Chapter 2

To Build Our Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Kai-sshi is positively sure that his baby Sehun hates him.

How else do you explain the fact that whenever Kai and baby’s uncles, Chanyeol and Baekhyun, visit Sehunnie at the maternity ward, Sehun always pointedly ignored his father’s presence?

Sehun doesn’t ignore Baekhyun. When the pretty male coos and smiles at him, Sehun will blink and wave his puny little arms, which of course made every passerby and Baekhyun coo even louder at the immeasurable cuteness.

Hell, even when the giant freak made scary baby faces at Sehun disguised as his famous too-wide smile, baby will make to grab at Chanyeol’s face at the other side of the glass. Perhaps, he was trying to strangle his dummy Uncle Yeol, but still, Chanyeol got a reaction out of Sehun nonetheless.

Kai tried knocking on the glass window; he tried dancing funny to coax a smile out from Sehun; he even made kissy faces at his baby and enunciated “Hunnie! I’m your daddy” countless times, now the entire hospital called him the mad man on the fourth floor. It didn’t work.

Sehun simply ignored Kai; it was as if his baby was perfecting his resting face for daddy, there was even once Kai swore he saw Sehun rolled his eyes at him before turning his back on him. When he told Kyungsoo that, his husband had outright rubbished him.

“How can a two-day old baby roll his eyes, honey? You’re not making sense…” Kyungsoo chortled.

Kai narrowed his eyes and shook his head.

Hmm… I could have swore I saw the white of Sehun’s eyes when he rolled them all the way up to its roof.

“Maybe Hunnie is angry because you said he was red and his skin was so wrinkly when he was first born.” Kyungsoo teased.

Kai gasped and pulled on his hair.

“My baby is holding a grudge against me… NOOOOOOOO~” Kai wailed and buried himself in the layers of blanket on his husband’s hospital bed.

A knock on the door interrupted his childish whining.

“Oh, Nurse Lee!” Kyungsoo waved her in, though he started cooing when he spotted his baby cradled in the nurse’s arm.

“Hunnie!” Kyungsoo cheered and stretched out his hands.

At the mention of their baby, Kai popped his head out from under the covers and narrowed his eyes at baby Sehun.

I can’t believe you’re ignoring me because I said you looked red and your skin was wrinkly. Kai scowled.

Kyungsoo knocked Kai on the head before accepting baby Sehun from the nurse. He hugged the small boy to his chest and started playing with Sehun.

Sehun was gurgling and smiling at his Appa, with his tiny hands grabbing onto Kyungsoo’s pinky. The latter was positively glowing at the sight of their happy baby.

Of course, that left a very jealous Kim Kai-sshi, who was practically glowering at the father and son pair.

I see you’re playing favorites already, Sehunnie. Ignoring Daddy and grabbing Appa’s attention all for yourself huh…

“I will not be the third-party in this relationship!” Kai howled, startling both Kyungsoo and Sehun.

“WAHHHHHHHHH…” A siren-like cry from scared Sehun sounded in the room.

Kyungsoo shot his husband the dirtiest look he could muster before he was trying to placate his son, and get him to stop crying.

Now Kim Kai-sshi is positively sure that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter