every fragrance she made. Just everything related to her, he collected them all.

Anyway Minho would carry on. He stepped across a few of relationship along his bachelor life, all encounters with those ex-girlfriends were all good at first but by the time each relationship had ended and they all said the same thing as they left.

"Maybe if you paid even an ounce of attention to me the way you do to her, we would've lasted. I hope you'll be very happy with your sick obsession."

Oh, he was. Minho was more than happy. A psychologist would want him in extensive therapy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter