Chapter 12

To Build Our Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

2-year old Sehunnie…

Of which, baby’s Uncle Baek is about to give birth and Sehunnie finally found someone he adores more than Pororo. [PART ONE]

 

 

“Can Hunnie h-have one, Appa?” A pair of begging eyes beamed up at Kyungsoo. 

 

The latter sighed and crouched down till he was at his son’s height, “Sorry, baby. Appa said no candy, didn’t I? Besides, it’s almost lunchtime.” 

 

Sehun pouted and placed both his palms on the gumball machine in front of him. “P-Please, Appa?” His lower lip wobbled and one can almost feel the tears approaching. 

 

“Oh come on, Kyungie…” Baekhyun sighed and waddled forward, shoving Kyungsoo aside. “I’m as fat as a whale and about to burst… I could really do with a seat now.”

 

He smiled at Sehun kindly before placing a coin on the kid’s palm, “Here you go, honey.” 

 

Sehun squealed and hugged both of Baekhyun’s legs before stretching up to deposit the money into the machine. 

 

Kyungsoo shook his head despondently and lifted Sehun up into his arms after a red gumball popped out. 

 

Before Sehun could shove it into his mouth, Kyungsoo held it out of his reach and asked him, “What color is this, baby?” 

 

They had progressed from teaching Sehun words to colors recently.

 

Sehun whined and wriggled in Kyungsoo’s arms, desperate to reach for the candy. 

 

“Appaaaa…” Sehun clasped his palms together and pouted. 

 

He was too cute for Kyungsoo to deny him and Kyungsoo would never want to make his baby cry, that’s why he gave in and handed over the gumball. 

 

Before Kyungsoo or Baekhyun could prompt him, Sehun was already planting a kiss onto his Appa’s cheek. “Thank you, Appa.” He smiled. 

 

Kyungsoo felt all his day’s worries disappearing and he nuzzled into his baby’s body, “Awww, you’re welcome Hunnie.” 

 

“Hello… pregnant whale in dying need of rest here.” Baekhyun huffed and dragged father and son towards the nearest café. 

 

Despite it being noon and peak hour, the three were seated fairly quickly when Baekhyun jutted out his tummy as far as it could go and sighed repeatedly, wiping imaginary sweat away from his forehead.

 

Perks of being pregnant. 

 

“You okay there, Baek?” Kyungsoo asked, watching the other sigh contentedly as he dropped into his seat. “You’re due soon, right… I shouldn’t have asked you out for lunch.” He bit onto his lower lip worriedly. 

 

Baekhyun shook his head and smiled, “Nah! I would have died of boredom if I were to stay at home. It’s good to be out of the house.” 

 

They ordered and leaned back into their seats; Sehun was distracted with looking out of the window. 

 

“I’m due next week…” He smiled and caressed his tummy, “That’s why Chanyeol’s flying back tonight.” He pouted at Kyungsoo whilst pointing a finger at him, “Please tell your husband not to send my husband on so many business trips, thank you.”

 

Kyungsoo chuckled and nodded. “Have you decided what to name your baby boy?” He took a sip of his bubble tea when their orders arrived. 

 

Baekhyun nodded, “Yeol and I discussed it before he left. You know how he’s been studying the Chinese language? Well, we kinda took inspiration from Sehun and Yeol suggested this beautiful name.”

 

He smiled, “It’s a secret for now… you’ll have to wait to find out what it is.” Baekhyun laughed when Kyungsoo flicked his straw at him.

 

Sehun scrambled into his father’s lap and demanded for his Appa’s bubble tea. 

 

After Kyungsoo had fed Sehun, the kid sat beside his Uncle Baek as the latter kept him occupied so that Kyungsoo could have his lunch. 

 

He smiled at the endearing sight of Sehun conversing with Baekhyun’s tummy that he had named Lu from awhile back. 

 

He wasn’t even halfway done with his plate of fried rice when a sharp gasp emerged from Baekhyun’s lips. Kyungsoo’s head snapped up and the first thing he saw was Sehun’s stunned face.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter